Manny Navarro Update 12/2/21

PBJFanatic

Sophomore
Manning Navarro reporting that the athletic director candidate list is very impressive. Per the administration we should have an Athletic Director in place early next week and they should have an answer from Mario after the Pac 12 championship game. If Mario does not accept, then they will likely bring Manny Diaz back. He has not heard about Lane Kiffin.

Nunez was considered a strong candidate and rising star. But there was a rub in the talks -- seems like he was not OK with a potential football czar, but at the same time, he was not considered a top of list candidate.

nuts GIF

Advertisement
Manning Navarro reporting that the athletic director candidate list is very impressive. Per the administration we should have an Athletic Director in place early next week and they should have an answer from Mario after the Pac 12 championship game. If Mario does not accept, then they will likely bring Manny Diaz back. He has not heard about Lane Kiffin.

Nunez was considered a strong candidate and rising star. But there was a rub in the talks -- seems like he was not OK with a potential football czar, but at the same time, he was not considered a top of list candidate.
unimpressed michael keaton GIF

I struggle to see ANY positive in bringing manny back. We know what he is, a lame duck coach. What coordinators are going to want to come work under him? He is a dead man walking. Recruits wont come, the fan base will be toxic af, empty stadium, banners will fly etc. Just ridiculous to even consider retaining him.

Advertisement

nuts GIF
Where’s this from?

I struggle to see ANY positive in bringing manny back. We know what he is, a lame duck coach. What coordinators are going to want to come work under him? He is a dead man walking. Recruits wont come, the fan bases will be toxic af, banners will fly etc. Just ridiculous to even consider retaining him.
You’d be way better off on bringing in Lane or even bringing in a coordinator from a Top Ten program right now.

Advertisement
stop with the Manny returning... jeeeeeezus... they aren't going to put $20-30mil into the program, hire a new AD and football director, ALL To then Keep Manny!!! they know **** well, this year was embarrassing on the field and in the stands, and would only get enormously worse next year.... I'm sure they know, the amount of transfers that will leave if Manny stays... the recruiting class falling apart.... our only offensive bright spot staff taking off.... gtfoh with that crap

Advertisement
I struggle to see ANY positive in bringing manny back. We know what he is, a lame duck coach. What coordinators are going to want to come work under him? He is a dead man walking. Recruits wont come, the fan bases will be toxic af, banners will fly etc. Just ridiculous to even consider retaining him.
Manny's last OC just got a P5 HC job. With the money they're going to spend you think nobody will coach for Manny?

I don't think you know how this works.

Advertisement
If somehow this doesn’t go through and manny comes back, there will be 15k in stands, we will need to go into div 2 ranks to get coordinators and we will lose 2 recruiting classes instead of 1..

If he knows the list of candidates is impressive then he would know specific names. Conveniently he doesn’t have the intel to put that out there until Mike Ryan says multiple P5 ADs are interested.
And @Cribby was not only the first but the only one out of anyone to say P5 ADs. We all saw those receipts.

Edit: sorry @Brooklyndee was sharing scorching info. Matter of fact, CiS has had the best inside info from Cribs, Dee, NY, Jumbo, TOC, The artist formerly named Caneinorlando, Sebastianspipe, jack, D$, and many others.

Last edited:
Manny's last OC just got a P5 HC job. With the money they're going to spend you think nobody will coach for Manny?

I don't think you know how this works.
If they are down to spend all this money why keep Manny? He is a bad coach and everyone knows it, including recruits. we are delaying the inevitable if they keep him. Maybe we get a decent OC, cool. You're happy with that ? I'm not.

Advertisement
Back