Manny jumps 26 spots in top coaches list

Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't understand it's usually the people who don't have logic or common sense. Riley is legit he beats u schematically.....they run some great play designs and they have has success with those designs vs teams with way more talent. When the play in the playoffs they get out talented but they do well and use alot of designs to make even sec defenses think a bit. He's intangibles and I won't be surprised he will be a HC in the NFL someday.
And you know why Riley's dominating his conference? Because he's " out talenting " his conference opponents. But when he runs across a team with equal or more talent he gets skull forked! Finebaum just did a segment on Oklahoma a couple days ago. Pretty much poking fun at yall boy for not being able to win a playoff game lol.

Advertisement
They don't understand it's usually the people who don't have logic or common sense. Riley is legit he beats u schematically.....they run some great play designs and they have has success with those designs vs teams with way more talent. When the play in the playoffs they get out talented but they do well and use alot of designs to make even sec defenses think a bit. He's intangibles and I won't be surprised he will be a HC in the NFL someday.

Can you name a single team he's beaten that has more talent than his?

Advertisement
Cheater, cheater, cheater, agree, overrated. Fitzgerald deals with a lot of academic restrictions so I credit what he's done. I don't buy the Campbell hype. He's been at Iowa State since 2016. He's had a grand total of 3 players drafted into the NFL. 3 in 4 years. Thats f#cking horrendous. He might be a decent Xs and Os guy (so he wins because he can out coach others) but his lack of NFL players leads me to believe his recruiting and eval skills are poor. Is it hard to recruit at Iowa State? Sure but it's no worse than Pullman, WA and Leach was still pumping recruits into the NFL.

My list will have some unpopular names for Canes fans. In no particular order:
1. Jimbo - Riley chokes in big games. Jimbo has proven he can win them
2. Brian Kelly (yes ND is rich but they also have tough academic standards.)
3. Ken Niumatalolo- Navy gives a lot of teams trouble and it's crazy how tough it is to compete with other programs
4. Paul Chryst - does more with less
5. Bill Clark. What he does at UAB impresses me more than what Campbell has done at Iowa State.
Agree 100% on Clark and Chryst. They have done a phenomenal job considering what they have had to work with and in Chryst's case who they have had to play every year.

We will have to agree to disagree on Jimbo. He is an excellent recruiter and yes he has won some big games. However I don't see him as a top 5 coach.
I don’t get this logic. Isn’t recruiting a HUGE aspect of being a college coach? Is Nick Saban not really good because his team has the talent advantage against anyone else? The question is “who is the best college coach?” not “who does the most with the least?” I’ll take the guy who signs the best players and wins the most championships over the guy who gets the most out of a lesser team.
Ok cool.

5 years in a row with top 3 recruiting classes or something outlandish and his best result was with Richts players

He’s such a doofus Oregero won a NC before him
You know..here’s a secret..recruiting at a elite level is apart of building a program..I know, crazy thought Amirite
1621555391513.gif

Hard to compare coaches because location and tradition matters. Some people get woodies over Riley who gets the pick of the litter for recruits yet he still has won little (thus far) at OU except what he has been expected to win. To his credit though he has put his team in the playoffs. If there wasn't also a defensive side of the ball look out.

Jimmy Johnson did above average after leaving OK State which can't compare with Oklahoma...He had better talent to work with and if my memory serves me correctly he did ok at the U. I am sure most of us were wondering WTF at the hire but there are probably a couple of "experts" on here that knew he was the real deal.

Nick Saban was an idiot at Michigan State and didn't become a good coach for some reason until he hit the LSU/Bama lottery. I am sure not being the University of Michigan in Michigan didn't factor into it. More than likely he was a really good coach making the most out of the talent he could get there.

