Malik Rosier

Looked decent against Duke in their house in 2015.

He stepped up when needed.

20/29 272yds 2TD/1int

He'll be the only QB competing that has started and won a college game.

I wouldn't be counting him out

One game is too small of a sample and I am not buying it. I predict he doesn't start a single game.

Genius response, especially considering the other QB prospects have exactly zero games at Miami. That's even less of a sample size, so good logic. Good effort. Good try.

Advertisement
The idea of Rosier being in a tight battle for the back-up spot sounds more like CMR trying to push buttons, IMO.

The only people who regurgitate that nonsense are those who have a negative agenda against Rosier.

The only critique I've heard from Richt about Rosier, is He was trying to do too much...so I'll take His, and only His, word.

Nobody who has seen rosier in practice believes he is the guy.

Then why didn't they replace him at the back-up QB spot for the bowl game?

If "Nobody who has seen him practice believe in him", it would have been simple to phase him out after Shirreffs was healthy. And in the moments Rosier played, it could have easily been Shirreffs or Testaverde taking those snaps. But it wasn't ...

If rosier or any of theses qbs were good somebody would have heard about it. You hear how people and coaches have talked up homer but nothing on these qbs.

Dafuq does this even mean?

Why is there no buzz around any of these qbs? Even though homer wasnt getting carries last year you were hearing from the team, coaches, and people who have seen practices about his potential.

There has been talk of haskins potential based off things he has done in practices but nothing on these qbs.

Last edited:
The idea of Rosier being in a tight battle for the back-up spot sounds more like CMR trying to push buttons, IMO.

The only people who regurgitate that nonsense are those who have a negative agenda against Rosier.

The only critique I've heard from Richt about Rosier, is He was trying to do too much...so I'll take His, and only His, word.

Nobody who has seen rosier in practice believes he is the guy.

Then why didn't they replace him at the back-up QB spot for the bowl game?

If "Nobody who has seen him practice believe in him", it would have been simple to phase him out after Shirreffs was healthy. And in the moments Rosier played, it could have easily been Shirreffs or Testaverde taking those snaps. But it wasn't ...

Maybe he is the best of a bad group.

Advertisement
Where I think Rosier will be challenged in this offense, is throwing those lil' slant routes. As much as has been made about Richt & the RPO, Richt seems to like dialing up that lil' Swing/Slant combo with the RB & the WR.

I think it's a 3 man race between Allison, Weldon & Perry, I like Rosier but I don't think we're winning more than 8 games with him as the starter.

We got a lot of offensive fire power, and we're gonna need a really talented QB to navigate through the tough matchups in the ACC.

I disagree with the notion that a True Freshman or a Redshirt Frosh is somehow incapable of playing well, it's been done quite often in College football & has been fairly successful in today's game.

For me, the one who's most accurate & has the best arm talent should win the job...

We'll find out in about two weeks how things are looking in the Spring, then we'll see how it ends up in Fall camp.

20/29 272yds 2TD/1int

One game is too small of a sample and I am not buying it. I predict he doesn't start a single game.

Genius response, especially considering the other QB prospects have exactly zero games at Miami. That's even less of a sample size, so good logic. Good effort. Good try.

Wait a second, your argument is because Rosier played one game, against a ****** Duke team, and had a decent game, we shouldn't be counting him out? Clearly, you are the true genius.

Nice conversation, jackass.

Everyone hates Rosier because of some dopey narrative that got legs on here about him barely winning the backup job last year. WTF does that have to do with anything even if it's true. Two years ago with no playing experience, in a ****** offense, with a ****** coach against a good team on the road, he played a pretty **** good game. He threw a couple absolute dimes in that game under duress.

Maybe the dude's just a gamer. He was pretty good two years ago in a road game, and he should be better two years later with better coaches. I don't see why we should be turning this team over to a true freshmans automatically just because fans don't think Rosier is a **** candidate.

He could be our version of DJ Shockley. Similar size. Similar skillset. Shockley had 1 season as a starter and led UGA to an SEC Championship. Rosier doesn't have to be a world beater, but he brings veteran experience and could be a steady athletic QB for us.

I'd hate to waste the crazy potential of our defense with a freshmans QB throwing picks and giving games away.
You don't think it's possible for Rosier to throw picks?

Huh? You're better than that wise *** ****.

Of course, Rosier will throw picks. Every QB does. He should be better at running the full offense and commanding the team than a guy who was at the prom a month ago. It's a pretty simple concept that has held up over a hundred years. Sometimes, a less talented veteran QB gives you a better chance to win football games than a more talented true freshmans QB.

