Manny Navarro Update 12/2/21

Advertisement
Not buying the diaz stuff if Mario says no. They’ve had him limbo for far too long if it were a possibility they would bring him back if cristobal says no.

No no.. bring him back. Its not like college head coaches salaries have exploded this year or anything. And if Mario says no its not like he will sign some 9 figure extension.

Absolutely zero chance you have to pay even more to poach a solid coach next year.

Advertisement
I think just the opposite--why keep stringing him along unless there is a real possibility of bringing him back? What would be the point of that?
There’s a reason Diaz isn’t out hiring an offensive staff. Just like there’s a reason the University hasn’t publicly backed him which would help him recruit. He’s out.

There’s a reason Diaz isn’t out hiring an offensive staff. Just like there’s a reason the University hasn’t publicly backed him which would help him recruit. He’s out.
not that i disagree- but if he knows he is out to the point where he wouldn't hire a staff, why would he recruit?

Manning Navarro reporting that the athletic director candidate list is very impressive. Per the administration we should have an Athletic Director in place early next week and they should have an answer from Mario after the Pac 12 championship game. If Mario does not accept, then they will likely bring Manny Diaz back. He has not heard about Lane Kiffin.

Nunez was considered a strong candidate and rising star. But there was a rub in the talks -- seems like he was not OK with a potential football czar, but at the same time, he was not considered a top of list candidate.

nuts GIF

According to others though, Zo was not the issue.

Advertisement
I just want to know how Manny wants to come back after all this? If my employer was openly talking about "upgrading my position" and not committing to me publically after firing my boss due specifically to my department's performance AND they still asked me to his the road to do my job I'd probably be looking for an escape hatch.

The right coordinators and the right qb can change the direction of the program. We've got more money than we've ever had to spend on a coordinator. Some fired HC or up and comer with success.

Manny is not a bad coach. I understand that this is the narrative but its not true. I think that's why there's such fear that he'll get another shot.
Not a bad coach?

Name one area where Manny is even above average as a head coach?

Turnover props don’t count.

I just want to know how Manny wants to come back after all this? If my employer was openly talking about "upgrading my position" and not committing to me publically after firing my boss due specifically to my department's performance AND they still asked me to his the road to do my job I'd probably be looking for an escape hatch.
Dude should’ve been looking for an escape hatch after the FIU game two years ago.

Advertisement
I think just the opposite--why keep stringing him along unless there is a real possibility of bringing him back? What would be the point of that?
The only alternative explanation for holding him is to limit distractions and the obvious questions media would be asking mario if the job were open.

Other than that there’s zero reason to hold him in purgatory unless there’s a chance he returns.

Advertisement
This is exactly my fear. UM is putting all of its eggs in the Cristobal basket and if they're turned down, they'll stick with Diaz and claim "progress" was still made within the Athletic Department by securing a new AD. With all of the vacancies and movement on the coaching front, I could UM taking the easy way out, granting Diaz another year, and seeing who could be available in another year when Diaz (inevitably) fails once again. If Kiffin really wants the job, it's a no brainer to move on from Diaz, but next to nothing in the past two decades represents rationality within UM athletics.

Advertisement
Back