Manny Diaz on WQAM today

Miami’s culture has been f*ucked up for several years. Even before Richt got here. If you think Manny was going to fix that in 1 year, ur out of ur mind. And no I’m not a homer, he sh*t the bed in some aspects last year but he addressed them and wasn’t a stubborn a**hole like Richt.. This isn’t the Dynasty Mode on a video game... Miami isn’t a easy job as much as y’all think it is..

CIS Hall of Fame worthy post.

Advertisement
Miami’s culture has been f*ucked up for several years. Even before Richt got here. If you think Manny was going to fix that in 1 year, ur out of ur mind. And no I’m not a homer, he sh*t the bed in some aspects last year but he addressed them and wasn’t a stubborn a**hole like Richt.. This isn’t the Dynasty Mode on a video game... Miami isn’t as easy a job as y’all think it is.
I agree with you. The culture has been rotten for a long time. I’m speaking in terms of guys who come in and flash early, then **** around for a year or two with one foot out the door waiting to get drafted. They stop getting better and they certainly stop helping the team perform. Many have paid for it on draft day.

I don’t know if Manny is the guy to change it, but that is the primary challenge. We need a team full of guys who bust their *** to play for Miami and then get rewarded in the end with a pro opportunity.

Miami’s culture has been f*ucked up for several years. Even before Richt got here. If you think Manny was going to fix that in 1 year, ur out of ur mind. And no I’m not a homer, he sh*t the bed in some aspects last year but he addressed them and wasn’t a stubborn a**hole like Richt.. This isn’t the Dynasty Mode on a video game... Miami isn’t as easy a job as y’all think it is.

Manuela's been here since 2015 bud & the players respect him no more than you & I. He wasn't "The Guy" when they hired him & isn't now. I would say I feel bad for the elderly fans in their twilight years because as long as he is running the program the year is a wash, but they have actually witnessed Miami be relevant.

James is incompetent.

Manuela is incompetent.

Fire both of them today.

Just looking at any sports team or any corporation: despite its history or previous success, if leadership at the top becomes weak, in the blink of an eye the whole infrastructure will become weak. Ppl sometimes underestimate the power of incompetence, even when it stares them at the face. Most of us, if not all of us, hold out hope b/c of our rich history over the last 30+ yrs, and our natural recruiting resource, but have become blinded by how truly weak the leadership is.

I repeat, Manny has been here for 4 going on 5 yrs now, and came from an already failed regime. Let’s see him prove us wrong, but he’s shown a very checkered pattern:
2019:
1. He fires the entire offensive staff, keeping his defensive staff in tact, and then makes some slime remarks that insinuated that his former employer was apart of the problem.

2. After the CMU victory, the team celebrated like children in the locker room, and Manny praised the team’s effort.

3. Coming off the bye week, we get beat by VA Tech; during practice he states he had to stop practice to do a one, A ONE minute drill to get his team’s attention. The following day, he praised his team’s efforts and “seem” to really get the sense of urgency.

4, Come out flat against GT. THIS is when Manny starts to throw players under the bus, and this would become a trend. He would say things like “it starts w me; we didn’t do a good enough job to get our players prepared; I wanna win just as bad as anyone” but then proceed to say “those guys gotta show that they want it, do their jobs, be focused.” (I call this The Al Golden double talk)

5. Season ends, and Manny overhauls the entire offense, AGAIN, keeping his entire defensive staff in place (insinuating again, he’s not the problem, the offense was the problem)

2020:
1. New offensive staff is hired, to modernize our offense (remember in 2019, home run gif was tweeted out when hiring Enos, b/c he “helped” a Heisman winning QB, and their offense to put big points.

2. Reports start to come out from “anonymous“ sources from w/in the program how players were dogging it, some players were called cancers, and others w/in the program were happy some where leaving.

This chit is becoming ground hogs day, bro. That’s weak leadership. A real leader doesn’t blame others; they owns their chit, and look to improve. Manny refusal to upgrade his staff, keeping yes men around him, is the same chit we complained about w Golden, and Richt....but at least the latter recruited well.

Last edited:
Advertisement
CIS ~ it's coaches fault....no, wait it's the players fault. Hold up, no it's Fake James and the BOT....

How about it's everyone associated. Players need to be held accountable. Coaches need to motivate these young men. Push them. The bad apples that become a distraction should be exited quickly. James needs to hold coaches that fail accountable. What does this mean? Less compensation and/or termination. The BOT and university President should fire an AD that lacks leadership and vision. Football is a major revenue stream to a school and should always operate with the highest level of excellence and execution. Schools that repeatedly don't speaks to either incompetence or they don't care about Athletics.

Always look at the top and work down.

I see you still eat turds for breakfast. Drumming that homer drum baby!!!! iaz been here since 2015 & there is better culture in Chicago's South-side.