However, true freshmans QBs traditionally struggle at this level of football. And you can almost never run a diverse or full playbook with a true freshmans QB. Even Peyton Manning struggled as a true freshmans.
Wasn't being a wise ***, you're basing your argument around his experience to say he could basically be a game manager that wouldn't cost us games as opposed to the younger guys who could be more mistake prone being brand new to the offense.

I asked you that because it seems as though it hadn't been factored in that the same mistakes the young QB's could make, could also be made by Rosier as well.

You want him to be the starter that's fine, I don't have a problem with that, I don't agree with it but no need to start a war over it.

I don't think Rosier gives us the best chance to win big games this season, but I don't hate him.

I also remember a few weeks ago a lot of y'all were campaigning for Weldon to be the guy too, but I guess he's no longer the flavor of the week.

No flavor of the week with me. Don't start painting facquity pictures and starting dopey agendas. I want the best QB who gives us the best chance to win RIGHT NOW to start. I don't know who that is, and neither does anyone else on here. Re-read that a few times if you have to.

Having followed college football like a scientist for 75 years, I am hesitant to think a true freshman is better equipped to lead this team to wins than a guy who has been around and taken snaps at this level and had success in an actual ACC road game against a team that was supposed to beat us.

Maybe one of the other guys (Shireffs or Allison) will step up and take the job and run with it. But don't start the goofy (Weldon v. Perry or Everyone v. Rosier) agenda ****. Maybe it'll be one of the true freshmans, but I'm not ready or willing to sacrifice wins this season to build for the future. I just want the best QB who will give us the best chance to win games THIS YEAR.

Advertisement
Everyone hates Rosier because of some dopey narrative that got legs on here about him barely winning the backup job last year. WTF does that have to do with anything even if it's true. Two years ago with no playing experience, in a ****** offense, with a ****** coach against a good team on the road, he played a pretty **** good game. He threw a couple absolute dimes in that game under duress.

Maybe the dude's just a gamer. He was pretty good two years ago in a road game, and he should be better two years later with better coaches. I don't see why we should be turning this team over to a true freshmans automatically just because fans don't think Rosier is a **** candidate.

He could be our version of DJ Shockley. Similar size. Similar skillset. Shockley had 1 season as a starter and led UGA to an SEC Championship. Rosier doesn't have to be a world beater, but he brings veteran experience and could be a steady athletic QB for us.

I'd hate to waste the crazy potential of our defense with a freshmans QB throwing picks and giving games away.
You don't think it's possible for Rosier to throw picks?

Huh? You're better than that wise *** ****.

Of course, Rosier will throw picks. Every QB does. He should be better at running the full offense and commanding the team than a guy who was at the prom a month ago. It's a pretty simple concept that has held up over a hundred years. Sometimes, a less talented veteran QB gives you a better chance to win football games than a more talented true freshmans QB.

However, true freshmans QBs traditionally struggle at this level of football. And you can almost never run a diverse or full playbook with a true freshmans QB. Even Peyton Manning struggled as a true freshmans.
Wasn't being a wise ***, you're basing your argument around his experience to say he could basically be a game manager that wouldn't cost us games as opposed to the younger guys who could be more mistake prone being brand new to the offense.

I asked you that because it seems as though it hadn't been factored in that the same mistakes the young QB's could make, could also be made by Rosier as well.

You want him to be the starter that's fine, I don't have a problem with that, I don't agree with it but no need to start a war over it.

I don't think Rosier gives us the best chance to win big games this season, but I don't hate him.

I also remember a few weeks ago a lot of y'all were campaigning for Weldon to be the guy too, but I guess he's no longer the flavor of the week.

No flavor of the week with me. Don't start painting facquity pictures and starting dopey agendas. I want the best QB who gives us the best chance to win RIGHT NOW to start. I don't know who that is, and neither does anyone else on here. Re-read that a few times if you have to.

Having followed college football like a scientist for 75 years, I am hesitant to think a true freshman is better equipped to lead this team to wins than a guy who has been around and taken snaps at this level and had success in an actual ACC road game against a team that was supposed to beat us.

Maybe one of the other guys (Shireffs or Allison) will step up and take the job and run with it. But don't start the goofy (Weldon v. Perry or Everyone v. Rosier) agenda ****. Maybe it'll be one of the true freshmans, but I'm not ready or willing to sacrifice wins this season to build for the future. I just want the best QB who will give us the best chance to win games THIS YEAR.
First of all, you got me confused with someone else bruh... What agendas are you talking about?
I've stated only opions on who I think are the best QB's & who gives us the best chance to win, y'all are the ones that be on that bull**** lol

You keep making this argument as if it's a guarantee that Rosier is the QB that gives us the best chance to win game this year, that's no more of a fact than it is for one of the other guys.

