Malik Rosier

Advertisement
I don't knowz who will start at QB. Richt locked me out of the bowl practices and isn't letting me in dis Spring either.

58ntyz.gif

I am confident that Malik Rosier could have won every game that Brad Kaaya won during his 3 years at UM.... but being able to actually win meaningful games like FSU and ND hmmmmmm not so confident about that, I would rather just go with one of the freshmen if they have shown enough to earn it.

is the troll level on this site on another level or are retards this ***ing abundant in todays society?

you act as if kayaa actually WON THOSE GAMES VS FSU AND ND

I think its the latter bc u so fckn retarded that u cant understand a simple post lol

Advertisement
Just watched the Duke game over.

Rosier had some nice throws but he was definitely bailed out quite a few times from some very nice catches from Waters and Njoku.

Looked decent against Duke in their house in 2015.

He stepped up when needed.

20/29 272yds 2TD/1int

He'll be the only QB competing that has started and won a college game.

I wouldn't be counting him out

If Richt was smart...and I'm sure he his...he is not thinking about what Rosier did against Duke.....

Advertisement
The names on that list....****. And look at the number O'Donnell and Bosher put up lol.

View attachment 43400

Had to go back to the 95 Roster and find out who D. Harris was! He didn't get any burn, but that's some beastly numbers for a 20 - 21 year old

If that D. Harris is Derrick Harris he actually played quite a bit. Built like a tank.

Caught that 2 point conversion against FSU in 94.

Had a crushing drop in a 14-13 loss the next year at VT.

Not that I would expect these millennials to know anything about pre-2001 Canes football.

I keep hearing about this "struggle to beat a walk on". Some guys just aren't practice players. We seen him in a real game vs a ranked oppenent & he was VERY good. I'll go by that. I'm pulling for Rosier & think he gives us our best shot to win in 2017.

Advertisement
Looked decent against Duke in their house in 2015.

He stepped up when needed.

20/29 272yds 2TD/1int

He'll be the only QB competing that has started and won a college game.

I wouldn't be counting him out

If Richt was smart...and I'm sure he his...he is not thinking about what Rosier did against Duke.....

That's out of left field.

Practices and scrimmages are closed. Us fans have to use the limited information we have on which to base our opinions. In this case, it's Rozier's game play (Duke and in mop up time)

The coaches will use practices and scrimmages in the spring and fall and base their decisions accordingly.

But then why do I even have to write that, it's 1st grade common sense.

Everyone hates Rosier because of some dopey narrative that got legs on here about him barely winning the backup job last year. WTF does that have to do with anything even if it's true. Two years ago with no playing experience, in a ****** offense, with a ****** coach against a good team on the road, he played a pretty **** good game. He threw a couple absolute dimes in that game under duress.

Maybe the dude's just a gamer. He was pretty good two years ago in a road game, and he should be better two years later with better coaches. I don't see why we should be turning this team over to a true freshmans automatically just because fans don't think Rosier is a **** candidate.

He could be our version of DJ Shockley. Similar size. Similar skillset. Shockley had 1 season as a starter and led UGA to an SEC Championship. Rosier doesn't have to be a world beater, but he brings veteran experience and could be a steady athletic QB for us.

I'd hate to waste the crazy potential of our defense with a freshmans QB throwing picks and giving games away.

It is interesting to watch these throws and then read on here how there is no shot he can play. The video leaves out some of the throws he made while getting smacked in the mouth. Rosier threw a perfect corner route from the endzone while getting drilled that Waters caught. It was in the first quarter. It looked like he was gonna be out for a significant amount of time. He missed one play and came back in.

[video=youtube;NfFWdkU9cVw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfFWdkU9cVw[/video]

I remember that throw to Waters, and he flat got busted in the mouth. It was an absolute dime. He dropped a couple other perfect throws in too. I gotta think he'll be even better two years later with better coaches and a better team around him. This is a veteran dude who actually has done it in a game on the road against a team that was supposed to beat us.

I don't put much stock in these practice reports because they don't take into consideration live conditions for the QB. Some QBs react better than other to getting hit or to facing a live pass rush. Rosier impressed the **** out of me with his reaction in a live game situation getting hit.

Kaaya was supposed to be the second coming of Jesus Christ after reading last year's practice reports. He clearly thrived wearing a non-contact jersey.

I'd certainly hate to waste what should be a really ferocious defense with a freshmans QB who will absolutely make crucial mistakes throughout the season. This isn't a "get experience and play for next year" type of team. We should win the Coastal this year and make a big run at winning the ACC Championship.

It's almost like Rosier is the anti-Kaaya. Exact opposite in every way: fast, ultra athletic, no happy feet in pocket, not great in practice but big time in games. I'm on record as being a huge S. Morris fan, and think he would have been a Heisman candidate in Richt's system (call me crazy, but I think if Stevie had been our QB last year we make it to the ACC championship game easily). Rosier reminds me a lot of Morris.

I think it's a 3 man race between Allison, Weldon & Perry, I like Rosier but I don't think we're winning more than 8 games with him as the starter.

We got a lot of offensive fire power, and we're gonna need a really talented QB to navigate through the tough matchups in the ACC.

I disagree with the notion that a True Freshman or a Redshirt Frosh is somehow incapable of playing well, it's been done quite often in College football & has been fairly successful in today's game.

For me, the one who's most accurate & has the best arm talent should win the job...

We'll find out in about two weeks how things are looking in the Spring, then we'll see how it ends up in Fall camp.

Balalalallalalalallalalala la bamba!

Advertisement
I think it's a 3 man race between Allison, Weldon & Perry, I like Rosier but I don't think we're winning more than 8 games with him as the starter.

We got a lot of offensive fire power, and we're gonna need a really talented QB to navigate through the tough matchups in the ACC.

I disagree with the notion that a True Freshman or a Redshirt Frosh is somehow incapable of playing well, it's been done quite often in College football & has been fairly successful in today's game.

For me, the one who's most accurate & has the best arm talent should win the job...

We'll find out in about two weeks how things are looking in the Spring, then we'll see how it ends up in Fall camp.

Balalalallalalalallalalala la bamba!
I already admitted I was wrong back when he was named the starter after fall camp.

I was 100% wrong & will hold my L again, I like my crow sauteed please.

It's almost like Rosier is the anti-Kaaya. Exact opposite in every way: fast, ultra athletic, no happy feet in pocket, not great in practice but big time in games. I'm on record as being a huge S. Morris fan, and think he would have been a Heisman candidate in Richt's system (call me crazy, but I think if Stevie had been our QB last year we make it to the ACC championship game easily). Rosier reminds me a lot of Morris.

Timebomb is a pretty accurate description for this post. Lol @ this thread

Timebomb is a pretty accurate description for this post. Lol @ this thread

Taking my L! To be fair, at the time we were undefeated. Rosier's last second heroics meant his inaccuracy was forgiveable. And I still hold Morris in higher regard than most.

Advertisement
Back