Manny’s coach speak non-sense

Advertisement
Advertisement
Coach speak is coach speak, you’re never really gonna get what you’re looking for from that.

The only issue I have is our lame media never asks him a tough question at all, so of course he’s gonna throw a bunch non-sequitur drivel out there when asked soft ball questions.

At the end of the day, Manny knows he has no choice because he’s made the decision that his Defense is a staple of the identity of the team, rather than relinquish control & hire an outside DC he’s doubled down on himself as DC because he refuses to fire his boy, so if the Defense fails this year there will be no one else to blame but him.

Which means if we suck on Defense this year, he needs to be fired, which probably won’t happen because Flake Lames is a CVS store manager masquerading as an AD.

“When we don’t play defense to the standard of what we expect at Miami, it isn’t so much about the play calling,” Diaz said. “It is just about accountability and accountability goes to me in order for us to play great defense at UM. By putting myself in that role, what we are able to do as a staff is put the accountability on the players.”

What does any of this even mean?

He gets worse by the minute. I don’t know why he can’t just say we underperformed and that players and coaches have to be better.

We’ve had so many things go our way, I truly hope 2021 is a sink or swim year. I couldn’t stand to fast forward 12 months and listen to him dance around how he screwed up yet another opportunity
He isn't wrong completely. The UNC game wasn't so much about "play-calling" as it was HIS inability (with his apprentice/intern DC) to motivate his players to even want to show up and execute the fundamental basics, like...oh, I don't know, tackling.

The 2-3 LINING UP offsides by our defense in the first drive of the Clemson game (As hard of task to teach your DL as putting on your pads) wasn't a play calling issue either.

He isn't wrong completely. The UNC game wasn't so much about "play-calling" as it was HIS inability (with his apprentice/intern DC) to motivate his players to even want to show up and execute the fundamental basics, like...oh, I don't know, tackling.

The 2-3 LINING UP offsides by our defense in the first drive of the Clemson game (As hard of task to teach your DL as putting on your pads) wasn't a play calling issue either.
Play calling played a huge part in that as well

Advertisement

Don’t matter what plays you call, who you hire or changing any scheme. As long as Manny Diaz is the HC we will continue to do stupid **** like that.

Advertisement
He just admitted Baker was sleep walking all year. As far as coach speak goes manny seems to be one of the more honest politic, I mean HC out there.

You just can’t take it at face value, there’s no way you people dumb enough to do that tho, you couldn’t be.

“When we don’t play defense to the standard of what we expect at Miami, it isn’t so much about the play calling,” Diaz said. “It is just about accountability and accountability goes to me in order for us to play great defense at UM. By putting myself in that role, what we are able to do as a staff is put the accountability on the players.”

He gets worse by the minute. I don’t know why he can’t just say we underperformed and that players and coaches have to be better.

We’ve had so many things go our way, I truly hope 2021 is a sink or swim year. I couldn’t stand to fast forward 12 months and listen to him dance around how he screwed up yet another opportunity
Accountability definitely does fall on Diaz, however, when he has a DC that is also supposed to hold his defensive players accountable, Diaz himself has to hold his DC accountable. **** rolls downhill, and the decision he made is bull**** because we are now wasting money on his ***.

Not to mention that it is not a very good look for Manny in the eyes of the rest of his staff, IMO.

Some of you guys get your panties in a bunch at Manny‘s coach speak. They all do it. Some better than others. Rarely do we ever hear a HC throw players or coaches under the bus.
They may all do it, but nobody spits incoherent & lispy gibberish as one Manuel Alberto Diaz The 2nd...nobody.

Advertisement
I don't know why people value what a coach has to say or try and rationalize what they say. It's called coachspeak for a reason and few coaches keep it real. It's the same thing most politicians do or even people in business when they are questioned. Do all of yourselves a favor and don't get invested in what they say. It's ultimately meaningless.

He gets worse by the minute...
1610999436191.gif

It's political talk. He's buying more years with his nonsense.

Advertisement
Back