Manny Diaz on WQAM today

Bro its not just an urban thing. In most locker rooms that stunt Mark pope was pulling would have gotten his nose broken. I think this problem was worse than anybody including blake james thought. For example these same things were said last year. Enos has motion, richt is old blah blah blah. Im not crowning anything until i see it on the field.

There is no crowning here. I was definitely okay with Diaz getting fired. Since it didn’t happen, he at least seems to has learned his lesson. Would you agree that the offenses changes was a step in the right direction? The culture will not change until we start winning plain and simple. We won’t start winning until we get our key players to continuously play at a higher level and lead others to do the same. Part getting our highly talented kids to play at a high leve is leveraging the right scheme. This was addressed on the offense side. If we tweak a few things on the special team and defense to match the personnel we will see improvement there as well.

Advertisement
There is no crowning here. I was definitely okay with Diaz getting fired. Since it didn’t happen, he at least seems to has learned his lesson. Would you agree that the offenses changes was a step in the right direction? The culture will not change until we start winning plain and simple. We won’t start winning until we get our key players to continuously play at a higher level and lead others to do the same. Part getting our highly talented kids to play at a high leve is leveraging the right scheme. This was addressed on the offense side. If we tweak a few things on the special team and defense to match the personnel we will see improvement there as well.

Culture won't change until Manny benches someone for ******* up

Jarren probably thought he was God after FSU and Lousville

Was there a memo sent from the hecht to throw players under the bus recently? Straight BS

Did they just learn about this mystical character that wins games against FIU?? La Tech??

Advertisement
Culture won't change until Manny benches someone for ******* up

Jarren probably thought he was God after FSU and Lousville

Benching someone who ***** up doesn’t necessarily work, especially if we are benching the best option we have at a particular position. When Jarren gets benched and has to be brought back in because his replacement can’t get the job done, then it hasn’t served it’s purpose. We have to win. Sustained winning is the only thing that can get everyone onboard.

Benching someone who ***** up doesn’t necessarily work, especially if we are benching the best option we have at a particular position. When Jarren gets benched and has to be brought back in because his replacement can’t get the job done, then it hasn’t served it’s purpose. We have to win. Sustained winning is the only thing that can get everyone onboard.
Imagine the hate if Manny brought in a true freshman to try and make a comeback against Pitt. Perry was awful that game, Martell wasn’t there, and Jarren decided to take the week off of practice that week.

Imagine the hate if Manny brought in a true freshman to try and make a comeback against Pitt. Perry was awful that game, Martell wasn’t there, and Jarren decided to take the week off of practice that week.

Benching is something that works at OSU, Bama and Clemson because of the quality depth. Getting our top players to play at the highest levels is what we need. Back to my point on Rousseau. Our top players have to understand what is at stake for themselves (draft status) and the team (wins).

Advertisement
To me manny just doesn’t look like a football coach. He seems fairly smart but I don’t think kids will ever fear him like an urban Meyer or even a Mario crisotbal
Well, Joe Gibbs didn't look too tough either. You don't have to scream or be in anyone's face. Just say here's our standard, here's what he expect and if you don't live up to these values.....Bye, Bye!!!

The COVID cloud makes poor Al Golden's cloud look like one of those rainbow clouds from Care Bears.

But u already know it’s built in. I can already hear him:

“Well you know, Joe, this is the team’s 3rd Offensive Concept in 3 yrs, and when you’re installing a new offensive concept, there’s going to be natural bumps, and bruises and kinks to work out. Unfortunately, u know due to COVID, we didn’t get a chance to really install all parts of the offense like we had hope to. You look at a LSU from last yr, as an example, those guys were able to install a new offense and had Spring and Summer to test and work through any problems, and we see how they benefited. We’re trying to get to that level, but unfortunately COVID hit, and kids weren’t able to practice like we normally would and as a result, we see us a little sluggish right now. But each practice we’re getting better and we’re almost there.”

LOL; tell me that don’t sound like chit Manny would say in the am w Joe Z?! Lol.

One of the hosts talks about how Greg is projected to be a 1st round pick next year and Manny replied "Where was Joe Burrow last year? Where was Jonathan Garvin on the draft boards last year?" He praised Rousseau but says he has a lot to do to get better.

His point of anything can happen from one year to the next really hit home with the Burrow example. We can have a bunch of kids who can improve their future draft status if they apply themselves and play to their abilities.

Butch Davis would be a decent HC here. He also might be the only man we can afford when we fire Manny after this season. He does have a record of having the respect of his players. Something we haven't seen since he left.

Before all you Anti-Butchers go crazy, I am not suggesting he's the best man for the job. Just that if we want a coach the players will run through a wall for, he's that guy.
One Last time....he's not coming...Nor is he interested....

Advertisement
Manny clearly said on day one he was going to fix the culture at Miami. He failed to even make a dent in the problem. No discipline no accountability will get you a 6-7 record. TNM remember

He has addressed some of the issues and made some changes. We can clearly see he was dealing with some seriously bad apples. There is better leadership in some key areas that should begin to make some differences. If he doesn’t get things moving in the right direction after this year, with the moves he has made, he won’t get it done.

Advertisement
Manny clearly said on day one he was going to fix the culture at Miami. He failed to even make a dent in the problem. No discipline no accountability will get you a 6-7 record. TNM remember

Not even a dent?

New offensive coordinator
New offensive line coach
New WR coach
New COS
Jarren gone replaced by King, a proven QB

So what kid would want to play for a coach like him?

Problem 1: Manny accepts zero accountability.

If our locker room was that awful, then the wrestling mat to begin our practice w/ the music is even more stupid. If our locker room was that bad, then showing up to a charity on a yacht is even more irresponsible. If our locker room was this bad, then coining us THE NEW MIAMI is foolish.

It's hard for players to bust their *** for a guy that's not easy to trust.

James is incompetent.

Manuela is incompetent.

Fire both of them today.

Miami’s culture has been f*ucked up for several years. Even before Richt got here. If you think Manny was going to fix that in 1 year, ur out of ur mind. And no I’m not a homer, he sh*t the bed in some aspects last year but he addressed them and wasn’t a stubborn a**hole like Richt.. This isn’t the Dynasty Mode on a video game... Miami isn’t as easy a job as y’all think it is.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back