Manny Diaz on WQAM today

So what kid would want to play for a coach like him?

Problem 1: Manny accepts zero accountability.

If our locker room was that awful, then the wrestling mat to begin our practice w/ the music is even more stupid. If our locker room was that bad, then showing up to a charity on a yacht is even more irresponsible. If our locker room was this bad, then coining us THE NEW MIAMI is foolish.

It's hard for players to bust their *** for a guy that's not easy to trust.
Every time you post I fall deeper into the abyss. Every now and then, can you not speak the absolute truth and just lie to give me hope. When someone calls you on it you can blame me. “Yeah, Macca needed a breath of fresh air...”

Advertisement
Every time you post I fall deeper into the abyss. Every now and then, can you not speak the absolute truth and just lie to give me hope. When someone calls you on it you can blame me. “Yeah, Macca needed a breath of fresh air...”
Agreed.

It's night and day to my Carolina Panthers.

Finally it feels like we have someone in charge who has a plan and knows what he's doing. I've been in football purgatory for the last 5 years.

This is a joke manny included. Before u can even player develop, there is a stench that needs to be cleaned out of UM football. Probably from the top down. I just listened to footballville interview with lawrence cager he basically said he just went to miami because he couldnt go to alabama gave no real reason. If u add lingard and jarren we had a team of players wishing they were somwhere else. There is no magic scheme that will fix this, no drill will fix this, no recuiting edits will fix this. Money might fix it. We have players in the lockkeroom that dont care abt being there. Thomas brown called it cancer, Jadon Hasselwood called it just happy to be here. I call it p*ssy. Call urban myer he can get it fixed. I had a cousin and a buddy of mine that played for urban. Cousin played in the NFL and my buddy transferred out. They both told me there was no in between with Urban. Either you did it his way or he made you want to quit football. Look at the kid from st thomas. He quit ohio state after like 3 weeks lmao. Urban has a degree in psychology and would mess with the players from moving their sh*t out the dorms to changing what they could eat pregame. Once they were having a meal and urban fed some of the steaks, seafood etc and the other players like beanie weanies. He would win a title here in 4 years max. Compare that to what manny is doing. You go on radio after the fact. Those should have been quitting mid season if that was the case.

There are only a handful of coaches that have the clout the Meyers had. He built his clout over time by coaching winning football. He also had key coaches and players help him develop and nurture his winning system. The key for Manny is to learn from his mistakes, address them and reinforce the changes. It appears that he has done just that. The offensive side was a problem and he addressed it in a big way. Our offensive coaches have a different perspective than Diaz. Diaz would be smart to take them in to help develop the team. These coaches know the type of players they like that have served them well. All of the coaches on that side also have as much or more coaching experience than he does so there is that as well. Through in a experienced and quality QB and there is leadership on that side of the ball for sure. Now, our best player happens to reside on the defensive side of the ball in Rousseau. If Rousseau is up to it, he can be the type of leader we haven’t had here in a while. The type of leader who can truly lead by example (due to his high level of play). Manny has to get Rousseau to step up and help him create or reestablish the winning culture we need.

There are only a handful of coaches that have the clout the Meyers had. He built his clout over time by coaching winning football. He also had key coaches and players help him develop and nurture his winning system. The key for Manny is to learn from his mistakes, address them and reinforce the changes. It appears that he has done just that. The offensive side was a problem and he addressed it in a big way. Our offensive coaches have a different perspective than Diaz. Diaz would be smart to take them in to help develop the team. These coaches know the type of players they like that have served them well. All of the coaches on that side also have as much or more coaching experience than he does so there is that as well. Through in a experienced and quality QB and there is leadership on that side of the ball for sure. Now, our best player happens to reside on the defensive side of the ball in Rousseau. If Rousseau is up to it, he can be the type of leader we haven’t had here in a while. The type of leader who can truly lead by example (due to his high level of play). Manny has to get Rousseau to step up and help him create or reestablish the winning culture we need.

Bro its not just an urban thing. In most locker rooms that stunt Mark pope was pulling would have gotten his nose broken. I think this problem was worse than anybody including blake james thought. For example these same things were said last year. Enos has motion, richt is old blah blah blah. Im not crowning anything until i see it on the field.

Advertisement

If our locker room was that awful, then the wrestling mat to begin our practice w/ the music is even more stupid. If our locker room was that bad, then showing up to a charity on a yacht is even more irresponsible. If our locker room was this bad, then coining us THE NEW MIAMI is foolish.

Nobody respects that cleat wearing dork. He lives vicariously through his players because he wants to be one of them so bad that he does the type of crap that you alluded to, to include additional dumb sht. He thinks all of this makes him look cool. He has nothing else to offer other than attempting to be cool.