Hard to compare coaches unless they are coming from similar institutions...A lot of great coaches have left great jobs and resurfaced at "lesser" programs never to be relevant again.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
29-25-3

Oklahoma State University
In 1979, Johnson earned his first head coaching position, leading him back to the state of Oklahoma. During his five seasons at Oklahoma State, his teams combined for a record of 29-25-3 with two bowl appearances.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1990Toledo11920.818-4.61-13.24
1995Michigan State12651.5427.689.27Independence Bowl-L
1996Michigan State12660.5008.665.16Sun Bowl-L
1997Michigan State12750.5839.474.052511Aloha Bowl-L
1998Michigan State12660.5008.135.802323
Did u really just compare Jimmy Johnson from the 70s and 80s..to a modern coach today?..Saban was a idiot at MSU? 🤦🏾‍♂️

Advertisement
BINGO, they just gloss over that fact
Like I said..these games are comical. They really tryna say a coach at Indiana or Iowa state are more elite then the coaches who coach at places with conference, CFP and national championship expectations who are getting it done annually..and then say “wELs OnE CoAch geTs tOoo sIGN tOp GUiiys”...as tho that’s automatically a given and it’s not apart of the job..lord take the wheel

Again, Riley is winning his weak *** conference with elite players like he's supposed to, then he proceeds to get embarrassed when he plays someone good outside his conference, which makes his regular season look like a fluke. 1-3 in the post season IS NOT elite. He's going to the playoffs simply for belonging to and winning his power 5 conference. Not a knock, just stating the facts.
But your propping a coach from the said conference...at least make it make sense man

Riley gets love cause of his offensive scheme and ay designs. Sometimes they give a coach respect based off his tangibles. There is a reason NFL teams want Riley and don't want others. They want the brilliant scheme and that's what they see with him. It's that simple it's not rocket science
D do u think Riley belongs in the top 5 or 10 rn?

Advertisement
Ok, I can't keep going back and forth on Riley/Campbell, I have found no less that a dozen coach ranking lists and not one has Campbell above him. By professional writers none the less. But let me take the word of 2 CIS porsters over all of that by all means.

You have convinced me, Campbell >
Bruh but the 2 cis members promise u campbell is..it’s gospel since it’s a whole TWO. Don’t get struck down by lightning bruh. U seem to be good ppl

Bruh but the 2 cis members promise u campbell is..it’s gospel since it’s a whole TWO. Don’t get struck down by lightning bruh. U seem to be good ppl
It cracks me up, I can supply them without after list but mutt and jeff CiS CFB "experts " they KNOW

But your propping a coach from the said conference...at least make it make sense man
A coach with less talent than the guy you're propping up yet he has your guy on the ropes, plus every time there's a job opening he's No.1 on the short list. What doesn't make sense to you?

Advertisement
The thing is why would he be HC at ISU ever? He is a renowned offensive genius and was deserving of a far better gig as a HC than that mediocre program.

Think people
Give it a rest kid you are deflecting when presented with some pretty good arguments. Riley is good but there are good/great coaches everywhere and at all levels. I like to spread my love so one guy can't break my heart.

You like his offense...Defense wins championships (Usually)

Stoops won a National Championship in year 2 but his Sooner teams played better defense. Not saying Riley wont but this is year 5 or so and with all the talent...

Ok, I can't keep going back and forth on Riley/Campbell, I have found no less that a dozen coach ranking lists and not one has Campbell above him. By professional writers none the less. But let me take the word of 2 CIS porsters over all of that by all means.

You have convinced me, Campbell >

You got it started by downvoting a post on Campbell because it hurt your Riley man crush. I was actually agreeing with you but you felt the need to be on the Riley or nothing train.

Like I said..these games are comical. They really tryna say a coach at Indiana or Iowa state are more elite then the coaches who coach at places with conference, CFP and national championship expectations who are getting it done annually..and then say “wELs OnE CoAch geTs tOoo sIGN tOp GUiiys”...as tho that’s automatically a given and it’s not apart of the job..lord take the wheel
Why you playing dumb dawg??!! Of course you can't compare Indiana and ISU to historical bluebloods, but these guys are giving teams with more talent more than they can handle WITHOUT 4 & 5 star talent. Talk about not making any sense?

Can you name a single team he's beaten that has more talent than his?
Bruh..is Texas not still in the big 12?. Cmon now..smh y’all really got me defending Riley *** rn😂..the proof is in the pudding. Texas has the best “talent” in that conference and he’s 3-1 vs them and wins that conference every year

"Defense wins championships"

LMAO

The last 2 national championships have been won by offenses my man. LSU and Bama outscored teams, anyone with a brain witnessed it. What a take....

L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back