Malik Rosier

Not surprised, Malik is a great athlete. Always been a strong kid and he works his *** off. Any of these young kids are going to have to fight that starting spot away from him.

I could see Richt working his magic & coaching him up to be efficient in our offense. He has the arm, frame & athleticism to run the RPO. We don't need the QB position to win games next season, just not lose them.

Advertisement
Looked decent against Duke in their house in 2015.

He stepped up when needed.

20/29 272yds 2TD/1int

He'll be the only QB competing that has started and won a college game.

I wouldn't be counting him out

I love Malik and he's a Cane through and through

But we're in some serious doodoo if he's our starting quarterback next year

Advertisement
Not surprised, Malik is a great athlete. Always been a strong kid and he works his *** off. Any of these young kids are going to have to fight that starting spot away from him.

I could see Richt working his magic & coaching him up to be efficient in our offense. He has the arm, frame & athleticism to run the RPO. We don't need the QB position to win games next season, just not lose them.

We need the qb. The o-line isnt good enough to just run the ball and play defense.

Can't say as I agree entirely there. You always need your QB to win you games, sometimes he's the only one who can, especially in the RPO because 80% of success and failure will be between the QBs ears. I do agree that Malik is being overlooked.

Went back and watched his game against Duke he showed some real flashes obviously struggled at points but definitely made some big plays and showed great anticipation and accuracy he has a real shot

Advertisement

Why? Based on what? His performance at Duke?

He struggled to win the backup job.

It's also not a very good sign if neither of Allison, Weldon, or Perry take charge of the position.

Like I said, I love Malik, but those 3 absolutely have more talent/potential. Malik just is what he is (probably overachieving honestly; he played well vs Duke).

Someone has to take control.

Wait wait wait..........puts down the Hennessey carefully placed under my desk. The school RECORD or just for the QB' S?

Tweet said school and was set by Felder.

Still an impressive feat either way but of ALL the guys who have come to this U Malik Rosier has the best power clean EVER FOREVER EVA!!! FOREVER EVA!?!?!

Best out of the qbs. Stephen morris had the record at 308.

That record board is 100% separated by position groups. I believe freakin' Sileo's name is still up there in something.

Advertisement

This. He barely beat a walk-on for the backup job last year.

Do his struggles to win the backup job in a system that Kaaya struggled in until about week 9 mean more than what he did on the road against 6-1 Duke? There isn't enough evidence one way or the other.

I bet Jim can just imagine the sweet sound of a bunt being laid down by this kid

How do you know this narrative is accurate?

Rosier and Brad were the only QBs to take meaningful snaps last season. And that includes the bowl game. I get not wanting to burn Allison's red-shirt in a bowl game that was already decided, but why didn't Shirreffs or Testaverde get back-up action if the back-up job was so contested?

The idea of Rosier being in a tight battle for the back-up spot sounds more like CMR trying to push buttons, IMO.

And, though I could be mistaken, I'm pretty sure Rosier is the ONLY QB CMR would talk negatively about in interviews. That sounds like a coach trying to motivate a player to get to the next level or to get him gone. The kid isn't gone, yet ...

Advertisement

This. He barely beat a walk-on for the backup job last year.

Do you really believe Testaverde was a threat to win the back-up job?

I don't. I think it was always Malik in the number 2 spot. And I doubt it was close.

I'd guess they gave Allison a shot to get in the mix. But he was too small and immature to really take advantage of the situation, IMO.

Advertisement
Back