Manny Navarro Update 12/2/21

Manny's coaching acumen got exposed in the last 58 secs of the FSU game.... at least a hundred people sitting in the stands could have coached that team out of a wet paper bag that evening, with least a chance for a FG at the end. But Manny is an exception... D'No level coaching prowess.

If he returns, we are done.
No man, lots of good coaches lose to FIU, Duke, and LA Tech in the same season.

/s

If they announce Manny is coming back we burn down the Hecht.

Advertisement
If they keep Manny, knowing that Lane wants this job, they should all have their asses kicked

Can you imagine whiffing on Mario, announcing you’re bringing back Manny (gonna get loud and toxic in public - more than it already is), and then losing or getting blown out in a bowl game?

I can’t see him surviving that regardless of what happens with Mario. Manny might force their hand himself
I’m hoping the Admin hasn’t miscalculated the level the fan base is fed up this time. It could very well go nuclear the way you suggest. This is as critical a fork in the road as we’ve seen.

Id like to believe there is already a deal in place. At least the basic components and structure of the contract. If they don’t have a verbal agreement by now, you talk about having us by the balls…Mario and his agent would have us completely bent over next week as the extensions for other coaches continue to get signed and the Mario or Manny option becomes a thing. Nuclear is not an option.

I’m hoping the Admin hasn’t miscalculated the level the fan base is fed up this time. It could very well go nuclear the way you suggest. This is as critical a fork in the road as we’ve seen.

Id like to believe there is already a deal in place. At least the basic components and structure of the contract. If they don’t have a verbal agreement by now, you talk about having us by the balls…Mario and his agent would have us completely bent over next week as the extensions for other coaches continue to get signed and the Mario or Manny option becomes a thing. Nuclear is not an option.
Probably thinking if we miss Mario first, we announce the AD after that and calm the masses by making a big hire and putting out a statement that Manny has to win (they’ve put out this statement twice in 2019, once in 2020, and once already in 2021). Makes me nervous that was their reasoning for the delay on the AD anyway.. you don’t want to get a new AD that would seemingly come in and whiff on the top target, keep manny, and then the melt down happens. Let him get off on the right foot sending a message saying he’s evaluating things and it wasn’t necessarily him that missed or couldn’t get it done.

Not sure what to think. I’m more optimistic and I’ve heard good things but pen hasn’t hit paper.

Advertisement
Probably thinking if we miss Mario first, we announce the AD after that and calm the masses by making a big hire and putting out a statement that Manny has to win (they’ve put out this statement twice in 2019, once in 2020, and once already in 2021). Makes me nervous that was their reasoning for the delay on the AD anyway.. you don’t want to get a new AD that would seemingly come in and whiff on the top target, keep manny, and then the melt down happens. Let him get off on the right foot sending a message saying he’s evaluating things and it wasn’t necessarily him that missed or couldn’t get it done.

Not sure what to think. I’m more optimistic and I’ve heard good things but pen hasn’t hit paper.
I sure hope they are smarter than this. The Tim Manny had to put up or shut up was this season. Every recruit knows it, every assistant coach knows it, every potential AD knows it. No walking it back now

Advertisement
Back