Malik Rosier

I love Malik and he's a Cane through and through

But we're in some serious doodoo if he's our starting quarterback next year

Why? Based on what? His performance at Duke?

He struggled to win the backup job.

This. He barely beat a walk-on for the backup job last year.

Do you really believe Testaverde was a threat to win the back-up job?

I don't. I think it was always Malik in the number 2 spot. And I doubt it was close.

I'd guess they gave Allison a shot to get in the mix. But he was too small and immature to really take advantage of the situation, IMO.

While I think it's impossible to handicap which way Rick is already leaning regarding the job this year, it's probably also a mistake to think because he didn't fawn over anyone aside from Kaaya last year that that equals Rosier barely won the backup job or even that Allison wasn't progressing. Kinda seems like he may have been going the tough love route with the entire group under Kaaya anticipating that he'd have a competition for the job this year.

Advertisement
I expect us to have the top defense in the ACC. (that will be our best offense). Every unit on offense (besides QB & maybe TE) will be deeper and improved. Even with a new QB, I think our offense should be be more efficient, especially the RPO part. Bard was a huge liability in that regard.

I think we will be good enough where we can win games by playing great defense & efficient offense.

The idea of Rosier being in a tight battle for the back-up spot sounds more like CMR trying to push buttons, IMO.

The only people who regurgitate that nonsense are those who have a negative agenda against Rosier.

The only critique I've heard from Richt about Rosier, is He was trying to do too much...so I'll take His, and only His, word.

At the same time, I wouldn't put too much stock into weight room #s , particularly at QB. Remember when Golden gassed people up thinking Whipple was gonna be the starter based off of weight room #s ?...LOL

I love Malik and he's a Cane through and through

But we're in some serious doodoo if he's our starting quarterback next year

Do his struggles to win the backup job in a system that Kaaya struggled in until about week 9 mean more than what he did on the road against 6-1 Duke? There isn't enough evidence one way or the other.

Yes. Duke had one of the worst pass defenses in cfb that year.

Advertisement
The idea of Rosier being in a tight battle for the back-up spot sounds more like CMR trying to push buttons, IMO.

The only people who regurgitate that nonsense are those who have a negative agenda against Rosier.

The only critique I've heard from Richt about Rosier, is He was trying to do too much...so I'll take His, and only His, word.

Nobody who has seen rosier in practice believes he is the guy.

I wont be disappointment in Rosier winning the job. Some think if this happens that our other QBs are not good which to me is not true. Yes I know. the Duke game was almost 2 seasons ago but imo you just cant erase that real game experience. Now if he doesn't start, then hey, we know he can come off the bench at least and manage the O.

I expect us to have the top defense in the ACC. (that will be our best offense). Every unit on offense (besides QB & maybe TE) will be deeper and improved. Even with a new QB, I think our offense should be be more efficient, especially the RPO part. Bard was a huge liability in that regard.

I think we will be good enough where we can win games by playing great defense & efficient offense.

You confident in the o-line?

Do you really believe Testaverde was a threat to win the back-up job?

I don't. I think it was always Malik in the number 2 spot. And I doubt it was close.

I'd guess they gave Allison a shot to get in the mix. But he was too small and immature to really take advantage of the situation, IMO.

While I think it's impossible to handicap which way Rick is already leaning regarding the job this year, it's probably also a mistake to think because he didn't fawn over anyone aside from Kaaya last year that that equals Rosier barely won the backup job or even that Allison wasn't progressing. Kinda seems like he may have been going the tough love route with the entire group under Kaaya anticipating that he'd have a competition for the job this year.

If that makes you feel better.

Advertisement
Dam, Rosier snatch that **** lol.... Good stuff for a QB. Rosier is going to have to beat these dudes by a mile, cause if all things are equal coming out of spring, any coach will go with the young hand and coach him up. Part of me is rooting for Rosier, cause I like a good underdog, and he can run. Just need to fix his mechanics. Either way, we'll be fine at QB one way or another.

Do his struggles to win the backup job in a system that Kaaya struggled in until about week 9 mean more than what he did on the road against 6-1 Duke? There isn't enough evidence one way or the other.

No QB threw for more yards at Duke than Rosier that year. So as bad they were he was the best stat wise in their building. This all happened the same week the coach was fired and the starter suffered a concussion. That's a tough situation and he played well. As far as his struggles the same people who watched practice who say Rosier isn't the guy told us Kaaya was gonna put up special numbers this year. They all put too little stock in what it means to actually have the fear of getting hit in the mouth and what it does to a QB.

