Manny jumps 26 spots in top coaches list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did u really just compare Jimmy Johnson from the 70s and 80s..to a modern coach today?..Saban was a idiot at MSU? 🤦🏾‍♂️
He and Saban both came from schools not even recognized as the football power in their state. The circumstances were the same it doesn't matter if you think the game has changed.

Great coaches don't usually get their starts at the Alabamas of the world. Instead of marking a post with an opinion as dumb how about you tell me why that is so wrong?

Advertisement
Give it a rest kid you are deflecting when presented with some pretty good arguments. Riley is good but there are good/great coaches everywhere and at all levels. I like to spread my love so one guy can't break my heart.

You like his offense...Defense wins championships (Usually)

Stoops won a National Championship in year 2 but his Sooner teams played better defense. Not saying Riley wont but this is year 5 or so and with all the talent...

You got it started by downvoting a post on Campbell because it hurt your Riley man crush. I was actually agreeing with you but you felt the need to be on the Riley or nothing train.
Goober and 305 gotta resort to propping each other up, like they're killing this debate lol!

Goober and 305 gotta resort to propping each other up, like they're killing this debate lol!
You 2 have done well in here, you guys should be professional sports writers since they all say Riley is better yet you 2 CIS goons, you REALLY KNOW who is. They are all wrong..... lmao

"Defense wins championships"

LMAO

The last 2 national championships have been won by offenses my man. LSU and Bama outscored teams, anyone with a brain witnessed it. What a take....

L

It wasn't Oklahoma was it? I also said usually. Need a defense to get a stop.

I guess Riley just hasn't scored enough so his great offenses got stopped somewhere along the line.

Look, Riley is a good coach. However, you can put several coaches there including Campbell and I just believe they would equal what he has done.

Advertisement
Why you playing dumb dawg??!! Of course you can't compare Indiana and ISU to historical bluebloods, but these guys are giving teams with more talent more than they can handle WITHOUT 4 & 5 star talent. Talk about not making any sense?
******* Exactly right!!! I’ve been saying that. Blue blood programs have different expectations. The pressure is different. The comp on the trail tryna get guys is different. The fans, alums, boosters all that **** those coaches deal with is different..**** we see what our former players get on social and radio shows and absolutely dragged Golden..at Indiana and Iowa states of the world they don’t have to endure it at that same level...Therefore, how tf can u list coaches at Iowa state and Indiana above a guys who are getting it done at programs like that..., Riley is winning the conference every year and has his team in or at the brink of a CFP birth annually..it makes 0 sense.

NOBODY IS SAYING THEY CANT COACH FOOTBALL..but **** there’s levels to it

It wasn't Oklahoma was it? I also said usually. Need a defense to get a stop.

I guess Riley just hasn't scored enough so his great offenses got stopped somewhere along the line.

Look, Riley is a good coach. However, you can put several coaches there including Campbell and I just believe they would equal what he has done.
And thats fair, thats your opinion, just like mine is the opposite. No need to keep hashing it out tbh

Advertisement
Goober getting into a fight on CIS. Here’s my surprised face.....😐
It's not a fight SF, it's discussion. How feminine are your shoulders? Were you beat as a kid, never realized how soft you are.

This is FAR from fighting in my book

******* Exactly right!!! I’ve been saying that. Blue blood programs have different expectations. The pressure is different. The comp on the trail tryna get guys is different. The fans, alums, boosters all that **** those coaches deal with is different..**** we see what our former players get on social and radio shows and absolutely dragged Golden..at Indiana and Iowa states of the world they don’t have to endure it at that same level...Therefore, how tf can u list coaches at Iowa state and Indiana above a guys who are getting it done at programs like that..., Riley is winning the conference every year and has his team in or at the brink of a CFP birth annually..it makes 0 sense.

NOBODY IS SAYING THEY CANT COACH FOOTBALL..but **** there’s levels to it
He's winning his conference because he has more talent, but that's all he's done since he's been head coach is win his conference, nothing more.

Advertisement
Advertisement
"Defense wins championships"

LMAO

The last 2 national championships have been won by offenses my man. LSU and Bama outscored teams, anyone with a brain witnessed it. What a take....

L

Because Bama didn’t hold OSU to 24 and LSU didn’t hold Clemson to 25

What were those teams averaging going into the final game?

Because Bama didn’t hold OSU to 24 and LSU didn’t hold Clemson to 25

What were those teams averaging going into the final game?
Yes. Those offenses scoring at will didn't help both those games be a wrap at halftime. Great point.

How about this, take what LSU and Bama scored and compare it to the averages those teams gave up and get back to me. You might be surprised.

Anyone with a brain knows the last 2 NCs were offensive teams, not defensive

Yes. Those offenses scoring at will didn't help both those games be a wrap at halftime. Great point.

How about this, take what LSU and Bama scored and compare it to the averages those teams gave up and get back to me. You might be surprised.

Anyone with a brain knows the last 2 NCs were offensive teams, not defensive
Lsu played defense that night against Oklahoma, but Oklahoma didn't lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back