Manny Navarro Update 12/2/21

Advertisement
The right coordinators and the right qb can change the direction of the program. We've got more money than we've ever had to spend on a coordinator. Some fired HC or up and comer with success.

Manny is not a bad coach. I understand that this is the narrative but its not true. I think that's why there's such fear that he'll get another shot.
not a bad what now?

The right coordinators and the right qb can change the direction of the program. We've got more money than we've ever had to spend on a coordinator. Some fired HC or up and comer with success.

Manny is not a bad coach. I understand that this is the narrative but its not true. I think that's why there's such fear that he'll get another shot.
bf7584cd086aaabbb32114e2ed6e05e5.gif

Manning Navarro reporting that the athletic director candidate list is very impressive. Per the administration we should have an Athletic Director in place early next week and they should have an answer from Mario after the Pac 12 championship game. If Mario does not accept, then they will likely bring Manny Diaz back. He has not heard about Lane Kiffin.

Nunez was considered a strong candidate and rising star. But there was a rub in the talks -- seems like he was not OK with a potential football czar, but at the same time, he was not considered a top of list candidate.

nuts GIF
Old news bro

Any info older than 2hrs just assume is wrong

Advertisement
I don't want to believe this BS, but honestly would any of us be surprised if they kept Manny.
No but holy cow would that be wild. I mean, he’s essentially been dumped and now there is a chance you let him move back in for another year because he’s got nowhere else to go. Talk about frosty.

I have a feeling we get an AD by today or tomorrow. No sources, just going along with the timeline. Wonder how many candidates (if any) we're competing with FSU for, although think Alford is campaigning hard for that job.

Manning Navarro reporting that the athletic director candidate list is very impressive. Per the administration we should have an Athletic Director in place early next week and they should have an answer from Mario after the Pac 12 championship game. If Mario does not accept, then they will likely bring Manny Diaz back. He has not heard about Lane Kiffin.

Nunez was considered a strong candidate and rising star. But there was a rub in the talks -- seems like he was not OK with a potential football czar, but at the same time, he was not considered a top of list candidate.

nuts GIF
Let’s stop giving these so-called journalists any attention,

Advertisement
I 100% guarantee you that MANNY NAVARRO DOES NOT KNOW ALL THE NAMES ON THE LIST! you grabbin' at dat *** Manny. you crack me up

Wow so based on your track record that means Manny 100% knows all the names on the list without a doubt. Awesome.

nuts GIF
Truthfully now that Blake James is gone we don't need Zo as a football AD. We're just creating another chef and we have to many of those right now. He just needs to support the football team in a different role.

Advertisement

Been in charge of defense six years. 90 teams gave up fewer points than his defense this year. Would hate to see what you call a bad coach. No D Manny is a terrible coach

I'm not even sure that Mario would want to play with the whole Highsmith looking over his shoulder routine. Why share power with Highsmith when he could be the king of Eugene.
Are you being serious? I really can’t tell. The absurdity of your posts tells me that your shtick is fabricated with the intention of entertaining the folks on here. “ King of Eugene”??? What in the actual ****?

Truthfully now that Blake James is gone we don't need Zo as a football AD. We're just creating another chef and we have to many of those right now. He just needs to support the football team in a different role.

Except you don't understand that the UM "restaurant" has gotten so big that we need more than one "chef". The days of one guy doing everything INCLUDING the newer/larger areas of NIL, recruiting support, scouting support, and consultants requires that we hire more chefs.

Advertisement
So UM is making power moves to hire a big Whig AD yet wants who they want for Head Coach, and if they don’t get him will retain the current **** head for what exactly? What‘s the logic here, if I‘m a big Whig AD and I‘m going to be saddled with another underperfoming year from my most important sport having to retain the CMD, why would I take the job? One year in I‘m going to feel the heat. Sounds sus

Absolutely nothing would surprise me with this University, but you simply cannot bring Manny back next year. No coordinators are going to want to work for a lame duck coach, no top recruits are going to commit to a lame duck coach, and you are going to further alienate an already ****ed off fanbase. It's a recipe for a completely toxic environment. Even if the BOT doesn't understand this, surely Smithers 1 and Smithers 2 are advising Frenk accordingly. All I can hope is that Navarro is misinformed, or that the "Manny is plan B" narrative is a smokescreen because they already have Mario's answer.
This

Advertisement
Back