Manny on Joe Rose Today

Advertisement
This year's team would beat any Miami team of the last 18 years pretty easily so it is just hard to complain IMO. We wanted to get better and we have . Much better. Are we where we need to be? **** no. But you can't get there unless you take steps and we are. We actually have a QB , OC and OL coach now . Not to mention a kicker Those were the 4 problems last year.

This year's team would beat any Miami team of the last 18 years pretty easily so it is just hard to complain IMO. We wanted to get better and we have . Much better. Are we where we need to be? **** no. But you can't get there unless you take steps and we are. We actually have a QB , OC and OL coach now . Not to mention a kicker Those were the 4 problems last year.
Lol...You need help if you think this team could beat the 03 Canes...and im not sold they'd beat 09...2017...or 2013....Lol at pretty easily...

Last edited:
Giving Lashlee a huge benefit of the doubt due to the strong rain, we really need to see this UM offense to score 35+ and get back to successfully running the ball. In addition to WRs improving.

anything short of this and it’s only a matter of time until we rattle off 2-3 loses and go into recruiting season like chumps..... once again
King was having zero trouble throwing in the rain, so Lashlee has no excuse for ramming the run into the backs of the C and G all night.

Advertisement
When did you start watching Miami Hurricanes son?
Miami Hurricanes 2003
Miami Hurricanes 2004
You may have heard (maybe from your parents) about players on 2004 team named Frank Gore, Andrew Johnson, Greg Olsen, Sinorice Moss and Devin Hester right?
On 2003 team, the list included some of the best ever to play the game in their positions, such as Vince Willfork and Sean Taylor.

Last edited:

If Duke Johnson could run for 250 yards against Bud Foster...he would make Manny Diaz cry. Especially with the OL we had in 2013.

Advertisement
It’s the potato post of the year. The 03 canes defense was one of our best ever. Brock the int machine Berlin was responsible for both losses and probably half the points we allowed.

Yeah if he had said something like maybe the last 13 years, it may have been somewhat defensible. But if you go back to 03, and even 04, there’s just no way. We still had better players, very good defenses, more first rounders, and still were winning double digit games, though we were declining from national championship years

People have to decide whether the record counts or not.

"We barely best at 1-4 UVA team", is fine. But then we're a 5-1, So either records say something about a team, or not.

If you want to look at stats, UVA's defense against FBS teams is better than our next 4 opponents. Its offense is better than three of our next four (V'tech).

People have to decide whether the record counts or not.

"We barely best at 1-4 UVA team", is fine. But then we're a 5-1, So either records say something about a team, or not.

If you want to look at stats, UVA's defense against FBS teams is better than our next 4 opponents. Its offense is better than three of our next four (V'tech).
You don’t have to find stats to conjure arguments around when you watch the games. 5-1 is nice, but it’s 5 wins against the **** types of teams we beat last year, and, if you watch the games, you see that our team has played horribly the last 3 games and just we’ll enough to beat 2 horrible teams and get humiliated by one great team.

The idea with football is to get better every week and play your best game the last game. We’re not doing that, so we’re glad to be 5-1 but realize if we keep playing like this the next rap will be “6-3 is a big improvement over 6-7” and so on.

You don’t have to find stats to conjure arguments around when you watch the games. 5-1 is nice, but it’s 5 wins against the **** types of teams we beat last year, and, if you watch the games, you see that our team has played horribly the last 3 games and just we’ll enough to beat 2 horrible teams and get humiliated by one great team.

The idea with football is to get better every week and play your best game the last game. We’re not doing that, so we’re glad to be 5-1 but realize if we keep playing like this the next rap will be “6-3 is a big improvement over 6-7” and so on.

