Manny’s coach speak non-sense

He's verbalizing to the media what he understands internally, and what @DMoney has articulated - he's accountable for the defense and if it doesn't perform his job will be in peril. The how or why of it doesn't matter - it's sink or swim for him and his defense this year.

^ when you color those words in mumbo jumbo coachspeak they aren't as quotable and digestible for media members like Barry Jackson to stir up ****storms. Manny is a calculated speaker.
He didn't throw Stroud, Baker or Rumph under the bus, and instead said essentially "I am taking over, so now it's on me and no one else."

This board blows anymore. I am about to follow @brock and just lurk.

Advertisement
Who exactly is slurping here?

What I see is people getting bent like teenage girls about coachspeak.

This is literally a teenage gossip girl thread.

You’ve got the gaytor who only shows up when things are bad to fan the flames of cane hate, and the usual list of miserable fūcks who like to wallow in pitiful misery.

Manny made his bed, now he has to sleep in it.

Barring some miraculous result this year (which I guarantee you will make some people in this thread VERY unhappy), he painted a big bullseye on his back and should be in the unemployment line by this time next year.

Exactly what else needs to be said? It’s all on him.

Who actually gives a fūck about coach speak?
Please allow me to torment my friend @Go Canes!! in peace.

Coach speak is coach speak, you’re never really gonna get what you’re looking for from that.

The only issue I have is our lame media never asks him a tough question at all, so of course he’s gonna throw a bunch non-sequitur drivel out there when asked soft ball questions.

At the end of the day, Manny knows he has no choice because he’s made the decision that his Defense is a staple of the identity of the team, rather than relinquish control & hire an outside DC he’s doubled down on himself as DC because he refuses to fire his boy, so if the Defense fails this year there will be no one else to blame but him.

Which means if we suck on Defense this year, he needs to be fired, which probably won’t happen because Flake Lames is a CVS store manager masquerading as an AD.
Right Liberty, well said. But don’t discount a CVS manager, at least they wouldn’t pull that out of their **** in the store team meeting.

Sounds like mealy mouth coach speak to me. Manny is responsible for the more than just the defense... To admit he now has to babysit the D to the detriment of his HC obligations is not a good sign, period. There is no sugar-coating this horsesh&t.

His combination of coach and political speak has become rote at this point.

Every time I think Diaz is going to take a big stride forward, he stumbles, if not falls on his face. As noted by others on this board, it seems like it was easier for him to fix an offensive staff by firing dudes he didn't have personal connections with than it is to make adjustments to a defense filled with 'his guys.' Historic offensive ineptitude deserved bold, decisive action. Historic defensive ineptitude? Tinkering.

That sort of cognitive bias doomed some of his predecessors, and in a way, it's amazing to me that he put his head in that same noose. If the defense struggles again next year and causes the team to drop games, he'll have a ton of people calling for his head.

Gutsy? Yep. Stupid? Guess we'll find out.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Coach diaz is tethering on the moron department, that **** better wake TF up!

"joaquin said DOMINATE, AND WE NOT DOING IT"!

Hopefully we can find another opponent other than Bama in the transfer portal to open 2021
🤦🏽
The frustration is that there is so much right, but so much wrong!!!! Bothers when I hear Ed is there, what’s going on? They can have God there, if Manny ain’t listening…what good is it

— Joaquin Gonzalez (@Joaquin_UMOL73)

More Joaquin:
So we hire a fired DB coach from the 101st ranked defense last year? I’m pumped! We should just hire AJ Machado the jeweler to be our new DC!
5:00 PM

Can’t wait to see the unveiling of the “3 and out” bracelet, the “get off the field on 3rd down” earrings, and the “force them to punt” tiara!
It’s gonna be epic, can’t wait for next year!!

— Joaquin Gonzalez (@Joaquin_UMOL73)

TRUE CANE **** for the TRUE CANES!

Belichick is the worst after a lose. “We failed in all phases. Coaches need to coach better. Players need to play better. The whole thing really. Next question.” He thins follows up with, “I just answered that question. Anything else guys.”

Advertisement
His quotes don’t bother me anymore. I wasn’t bringing it up as a realization, or anything new, but just wanted to highlight the ridiculous communication he spews

best case scenario defense is awesome, and we win a lot of games.

second best scenario, Manny’s defense ****s the bed and he gets fired

worst case scenario, similar results to 2020, Manny isn’t held accountable, we are fed more Manny-isms and it’s same crap different day with the program and Administration

Advertisement
He isn't wrong completely. The UNC game wasn't so much about "play-calling" as it was HIS inability (with his apprentice/intern DC) to motivate his players to even want to show up and execute the fundamental basics, like...oh, I don't know, tackling.

The 2-3 LINING UP offsides by our defense in the first drive of the Clemson game (As hard of task to teach your DL as putting on your pads) wasn't a play calling issue either.

The player’s didn’t no snow with an Orange Bowl birth at stake. We were completely outschemed by a guy who INTIMATELY knows the potential for disastrous failure inherent to the Diaz defense.

They invited the line upfield, pulled multiple lineman and had those hogs running at the linebackers full seed. There was NO HOPE from the first snap because of the GAME PLAN. Tackling wasn’t the problem. They were hitting the secondary UNTOUCHED play after play. Teams that completely gave up have performed better.

That was a complete system collapse and all the rah rah bullshyt or pride in the world wasn’t going to stop a record setting travesty.

Now I am not saying Diaz had us ready to play. He absolutely did not. But that game was a failure of the structural integrity of the defense itself. Not Diaz’s speech making ability. The players knew the plan would fail going in. They were right. Even if they payed harder, it wouldn’t have mattered.

Advertisement
Back