Manny’s coach speak non-sense

Cane6

GreenTree All-Star
“When we don’t play defense to the standard of what we expect at Miami, it isn’t so much about the play calling,” Diaz said. “It is just about accountability and accountability goes to me in order for us to play great defense at UM. By putting myself in that role, what we are able to do as a staff is put the accountability on the players.”

What does any of this even mean?

He gets worse by the minute. I don’t know why he can’t just say we underperformed and that players and coaches have to be better.

We’ve had so many things go our way, I truly hope 2021 is a sink or swim year. I couldn’t stand to fast forward 12 months and listen to him dance around how he screwed up yet another opportunity

Advertisement
“When we don’t play defense to the standard of what we expect at Miami, it isn’t so much about the play calling,” Diaz said. “It is just about accountability and accountability goes to me in order for us to play great defense at UM. By putting myself in that role, what we are able to do as a staff is put the accountability on the players.”

He gets worse by the minute. I don’t know why he can’t just say we underperformed and that players and coaches have to be better.

We’ve had so many things go our way, I truly hope 2021 is a sink or swim year. I couldn’t stand to fast forward 12 months and listen to him dance around how he screwed up yet another opportunity
If it takes Diaz coaching the defense again to hold the players accountable, then why does Baker still have a job?

coach speak is just excuses for the failure and the “we'll coach them up” In a nutshell

accountability would have been sitting McCloud and Jennings *** down earlier in the season and getting other guys reps

if the defense got to complicated... then you need to dial it back and get the best players on the field

because whatever exotic plays McCloud and Jennings knew didn’t matter for shizz when they take so many false steps and flat out got abused in coverage

start there manny

"When we don’t play defense to the standard of what we expect at Miami, it isn’t so much about the play calling,” Diaz said. “It is just about accountability and accountability goes to me in order for us to play great defense at UM. By putting myself in that role, what we are able to do as a staff is put the accountability on the players.”

1610994713750.png

Sounds like the players were blaming Baker's playcalling.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I took it as "it doesn't matter what call you make when you haven't prepared the kids to succeed (fundamentals, accountability, to a lesser extent the scheme)" so Diaz is taking the wheel and hopefully getting us back on track. I was definitely disappointed in not having a new DC come in fresh.

Advertisement

It’s a really crazy comment. By his logic he should be calling offensive plays, too. Why can Lashlee get accountability but Baker can’t? Maybe that’s a big dumb lie? It’s about he failed at it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back