6-3 would mean we lost 2 out of 3 to NC State, VA Tech, Ga Tech. That would be a major fail. The way we played against UVA, and considering 2/3 are away, I’ll take 3 wins with a couple of the ugly variety tbh

Advertisement
6-3 would mean we lost 2 out of 3 to NC State, VA Tech, Ga Tech. That would be a major fail. The way we played against UVA, and considering 2/3 are away, I’ll take 3 wins with a couple of the ugly variety tbh
We'll never progress if we're still in constant death struggles with teams like NC State, VT, and GT. That's what we've been doing over the last 15 years, and it's been a recipe for trash because, eventually, when you slog it up with everyone, you wind up losing some of them.

We need to start playing to our potential. Do that, and and the fans will start buying in. Keep playing like **** and eeking out wins against awful teams, and the skepticism will remain. At the end of the day, yes, wins are what matters, but to truly progress as a team, you need to play better football. Win, but play better too.

but winning is difficult...loser mentality. And it’s setting in because winning is Getting more difficult each week. Think Irvin, Reed, and Lewis say it’s hard to win? Winnings is a habit. Rohan said they always called a UVA type game, a Stat game to pad your stats. ***** tipping your hat to the opponent. You can be respectful and still say you expect to kick their ***. How about preparing the team to kick frigging *** and run up the score instead of barely winning etc.

We need to start playing to our potential. ..wins are what matters, but to truly progress as a team, you need to play better football. Win, but play better too.

Agreed, what you say is true, in theory, but I’m more of a pragmatist now than an idealist, especially this year, when we almost didn’t have a season, and barely had a preseason. So learn to win first.

In this crazy year, I’m taking any kind of wins, ugly or not, because I’m not as sold on this team’s having a massive overall advantage with respect to potential as you are. Especially with respect to the OL and the WRs. Keep the recruiting the momentum, recalibrate at the end of the year, and make coaching changes if necessary.

Down the line Manny has always been suspect, but this is an inflection year for the program, so winning any kind of way is very important for recruiting momentum, especially if we can manage to squeeze out a 10-2 type season. Maybe it’s a pipe dream the way we’ve been playing, but it’s what I’m hoping for

Advertisement
The 2005 team would crush this outfit.

but winning is difficult...loser mentality. And it’s setting in because winning is Getting more difficult each week. Think Irvin, Reed, and Lewis say it’s hard to win? Winnings is a habit. Rohan said they always called a UVA type game, a Stat game to pad your stats. ***** tipping your hat to the opponent. You can be respectful and still say you expect to kick their ***. How about preparing the team to kick frigging *** and run up the score instead of barely winning etc.

We don’t have any Reeds, Irvings, Lewis, or Rohans on this squad.

Instead we have Carter, Wiggins, McCloud, and Austin-Cave.

Pretty comparable.

If we really wanted to win we would of hired Myers or the pirate or funbelt coaches.. but once again we go in house and these are the results they're comfortable with 🤮🤮🤮

Agreed, what you say is true, in theory, but I’m more of a pragmatist now than an idealist, especially this year, when we almost didn’t have a season, and barely had a preseason. So learn to win first.

In this crazy year, I’m taking any kind of wins, ugly or not, because I’m not as sold on this team’s having a massive overall advantage with respect to potential as you are. Especially with respect to the OL and the WRs. Keep the recruiting the momentum, recalibrate at the end of the year, and make coaching changes if necessary.

Down the line Manny has always been suspect, but this is an inflection year for the program, so winning any kind of way is very important for recruiting momentum, especially if we can manage to squeeze out a 10-2 type season. Maybe it’s a pipe dream the way we’ve been playing, but it’s what I’m hoping for
Every team is going through the same pandemic, and, so far, it's had a very minor impact on us. Look at Vag Tech. They've had multiple games where they've had over a dozen guys out including coordinators. And they've been more impressive for much of the season than we have with far less talent.

I don't think we're a top 5 level talent team, but we're certainly way more talented than how we're playing. And that's how I judge things. We'll see how it goes, but when you're doing the same death slogs with ****** acc teams that we've been doing every year for the last 15, I just don't see much difference. Still time for a miraculous Hulk Hogan superman style comeback though.

Advertisement
Back