Manny’s coach speak non-sense

Advertisement
Accountability definitely does fall on Diaz, however, when he has a DC that is also supposed to hold his defensive players accountable, Diaz himself has to hold his DC accountable. **** rolls downhill, and the decision he made is bull**** because we are now wasting money on his ***.

Not to mention that it is not a very good look for Manny in the eyes of the rest of his staff, IMO.
If they fired baker they’d still have to pay him tho. So if he didn’t feel there was a upgrade available, instead of having that money on the books for this szn and 2022 along with another DC under contract ..I guess manny decided to double down on himself

as for the coach speak, Dont much give af what he says. We all know what the results were. And he’s betting on himself. So there’s absolutely no scapegoating going on. It’s all him.

You guys would really lose it if you heard Coach Os coach speak after this year..I could only imagine

Advertisement
He had Flagg in as a true freshman with virtually no practice time in the Clemson game.

How much earlier would have been fast enough for you?
Thats the funny part. Why those claims must be ignored. Young guys got run this szn. Even in the bowl game pope and Wiggins got pulled multiple times

“When we don’t play defense to the standard of what we expect at Miami, it isn’t so much about the play calling,” Diaz said. “It is just about accountability and accountability goes to me in order for us to play great defense at UM. By putting myself in that role, what we are able to do as a staff is put the accountability on the players.”

What does any of this even mean?

He gets worse by the minute. I don’t know why he can’t just say we underperformed and that players and coaches have to be better.

We’ve had so many things go our way, I truly hope 2021 is a sink or swim year. I couldn’t stand to fast forward 12 months and listen to him dance around how he screwed up yet another opportunity

Because Manny is Al Golden. He’s basically talking about cheeseburgers at this point

Advertisement
It means if it is 4th and 17 and you call a soft zone set up 30 yards down field and the QB throws at 17 yards and they get the 1st down. It is not the coached fault, the players are not playing Miami defense.

Holy god help us all

star wars goat GIF

The first big play of the UNC game we lined up with 1 single high safety ( Bubba Holden ) UNC ran 2 go routes freezing Bubba Holden in the middle while Ivey was torched for a long completion. That's play calling all day, Dumb *** call...
Yeah, and because of it, they didn't tackle all game.

Not trying to be difficult, but if we tackle like we did the week before, we get away with more boneheaded play calls due to ****** coaching.
When you don't tackle at all, its pretty easy to see that bad play calling really wasn't the end all be all.

Advertisement
This guy let a corpse put 62 on him & wants to talk about accountability while paying his DC to essentially just be his friend. Baker can’t croot, develop or call plays, but he still has a 6 figure salary. I really question if he ever had the locker room, its like highschool with a substitute teacher trying to be the players friends. Dude is a squid

1611009638346.gif

You are talking about a couple of plays. I'm talking about the larger issue of 600 yards rushing
I'm talking about a couple of plays that don't happen at the high school level. I'm also talking about (especially UNC) games where fundamental tackling was lost on the defense.

If these coaches can't motivate the players for big games to do the basics, play calling really is an after thought. Nothing like a killer scheme and play call where the players don't tackle. UNC wasn't all that creative in the 2nd half....they just basically did the same thing with zero resistance.

Advertisement
Where’s Huff??? Where’s TAC??

LBs with speed and instincts in high school all of a sudden go lost... why? Can’t learn the play book BS

Get the best most athletic dudes on the field and keep it simple and play fast.

I’ll say it again since your so dense... what’s the point of being exotic with players who can’t play instead of playing simple with players who are athletic and can make a play.
Being exotic you mean blitz from the outside all the time.

after that quote he said something along the lines of now the players don’t have a place to hide. So incompetent Baker, whose nobody stuck up for publicly, was shielding players poor efforts or performance? Didn’t make sense to me. Did he smoke a bowl before he called Joe? Reminds me of the bum on on In Living Color rambling on w words that don’t even have any context in the sentence. Lol

Advertisement
Back