Manny Diaz on WQAM today

Advertisement
1- The good offensive coaches in the ACC figured out Manny's scheme, even ones with less talent than Miami which is most.

2- Manny obviously isn't good at motivating. Even the guys he brought in (Smith, Garvin, Bandy, etc) have left early/transferred.

3- Quarterman especially looked stiff as a board, so some of this is on S&C development.

4- With the amount of blown coverages and lack of gap sound football- I'm thinking some FB IQ development isn't happening either.

5- I think the D coaches are deploying well most of the time (especially compared to Enos and D'Onofrio), but at times some of those slow *** blitzes from Pinckney and some of the DB's left 1on1 sure didn't help. 4th and 17 is all we have to look to.

Which ACC coaches have figured out his defense?

His defense for all its faults has kept us in every single game in the ACC

Folks I don't know if Manny is the answer or not, but as mentioned earlier, this program has been on downward slope for quite a while: Starting with Coker (rookie), Shannon (introverted rookie), Golden ( potential, stubborn, walked right into a investigation) Richt ( who probably was burned out). We had a corrupt NCAA trying its best to bury the U, for what, an incident with Shapiro that amounted to a few thousand bucks, that broke down to a few hundred bucks per player if that. Good grief, that is chump change in the SEC. That investigation went on forever, and to this day we still can't fill a complete 85 scholarship team. That this University Brand still has importance in college football is amazing, that ten game winning streak we had, had the college nation excited. The Brand of player we are getting is different than the dedicated ball busters we had before, but again you expect serious players to come here with the ongoing investigations, with unknown punishments looming. Folks we got what we could get, and the players were as stable, as the environment surrounding the program. What we need is stability, at least Manny is addressing the issues, and I think he is learning from his mistakes. There must be something to Manny, we just got a hot shot O.C. to come here, a proven W.R. coach that has coach 1st round talent, a O.L. coach that seems to have a good reputation, and is recruiting his butt off. I don't think these gentlemen would come if they didn't see something good here, that would enhance their careers.

Someone with an IQ of 20 can formulate that Manuela is a *******. When he took over the program he was saying we could win now if we just updated the offense & then directly contradicted himself by hiring an even bigger ******* who doesn’t understand water makes paper wet & ran a offense from the 80s. The snakeoil salesmen will have to repeatedly catch lighting in a bottle with an OC to save his skin. Yet stupid asś fans like you clamor that he needs more time to fix the culture that he’s been apart of for half a decade & takes zero responsibility for contributing to nor not being able to change. Sure the culture sucked hairy balls when he got here, but it hasn’t improved a lick under him! Keep his wang in your mouth doe B! Manny going to have another dissapponting year then all our cultureless Juniors going go turn pro & the cycle continues.

Wait, he hired one of the best young minds in college football to save his skin?

That's your latest take? It can't possibly be he made a bad first hire, evaluated his staff like a HC should, then went out and made massive changes to greatly improve all aspects of our offense. No way that's even a possibility right?

Let me ask you, what were the Top 4 complaints last year? Don't want to tax your brain so I'll answer for you.

QB play
Offensive play calling and design
O-line play and development
WR route running and growth

Please let me know which one of those areas were not addressed and upgraded, in a huge way, this offseason.

I know you're very busy making idiot **** jokes to think this through, but put down the Schlitz Light for a second and try to focus.

If you cant then again, go away doofus.

Advertisement
Which ACC coaches have figured out his defense?

His defense for all its faults has kept us in every single game in the ACC

Clemson dogged his defense pretty good
VT has dogged his defense pretty good
UNC’s rookie QB dogged his defense pretty good
Louisville dogged his defense pretty good
Boston College dogged his defense pretty good

The defense is not terrible, but when we play a team that either has a QB or a running game, we’re in trouble. Fortunately, our division is **** poor, although UNC really got me nervous.

Advertisement

The defense is not terrible, but when we play a team that either has a QB or a running game, we’re in trouble. Fortunately, our division is **** poor, although UNC really got me nervous.
UVA set passing records with the immortal Kurt Bankert on him a couple years ago too.

This dude over here blaming kids he was a part of recruiting, u cant say that **** if u were at the place the previous 3-4 seasons. LOL this dude is str8 retarded man

Preach bro; it’ll be different if he inherited the kids, but my guy.......ummmmmmmm, u recruited and coached these kids. Lol. So ****, u still at fault.

We are **** poor. The **** poor teams I’m assuming you are referencing are Georgia tech and duke? Buddy we lost to both. And both sucked. Somehow we beat Virginia and Pitt who I thought were decent. Probably an anomaly

Advertisement
Preach bro; it’ll be different if he inherited the kids, but my guy.......ummmmmmmm, u recruited and coached these kids. Lol. So ****, u still at fault.
u know what amazes me, the soft media in sfla. Up here in the tri state they would of said u recruited those kids, they would be with their microphone throwing hay makers at him.

UVA set passing records with the immortal Kurt Bankert on him a couple years ago too.
Yo u were one of the first ones to call out his defense right when he got hired.........I believed u cause u dont BS. I saw year one he got gashed but our defense was so bad any improvement and UM fans will anoint him because we saw bad for so long we didnt know what good looked like (the average fan that just watches UM games)

His defense although improved in honesty it isnt all that what people make it out to be, its highly exaggerated

Advertisement
Just bring Mario to me already. I’m done. ***** it. At least we know he can recruit and the kids play hard for him. And he’s put together quite a defense. He also can pick a staff better than manure

u know what amazes me, the soft media in sfla. Up here in the tri state they would of said u recruited those kids, they would be with their microphone throwing hay makers at him.

I literally cringe at the media in So Fla. I’m talking about soft ball, under hand tossed questions.

Like if I’m Joe Z, and u’re scheduled to come my show, I’m grilling you. I’m asking how did you go 0-3 after bye weeks, something that’s not happened before here? I’m asking can you walk me through your recruiting and evaluation process so we can better understand how guys you’ve personally recruited not performed? I’m asking is there a reason why players seem disinterested after about 2 quarters? I’m asking how are you looking to improve in recruiting if you’ve maintained status quo on staff?

If u gotta problem, so tf what.

Yo u were one of the first ones to call out his defense right when he got hired.........I believed u cause u dont BS. I saw year one he got gashed but our defense was so bad any improvement and UM fans will anoint him because we saw bad for so long we didnt know what good looked like (the average fan that just watches UM games)

His defense although improved in honesty it isnt all that what people make it out to be, its highly exaggerated

And I feel like an idiot trying to be a homer to convince @The Franchise he was being too hard on Manny, and started to try highlight his success w lesser talent at MSU. Smh. He did call it out; gotta give him props for that.

Same will happen with Lashlee. We were so god awful on offense last year that if he improves it in any way we will crown the guy and give him a raise. Manure is window dressing with respect to his defense. Lots of sacks and turnovers and havoc when in reality it’s not truly elite. Also remember our competition. The Notre dame performance was good tho cause they had a running game and we shut it down. However they could not pass. LSU Clemson bama osu shove it down our throats for sure.

Advertisement
Back