I don't think that starting one of the younger guys is sacrificing wins, there's no guarantee that those potential loses wouldn't be the same with Rosier as the QB.

If you go back & check from last year's Fall camp, Rosier didn't play well in any of the scrimmages, and Coach Richt said it was because he wasn't used to the Offense.

Now, that doesn't mean he's terrible or incapable of winning games this year, but the point is, he really only has a one year advantage on the Freshman with this Offense & is basically in the same boat as Allison. Him being a Senior doesn't mean he's ahead of the curve.

20/29 272yds 2TD/1int

Wait a second, your argument is because Rosier played one game, against a ****ty Duke team, and had a decent game, we shouldn't be counting him out? Clearly, you are the true genius.

What exactly is your argument? Practice reports? Allison? Hype for the incoming freshmen? You're predicting he won't start a single game. What is that based on?

20/29 272yds 2TD/1int

Wait a second, your argument is because Rosier played one game, against a ****ty Duke team, and had a decent game, we shouldn't be counting him out? Clearly, you are the true genius.

What exactly is your argument? Practice reports? Allison? Hype for the incoming freshmen? You're predicting he won't start a single game. What is that based on?

What is him starting based on?

Advertisement

20/29 272yds 2TD/1int

I am basing it on the fact that Miami was the only serious school to offer him a Football scholarship. I am basing on the fact that this kid hasn't done anything since joining the team. I am basing it on the opinion that Allison, Perry and Weldon are naturally more talented than him based on the amount of schools that actually recruited them. I am basing it on the reports that he didn't convincingly win the backup spot, last season. Maybe I am wrong, and if he is the best QB on this roster then so be it, but I have my doubts that is the case.

Last edited:

What is him starting based on?

Who said he would start?

There was response to a poster that said he wouldn't count Rosier out of the race. The poster didn't proclaim him the starter. Hurracanes was definitive: "I predict he won't start a single game". What evidence is there to support that thought process other than perception?

I am basing it on the fact that Miami was the only serious school to offer him a Football scholarship. I am basing on the fact that this kid hasn't done anything since joining the team. I am basing it on the opinion that Allison, Perry and Weldon are naturally more talented than him based on the amount of schools that actually recruited them. I am basing on the reports that he didn't convincingly win the backup spot, last season. Maybe I am wrong, and if he is the best QB on this roster then so be it, but I have my doubts that is the case.

What exactly was he supposed to do in his time at Miami? Beat out Kaaya? Other than fill in for a concussed QB and certainly play well enough to win in his first start what was there to accomplish? I've watched Rosier throw a football in an actual game and the throws he made don't make me think that Weldon, Allison and Perry are just far more talented. Maybe it was just one performance in a game where the program needed something good to happen and he showed up. I doubt that though.

Advertisement

I am basing it on the fact that Miami was the only serious school to offer him a Football scholarship. I am basing on the fact that this kid hasn't done anything since joining the team. I am basing it on the opinion that Allison, Perry and Weldon are naturally more talented than him based on the amount of schools that actually recruited them. I am basing it on the reports that he didn't convincingly win the backup spot, last season. Maybe I am wrong, and if he is the best QB on this roster then so be it, but I have my doubts that is the case.
what have Allison Perry and Weldon done for the team ? Did they win a game on the road ? People keep saying he "barely" won the backup job . So that means the other guys that "barely" lost the backup spot to Rosier have a better chance than he does ? How does that make sense. Richt has shown he will play the best players period. I dont think Rosier would have been QB2 if he didnt deserve it

what have Allison Perry and Weldon done for the team ? Did they win a game on the road ? People keep saying he "barely" won the backup job . So that means the other guys that "barely" lost the backup spot to Rosier have a better chance than he does ? How does that make sense. Richt has shown he will play the best players period. I dont think Rosier would have been QB2 if he didnt deserve it

He didnt win the game on the road. They needed a 100 ****** laterals to win. If kaaya played he would have lit up that ****** secondary duke had.

[TWEET]838809939560779780[/TWEET]

I'm guessing Gus has the RB record, Olsen the TE one, and so on

This has been overlooked, but in addition to having a very good ability to make defenders miss, DeeJay Dallas has the size and strength to break tackles. He's going to be a problem for defenses when we run RPOs, and the CB has to make 1v1 tackles in space.

Last edited:

I agree, I think if Rosier makes good decisions this spring he will be the one to beat. That way you have a battle with QBs who know the system next year in Allison, Perry, Weldon and I think Sitkowski is an EE. 2018 QB battle will be a good one to watch. So hopefully we go with the veteran or the person who won't make mistakes when it's crunch time. My bet is on Rosier

Advertisement
Back