Malik Rosier

Everyone hates Rosier because of some dopey narrative that got legs on here about him barely winning the backup job last year. WTF does that have to do with anything even if it's true. Two years ago with no playing experience, in a ****** offense, with a ****** coach against a good team on the road, he played a pretty **** good game. He threw a couple absolute dimes in that game under duress.

Maybe the dude's just a gamer. He was pretty good two years ago in a road game, and he should be better two years later with better coaches. I don't see why we should be turning this team over to a true freshmans automatically just because fans don't think Rosier is a **** candidate.

He could be our version of DJ Shockley. Similar size. Similar skillset. Shockley had 1 season as a starter and led UGA to an SEC Championship. Rosier doesn't have to be a world beater, but he brings veteran experience and could be a steady athletic QB for us.

I'd hate to waste the crazy potential of our defense with a freshmans QB throwing picks and giving games away.

It is interesting to watch these throws and then read on here how there is no shot he can play. The video leaves out some of the throws he made while getting smacked in the mouth. Rosier threw a perfect corner route from the endzone while getting drilled that Waters caught. It was in the first quarter. It looked like he was gonna be out for a significant amount of time. He missed one play and came back in.

[video=youtube;NfFWdkU9cVw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfFWdkU9cVw[/video]

Last edited:
Advertisement
Rosier's struggles last Spring are irrelevant. He was less than 3 months into a new HC and new system, and he was probably asked to change his footwork and throwing motion. I'd worry much more about Richt's comment he tried to play the hero too much, as well as his ability to find the lanes with his height disadvantage (and Searels being able to coach and position the linemen to help give him those lanes). Rosier doesn't have to carry the team on his shoulders, he just needs to avoid giving the game away, and ideally use his feet when needed to get that 3rd-down conversion. If he marshals the team this Spring , he's going to have a great shot at starting.

Everyone hates Rosier because of some dopey narrative that got legs on here about him barely winning the backup job last year. WTF does that have to do with anything even if it's true. Two years ago with no playing experience, in a ****** offense, with a ****** coach against a good team on the road, he played a pretty **** good game. He threw a couple absolute dimes in that game under duress.

Maybe the dude's just a gamer. He was pretty good two years ago in a road game, and he should be better two years later with better coaches. I don't see why we should be turning this team over to a true freshmans automatically just because fans don't think Rosier is a **** candidate.

He could be our version of DJ Shockley. Similar size. Similar skillset. Shockley had 1 season as a starter and led UGA to an SEC Championship. Rosier doesn't have to be a world beater, but he brings veteran experience and could be a steady athletic QB for us.

I'd hate to waste the crazy potential of our defense with a freshmans QB throwing picks and giving games away.

It is interesting to watch these throws and then read on here how there is no shot he can play. The video leaves out some of the throws he made while getting smacked in the mouth. Rosier threw a perfect corner route from the endzone while getting drilled that Waters caught. It was in the first quarter. It looked like he was gonna be out for a significant amount of time. He missed one play and came back in.

LOL - look above - but he can't be the starter throwing dimes in a real college game. For sure.

Does anybody remember about that 80 yard run he made for a touchdown this past year in mop up time. It was called back, but this fūcker can run also.

Last edited:

Agree with every word of this

He struggled to win the backup job.

This. He barely beat a walk-on for the backup job last year.

Do you really believe Testaverde was a threat to win the back-up job?

I don't. I think it was always Malik in the number 2 spot. And I doubt it was close.

I'd guess they gave Allison a shot to get in the mix. But he was too small and immature to really take advantage of the situation, IMO.

While I think it's impossible to handicap which way Rick is already leaning regarding the job this year, it's probably also a mistake to think because he didn't fawn over anyone aside from Kaaya last year that that equals Rosier barely won the backup job or even that Allison wasn't progressing. Kinda seems like he may have been going the tough love route with the entire group under Kaaya anticipating that he'd have a competition for the job this year.

If that makes you feel better.

I'm not looking to feel better as I don't have any personal preferences yet and I'm cautiously optimistic about the entire group. Just sayin' that it didn't behoove Rick to publicly slurp ANY of the backups last year when he probably assumed there was a good chance that Kaaya was gone this year.

Advertisement

I remember that throw to Waters, and he flat got busted in the mouth. It was an absolute dime. He dropped a couple other perfect throws in too. I gotta think he'll be even better two years later with better coaches and a better team around him. This is a veteran dude who actually has done it in a game on the road against a team that was supposed to beat us.

I don't put much stock in these practice reports because they don't take into consideration live conditions for the QB. Some QBs react better than other to getting hit or to facing a live pass rush. Rosier impressed the **** out of me with his reaction in a live game situation getting hit.

Kaaya was supposed to be the second coming of Jesus Christ after reading last year's practice reports. He clearly thrived wearing a non-contact jersey.

