Malik Curtis in spring

Yeah, who’s willing to put in the extra work?
EPIC , post this separates champions.

To go to a hot field no one around just you training till you can barely walk home then returning later in the day to do it all over again.

Just the quietness and hearing your heart beating putting your hand in the dirt sprinting training.

This is where you win RINGS , this is when in the fourth quarter teams exhausted and your calling out give me the rock I’ll close this out 🙌.

The life of champions is LONELY because no one can or wants to do what they do there scared of the road less traveled a very lonely road TILL

Your standing on the stage holding your hands in the air CHAMPION .

Then you leave and the next day 5:00 AM your body clock goes off telling you this was fleeting time to get back on the lonely road less traveled again to repeat.

GOCANES

Advertisement
Huge opportunity for him. The position is thin and he will get much-needed reps.

Offense is always a fallback plan for Curtis, but I liked the toughness he showed on special teams. It’s been a while since we had this kind of speed and playmaking at corner.

SW Fl kid, I like him. Chris Graves is from there and last year's Freshman QB, 6'3" Carter Smith will be highly sought after for FB and baseball too. The services sometimes aren't as generous with stars on this coast as they are for athletes from Miami, Ft Lauderdale or Palm Beach. Those county's athletes benefit like the handicappers giving the 3-points for homefield. Plus, the rating services, like recruiters sometimes get lazy; they can watch two teams with maybe 6-8 guys they see as blue-chippers; here its spread-out, maybe 2-4, so its an economy of scale to put eyes on talent.

Last edited:
Was hoping he'd get a look at WR. We're going to have **** near a dozen CBs on the team:

Ivey SR
Blades JR
Couch JR
Stevenson JR
Clark SO
Dunson SO
Porter SO
Curtis SO
Rodgers FR
Harris FR
Graves FR

Was hoping he'd get a look at WR. We're going to have **** near a dozen CBs on the team:

Ivey SR
Blades JR
Couch JR
Stevenson JR
Clark SO
Dunson SO
Porter SO
Curtis SO
Rodgers FR
Harris FR
Graves FR
I think, with certain exceptions, your best athletes should play CB over WR.

College football has a surplus of WR these days, as we are seeing in the NFL Draft. CBs are more rare and valuable. Plus, WR is much more about craft than athleticism. A guy like Curtis who is faster than he is skilled should try CB every time.

If it doesn't work, WR is waiting for him.

Ivey SR
Blades JR
Couch JR
Stevenson JR
Clark SO
Dunson SO
Porter SO
Curtis SO
Rodgers FR
Harris FR
Graves FR
Yeeeeaahh..but its definitely not quality over quantity here. Alot of guys on that list desperately need to show up this Spring for the sake of their UM career.

Advertisement
I don't know if some people are focusing on CB due to our lack of depth, but I'd love to see this kid get a chance to bring back some K-dub memories on offense...

1646927112281.png

SW Fl kid, I like him. Chris Graves is from there and last year's Freshman QB, 6'3" Carter Smith will be highly sought after for FB and baseball too. The services sometimes aren't as generous with stars on this coast as they are for athletes from Miami, Ft Lauderdale or Palm Beach. Those county's athletes benefit like the handicappers giving the 3-points for homefield. Plus, the rating services, like recruiters sometimes get lazy; they can watch two teams with maybe 6-8 guys they see as blue-chippers; here its spread-out, maybe 2-4, so its an economy of scale to put eyes on talent.
From my hometown...

Advertisement

Ivey SR
Blades JR
Couch JR
Stevenson JR
Clark SO
Dunson SO
Porter SO
Curtis SO
Rodgers FR
Harris FR
Graves FR
Well now we can say the cupboard is full.

I think, with certain exceptions, your best athletes should play CB over WR.

College football has a surplus of WR these days, as we are seeing in the NFL Draft. CBs are more rare and valuable. Plus, WR is much more about craft than athleticism. A guy like Curtis who is faster than he is skilled should try CB every time.

If it doesn't work, WR is waiting for him.

@DMoney @Brooklyndee

If we don't end up landing a speedy WR transfer, is it time now to move Curtis to offense and use him like Fisch and Coley used Phillip Dorsett?

I know Malik has a super fast 100 time. But what about his short speed? I see he supposedly clocked a 4.48 in high school in the 40. Is he faster now? How about that shuttle? Kid was electric as a return man, so I have to assume he's got some burs1t. Is that showing up on the field?

I just don't see him having an impact at CB, especially with the 2022 kids coming in. Do we reverse Sam Shields him and put the ball in his hands?

Advertisement
Advertisement
@DMoney @Brooklyndee

If we don't end up landing a speedy WR transfer, is it time now to move Curtis to offense and use him like Fisch and Coley used Phillip Dorsett?

I know Malik has a super fast 100 time. But what about his short speed? I see he supposedly clocked a 4.48 in high school in the 40. Is he faster now? How about that shuttle? Kid was electric as a return man, so I have to assume he's got some burs1t. Is that showing up on the field?

I just don't see him having an impact at CB, especially with the 2022 kids coming in. Do we reverse Sam Shields him and put the ball in his hands?
I can see that long term. Wouldn't surprise me honestly as without question the best athletes are cbs vast majority of the time. Cbs also require a dedicated mindset to be good at the position. Wr is almost robotic at this point. Most coordinators and qbs get deep in they feelings if you change your route at all. It's literally mapped out for you. Only requirement is some speed and decent hands. The rest you can figure out.

Advertisement
Back