If he had an ounce of a clue he would throw it all out the window and get back to the basics. Problem is, he doesn’t know what that should be.

Last edited:
I'm not saying he's wrong, but Diaz has been at Miami for 4 years as a DC/HC. If it's a fixable problem, why isn't it fixed?

Ive been saying this forever.. how do you expect someone who was around at the start of this 'issue' to magically have the answer years later?

Manny is the son of a politician. I'm sure he learned a thing or two. No way could the issue be that all our coaches underqualified!

Advertisement

He was right about 1 thing. It was a new Miami losing to FIU, Duke, and La Tech in conservative games to end the season.

This is a joke manny included. Before u can even player develop, there is a stench that needs to be cleaned out of UM football. Probably from the top down. I just listened to footballville interview with lawrence cager he basically said he just went to miami because he couldnt go to alabama gave no real reason. If u add lingard and jarren we had a team of players wishing they were somwhere else. There is no magic scheme that will fix this, no drill will fix this, no recuiting edits will fix this. Money might fix it. We have players in the lockkeroom that dont care abt being there. Thomas brown called it cancer, Jadon Hasselwood called it just happy to be here. I call it p*ssy. Call urban myer he can get it fixed. I had a cousin and a buddy of mine that played for urban. Cousin played in the NFL and my buddy transferred out. They both told me there was no in between with Urban. Either you did it his way or he made you want to quit football. Look at the kid from st thomas. He quit ohio state after like 3 weeks lmao. Urban has a degree in psychology and would mess with the players from moving their sh*t out the dorms to changing what they could eat pregame. Once they were having a meal and urban fed some of the steaks, seafood etc and the other players like beanie weanies. He would win a title here in 4 years max. Compare that to what manny is doing. You go on radio after the fact. Those should have been quitting mid season if that was the case.
Butch Davis would be a decent HC here. He also might be the only man we can afford when we fire Manny after this season. He does have a record of having the respect of his players. Something we haven't seen since he left.

Before all you Anti-Butchers go crazy, I am not suggesting he's the best man for the job. Just that if we want a coach the players will run through a wall for, he's that guy.

Manny’s biggest problem is he came under nice guy Richt (notorious mister nice guy) and started three freshman LB’s and numerous other young kids well before they were ready. It seemed to empower them in the exact opposite way it did those young kids back during Butch‘s days. Manny’s guys seemed to plateau for whatever reason where as Butch’s continued to grow with experience. In the past 4 or 5 years I’ve never seen so many players fizzle out after looking promising early in there career at Miami. I’ve come to the conclusion some coaches just have it and some don’t. I pray Manny turns this around, but I have my doubts.

Advertisement
Manny’s biggest problem is he came under nice guy Richt (notorious mister nice guy) and started three freshman LB’s and numerous other young kids well before they were ready. It seemed to empower them in the exact opposite way it did those young kids back during Butch‘s days. Manny’s guys seemed to plateau for whatever reason where as Butch’s continued to grow with experience. In the past 4 or 5 years I’ve never seen so many players fizzle out after looking promising early in there career at Miami. I’ve come to the conclusion some coaches just have it and some don’t. I pray Manny turns this around, but I have my doubts.
Maybe it’s the kids. Mike jack corn elder Chad Thomas Trent Harris etc all improved under him

Advertisement
After the 2021 season I expect Manny will not be the head coach here. The guy is all about the gimmicks. Just STFU an win some football games.

I'm sorry bro.

The only thing I'm hopeful of is Lashlee. But again, as I said after the hire, this means Manny no longer have any excuses. Every single component on this team is or has been under his watch; that's his defensive staff, the defensive players on the field, the new QB that just transferred in, his new offensive staff....EVERYTHING is on Manny now. So if we struggle, he has no more excuses.....no more locker room cancers, no more stiff OC, nothing. We'll see the real this season.....oh wait.........................................................................................................................................

COVID is still an excuse, isn't it?

I'm sorry bro.

The only thing I'm hopeful of is Lashlee. But again, as I said after the hire, this means Manny no longer have any excuses. Every single component on this team is or has been under his watch; that's his defensive staff, the defensive players on the field, the new QB that just transferred in, his new offensive staff....EVERYTHING is on Manny now. So if we struggle, he has no more excuses.....no more locker room cancers, no more stiff OC, nothing. We'll see the real this season.....oh wait.........................................................................................................................................

COVID is still an excuse, isn't it?
The COVID cloud makes poor Al Golden's cloud look like one of those rainbow clouds from Care Bears.

Advertisement
Back