I still see you’re still the same one trick pony who has the thinking radius of a fly on a steaming pile.

Have another breakfast beer doofus.

Advertisement
Bro its not just an urban thing. In most locker rooms that stunt Mark pope was pulling would have gotten his nose broken. I think this problem was worse than anybody including blake james thought. For example these same things were said last year. Enos has motion, richt is old blah blah blah. Im not crowning anything until i see it on the field.

Urban would win a NC here by Year 3.

Nobody respects that cleat wearing dork. He lives vicariously through his players because he wants to be one of them so bad that he does the type of crap that you alluded to, to include additional dumb sht. He thinks all of this makes him look cool. He has nothing else to offer other than attempting to be cool.

If he had an ounce of a clue he would throw it all out the window and get back to the basics. Problem is, he doesn’t know what that should be.

All this **** was pretty lit until Game 1.

So who has transferred since our fake head coach took the reigns? Bethel, D Smith, Hightower, Lingard, Dykstra, Irvin, Polendey, Patchan, Jarren, Bubbs. Anyone else? Then Thomas, Dallas, Bandy, and Garvin all left early for the draft.
Trying to figure out why I’m being downvoted for seeing who all transferred since Manny took over lol. Come on now jagbones.

I still see you’re still the same one trick pony who has the thinking radius of a fly on a steaming pile.

Have another breakfast beer doofus.
Someone with an IQ of 20 can formulate that Manuela is a *******. When he took over the program he was saying we could win now if we just updated the offense & then directly contradicted himself by hiring an even bigger ******* who doesn’t understand water makes paper wet & ran a offense from the 80s. The snakeoil salesmen will have to repeatedly catch lighting in a bottle with an OC to save his skin. Yet stupid asś fans like you clamor that he needs more time to fix the culture that he’s been apart of for half a decade & takes zero responsibility for contributing to nor not being able to change. Sure the culture sucked hairy balls when he got here, but it hasn’t improved a lick under him! Keep his wang in your mouth doe B! Manny going to have another dissapponting year then all our cultureless Juniors going go turn pro & the cycle continues.

Advertisement
Our HCs have had these idiots who leave early and go undrafted or underdrafted as examples of what not to do and how not to prepare and play for the last 15 years. They've been unable to use the idiots effectively to motivate the current players to not repeat their sins of coasting through their final season here or leaving when they shouldn't.

Manure's been here long enough to see this trend and try to solve it, but it's only getting worse. His biggest challenges are changing a culture that he helped create and allowed to fester. That's a pretty monumental challenge if he's claiming to be a victim of that which he helped create and allowed to propagate.

Our HCs have had these idiots who leave early and go undrafted or underdrafted as examples of what not to do and how not to prepare and play for the last 15 years. They've been unable to use the idiots effectively to motivate the current players to not repeat their sins of coasting through their final season here or leaving when they shouldn't.

Manure's been here long enough to see this trend and try to solve it, but it's only getting worse. His biggest challenges are changing a culture that he helped create and allowed to fester. That's a pretty monumental challenge if he's claiming to be a victim of that which he helped create and allowed to propagate.

He made a step in the right direction (depending on who you ask) recently by restricting contact with agents for Juniors and below.

Advertisement
I'm not saying he's wrong, but Diaz has been at Miami for 4 years as a DC/HC. If it's a fixable problem, why isn't it fixed?
Ultimately it is the HC that calls the shots on "pushing" players out....this is Manny's 2nd year and you are finally seeing accountability. Last year he needed bodies

Manny’s biggest problem is he came under nice guy Richt (notorious mister nice guy) and started three freshman LB’s and numerous other young kids well before they were ready. It seemed to empower them in the exact opposite way it did those young kids back during Butch‘s days. Manny’s guys seemed to plateau for whatever reason where as Butch’s continued to grow with experience. In the past 4 or 5 years I’ve never seen so many players fizzle out after looking promising early in there career at Miami. I’ve come to the conclusion some coaches just have it and some don’t. I pray Manny turns this around, but I have my doubts.

1- The good offensive coaches in the ACC figured out Manny's scheme, even ones with less talent than Miami which is most.

2- Manny obviously isn't good at motivating. Even the guys he brought in (Smith, Garvin, Bandy, etc) have left early/transferred.

3- Quarterman especially looked stiff as a board, so some of this is on S&C development.

4- With the amount of blown coverages and lack of gap sound football- I'm thinking some FB IQ development isn't happening either.

5- I think the D coaches are deploying well most of the time (especially compared to Enos and D'Onofrio), but at times some of those slow *** blitzes from Pinckney and some of the DB's left 1on1 sure didn't help. 4th and 17 is all we have to look to.

Advertisement
Back