Malik Rosier on why TVD should start vs UNC

If he throws picks to be honest, yikes. You have to really try in order to not score on this defense.

Drew Pyne (ND): 24/34, 289 yds, 3 TD’s 0 INT’s
Chase Bryce (App): 25/36, 361 yds, 6 TD’s 1 INT’s
Jeremy Moussa (FAMU): 28/38, 279 yds, 2 TD’s 1 INT

Even Georgia St and their heavy rushing attack (54 rushing attempts for 235 yards) had their QB throw it a bit

Darren Grainger (GAst) 16/24, 186 yds, 3 TD’s 0 INT’s.

Their defense is atrocious. Atrocious doesn’t even do them justice.

Against FBS schools, they are:

- Dead last in opponent yards per game (547.8)
- 125th in points per game allowed (44.7)
- 118th in opponent yards per play (6.7)
- 120th in opponent completion percentage (69.15%, nice)
- 118th in opponent yards per rush (5.5)
- 128th in opponent rush yards / game (270)
- 97th in sack percentage (4.08%)

I could keep going, but there is no excuse to not score 35+. Coming off a bye week…absolutely no excuses.

I don’t care who the QB is - I lean Garcia If the toxic cliques will actually try when he plays - but there better be points.

I want us to beat UNC, not show that our passing offense is useful. If there's any game where we should absolutely run a Gattis type offense and pace, it's against UNC for sure. Run the ball since its their weakness defensively, and jointly keep their offense off the field as much as possible.

Advertisement
Mario said that no position was safe. 50/50 for 1st team snaps. Split the first two drives. The kid that scores the most points stays in. If no one scores, you base it off of yards gained per play.

A lot of what he says is well thought out. Do you pull Jake if he sucks too?

Gattis is still the OC and the playbook is still the playbook.

I would still start Jake cuz TVD has missed even when Gattis gets out of his own way and we find WRs open
Gattis asked TVD want plays he wanted to run and most of the plays he ran was similar to last year but TVD didn't have time to throw. and when he did he throw bricks and missed guys 10 yards away by a mile on a few occasions and 1 was a walk in touchdown

Advertisement
He says mtsu has a simple defense… the same one who picked off van dyke twice and made him scared to stand in the pocket? Ok… then he says new offense… the one tvd had over 6 months to study and learn… Jake came in and instantly looked better. Moral of the story rosier shouldn’t be a lawyer and sure as **** not a qb coach for Miami quarterbacks ha
Maybe Jake was successful is because MTSU had virtually no film on him in this offense..

Gattis asked TVD want plays he wanted to run and most of the plays he ran was similar to last year but TVD didn't have time to throw. and when he did he throw bricks and missed guys 10 yards away by a mile on a few occasions and 1 was a walk in touchdown
lol you’re bugging if you saying most of the plays are the same or even similar

I'm concerned that Mario is going to stick with TVD who will continue struggle in this offense, and then Garcia will get fed up/frustrated and transfer. That would be the worst case scenario. I don't expect Garcia to be a silver bullet that magically cures what ails this offense, but from what we've seen so far he looks more comfortable in the offense than TVD does. TVD is completely broken.
He won’t transfer. He’s likely to be no. 1 next season.

Advertisement
I don’t necessarily disagree but I’m speaking more on deployment strategy. If you start Jake and he’s just as bad, we can’t go back to TVD unless he gets injured. We would be screwed with both of them.
Sink or swim.

Jake isn't a freshman or something like that. And he has been with Gattis just as long as TVD has.

Small sample size, but Jake looked demonstrably better. Play the better guys is what all us fans want every year. Give me Jake.

Tommy Rees in two weeks took a kid who could not complete a 5 yard pass into 24/34 3TDs by simplifying his offense. Helps when you have Mayer.
But we have Mallory

Steve Harvey Wow GIF by NBC

That whole thread reeks of fear. Are we supposed to wait until TVD throws two straight interceptions again and costs us the game? He obviously has lacked preparation and focus all off season and it shows. There has to be accountability.

Play the better player and **** everything else. Last Saturday, it was Garcia clear as day.

Advertisement
I think a lot and I think it's justified. He has admitted that the round robin with Kosi and lack of certainty over who would start on any given day was very detrimental to his growth. You can argue that it can affect people differently but that was his expereince.

Not sure if he's a good teacher or not but many teachers have been crappy players in the past.
It’s why I think Malik is full of ****

You can’t say the round Robin with Kosi hurt his growth while also saying that he got complacent because he wasn’t worried about his job

Sounds like an excuse making machine to me

Imho, as terrible as TVD has been, he'll probably get the nod. BUT, he'll be on an extremely short leash. Any TO, and he's heading to the bench. Also, if the O looks bad at half, a change will also be made. He needs to be given a chance to rebound, but not at the expense of the whole team.

Advertisement
You start TVD if you are more concerned with optical bull**** than you are with beating North Carolina.
Just so that we are all clear here, and I am talking about all posters here, you start Garcia, that means you have already thrown the TVD Era out the window here.

It’s over!!!!! Ya’ll are ready to do that 4 games into the Mario era? Into TVD’s redshirt Sophomore season?

That’s what you all want? No second opportunity. Just done????

TVD has made his mistakes but he deserves an opportunity get it right and the coaches need to do their job to put him in a position to succeed.

Lol. Jimbo benched his QB after app st loss and they 2-0 since then vs P5 so I mean..............
He benched a young QB with no previous experience for a proven vet (even though he’s not very good) with SEC experience and a pretty good TD to INT ratio who doesn’t turn the ball over very much.

Just so that we are all clear here, and I am talking about all posters here, you start Garcia, that means you have already thrown the TVD Era out the window here.

It’s over!!!!! Ya’ll are ready to do that 4 games into the Mario era? Into TVD’s redshirt Sophomore season?

That’s what you all want? No second opportunity. Just done????

TVD has made his mistakes but he deserves an opportunity get it right and the coaches need to do their job to put him in a position to succeed.
Yes, it’s over. Bench him and move on. If you think things are going to get better in conference play you’re fooling yourselves and asking for more punishment.

Yes, it’s over. Bench him and move on. If you think things are going to get better in conference play you’re fooling yourselves and asking for more punishment.
Okay, that’s your opinion and will respect it. Last year must’ve been a mirage then.

@nystateofmind - CaneMutiny on record for
Vince Carter Basketball GIF by NBA

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back