I'd certainly hate to waste what should be a really ferocious defense with a freshmans QB who will absolutely make crucial mistakes throughout the season. This isn't a "get experience and play for next year" type of team. We should win the Coastal this year and make a big run at winning the ACC Championship.

You don't think it's possible for Rosier to throw picks?

Looked decent against Duke in their house in 2015.

He stepped up when needed.

20/29 272yds 2TD/1int

He'll be the only QB competing that has started and won a college game.

I wouldn't be counting him out

One game is too small of a sample and I am not buying it. I predict he doesn't start a single game.

Last edited:

I remember that throw to Waters, and he flat got busted in the mouth. It was an absolute dime. He dropped a couple other perfect throws in too. I gotta think he'll be even better two years later with better coaches and a better team around him. This is a veteran dude who actually has done it in a game on the road against a team that was supposed to beat us.

I don't put much stock in these practice reports because they don't take into consideration live conditions for the QB. Some QBs react better than other to getting hit or to facing a live pass rush. Rosier impressed the **** out of me with his reaction in a live game situation getting hit.

Kaaya was supposed to be the second coming of Jesus Christ after reading last year's practice reports. He clearly thrived wearing a non-contact jersey.

I'd certainly hate to waste what should be a really ferocious defense with a freshmans QB who will absolutely make crucial mistakes throughout the season. This isn't a "get experience and play for next year" type of team. We should win the Coastal this year and make a big run at winning the ACC Championship.

All valid points but if the competition comes down to Rosier vs Allison the criticisms of Rick around here will be splendid. Especially from the guys already entrenched in the Perry camp. I'm personally boycotting the season unless David Thompson is named the starter immediately following the first scrimmage.

Advertisement

This malik pretty much outright won this game at the end, except the referees went to town on us on that last defensive drive, Burns and Corn were flagged on 2 textbook PBU's..

Huh? You're better than that wise *** ****.

Of course, Rosier will throw picks. Every QB does. He should be better at running the full offense and commanding the team than a guy who was at the prom a month ago. It's a pretty simple concept that has held up over a hundred years. Sometimes, a less talented veteran QB gives you a better chance to win football games than a more talented true freshmans QB.

However, true freshmans QBs traditionally struggle at this level of football. And you can almost never run a diverse or full playbook with a true freshmans QB. Even Peyton Manning struggled as a true freshmans.

All valid points but if the competition comes down to Rosier vs Allison the criticisms of Rick around here will be splendid. Especially from the guys already entrenched in the Perry camp. I'm personally boycotting the season unless David Thompson is named the starter immediately following the first scrimmage.

I feel sorry for Rosier even if he gets the starting gig because the first time he throws a bad pass or a pick the retarded fans will be screaming for Perry. It's going to be a very tough situation unless Rosier comes out the first two or three games and absolutely lights the world on fire. He might almost be better off being a Don Strock type relief pitcher.

Advertisement
Rosier will be the QB to start the season providing he's healthy.

The backup spot wasn't close last year. The usual spin master of fall and spring practice was working his magic by inferring that it was.

If rosier or any of theses qbs were good somebody would have heard about it. You hear how people and coaches have talked up homer but nothing on these qbs.

Rosier will be the QB to start the season providing he's healthy.

The backup spot wasn't close last year. The usual spin master of fall and spring practice was working his magic by inferring that it was.

Was no spinning.

Advertisement
If rosier or any of theses qbs were good somebody would have heard about it. You hear how people and coaches have talked up homer but nothing on these qbs.

Like people were talking up Kaaya before the start of last season based off practice?

Huh? You're better than that wise *** ****.

Of course, Rosier will throw picks. Every QB does. He should be better at running the full offense and commanding the team than a guy who was at the prom a month ago. It's a pretty simple concept that has held up over a hundred years. Sometimes, a less talented veteran QB gives you a better chance to win football games than a more talented true freshmans QB.

However, true freshmans QBs traditionally struggle at this level of football. And you can almost never run a diverse or full playbook with a true freshmans QB. Even Peyton Manning struggled as a true freshmans.
Wasn't being a wise ***, you're basing your argument around his experience to say he could basically be a game manager that wouldn't cost us games as opposed to the younger guys who could be more mistake prone being brand new to the offense.

I asked you that because it seems as though it hadn't been factored in that the same mistakes the young QB's could make, could also be made by Rosier as well.

You want him to be the starter that's fine, I don't have a problem with that, I don't agree with it but no need to start a war over it.

I don't think Rosier gives us the best chance to win big games this season, but I don't hate him.

I also remember a few weeks ago a lot of y'all were campaigning for Weldon to be the guy too, but I guess he's no longer the flavor of the week.

Advertisement
Back