He could just be a bad practice player. I read a rumor the coaches asked Shirreffs to burn his redshirt because Rosier was so bad in the week leading up to the Duke game and Shirreffs said no.

Last edited:
You confident in the o-line?

I'm confident it will be much improved from last season (health, depth, strength, experience).

Still probably our weakest unit overall but RPO system helps negate some of the weaknesses.

Perry is waaaaaay too raw to start next season.

It'll be Allison, then Rosier, Weldon and then Perry

Perry will have a shot to win at after a RS year.

Advertisement

No QB threw for more yards at Duke than Rosier that year. So as bad they were he was the best stat wise in their building. This all happened the same week the coach was fired and the starter suffered a concussion. That's a tough situation and he played well. As far as his struggles the same people who watched practice who say Rosier isn't the guy told us Kaaya was gonna put up special numbers this year. They all put too little stock in what it means to actually have the fear of getting hit in the mouth and what it does to a QB.

He could just be a bad practice player. I read a rumor the coaches asked Shirreffs to burn his redshirt because Rosier was so bad in the week leading up to the game and Shirreffs said no.

Who did they play at home? Nobody.

Advertisement
I wont be disappointment in Rosier winning the job. Some think if this happens that our other QBs are not good which to me is not true.

I agree...Richt ain't takin' no Ls for a fan favorite, or some kid who shows potential on His HS tape. Richt's history says He'll start the upperclassman if He gives the team the best chance to win.

Everyone hates Rosier because of some dopey narrative that got legs on here about him barely winning the backup job last year. WTF does that have to do with anything even if it's true. Two years ago with no playing experience, in a ****** offense, with a ****** coach against a good team on the road, he played a pretty **** good game. He threw a couple absolute dimes in that game under duress.

Maybe the dude's just a gamer. He was pretty good two years ago in a road game, and he should be better two years later with better coaches. I don't see why we should be turning this team over to a true freshmans automatically just because fans don't think Rosier is a **** candidate.

He could be our version of DJ Shockley. Similar size. Similar skillset. Shockley had 1 season as a starter and led UGA to an SEC Championship. Rosier doesn't have to be a world beater, but he brings veteran experience and could be a steady athletic QB for us.

I'd hate to waste the crazy potential of our defense with a freshmans QB throwing picks and giving games away.

He could just be a bad practice player. I read a rumor the coaches asked Shirreffs to burn his redshirt because Rosier was so bad in the week leading up to the game and Shirreffs said no.

Who did they play at home? Nobody.

Their whole schedule is full of nobodies. The only teams they played that were worth anything according to the rankings in 2015 were UNC and Northwestern. Northwestern at home and UNC on the road. Rosier was 3rd best on Duke's schedule in yards per attempt with 9.4. If Coley doesn't decide to sit on the ball, he throws for well over 300 yards that night.

Its just one game two seasons ago anyway but Richt's comments about him don't make it sound like he can't play:

It would be speculative to say that game made the one-time Hurricanes outfielder overconfident, but at any rate, Richt said “hero ball” is a sport he doesn’t want Rosier playing.

“Malik has a tendency to want to do something heroic,” Richt said. “I keep telling him I don’t need a hero, I need someone to run the system. … Most great plays are just a normal play that they do at an extraordinary time.”

Everyone hates Rosier because of some dopey narrative that got legs on here about him barely winning the backup job last year. WTF does that have to do with anything even if it's true. Two years ago with no playing experience, in a ****** offense, with a ****** coach against a good team on the road, he played a pretty **** good game. He threw a couple absolute dimes in that game under duress.

Maybe the dude's just a gamer. He was pretty good two years ago in a road game, and he should be better two years later with better coaches. I don't see why we should be turning this team over to a true freshmans automatically just because fans don't think Rosier is a **** candidate.

He could be our version of DJ Shockley. Similar size. Similar skillset. Shockley had 1 season as a starter and led UGA to an SEC Championship. Rosier doesn't have to be a world beater, but he brings veteran experience and could be a steady athletic QB for us.

I'd hate to waste the crazy potential of our defense with a freshmans QB throwing picks and giving games away.

Logical thinking, of course.

Yet we have dime store analysts assuring us that if he does end being the QB then it's some kind of colossal failure because of some third hand narratives no one is quite sure about.

I mean people state wild *** guessses pulled straight out of their asses as absolute fact.

I have no idea who will be the QB next season, and I don't totally discount either of the two freshman even winning the job. But I'm not ruling out someone that's been in the system a couple of years and has actually started and won a game either. Rozier could easily be the starter of next season. Or not.

Advertisement
Back