Malik Curtis in spring

Advertisement
Saw Jahvontae Dean is also on the roster from Miami. Also see Mathew Thomas and James Wilder from FSU and Matt Elam from Florida are on the team...

Advertisement
Edmonton is colder than **** frozen over. Football must hurt more there. Those boys are warriors.
One of my best friends lives in Calgary and I’ve gone to many Stampeder vs Eskimos games , so I can confirm it gets cold as fck there. Warrior is a great word choice for those guys playing in those conditions getting paid what they are getting paid.

Advertisement
Much more twitch & straight line speed at this stage than Philip. I see Roscoe as the comp. Hopefully he's better than Devin at corner but that's about my expectations. He could challenge X in the slot with committment & offensive reps this spring
Just my opinion. Go Canes!
Nah Man....he's nowhere near PBuch....

Advertisement
@DMoney @Brooklyndee

If we don't end up landing a speedy WR transfer, is it time now to move Curtis to offense and use him like Fisch and Coley used Phillip Dorsett?

I know Malik has a super fast 100 time. But what about his short speed? I see he supposedly clocked a 4.48 in high school in the 40. Is he faster now? How about that shuttle? Kid was electric as a return man, so I have to assume he's got some burs1t. Is that showing up on the field?

I just don't see him having an impact at CB, especially with the 2022 kids coming in. Do we reverse Sam Shields him and put the ball in his hands?

Obviously not all fast guys are built the same. Some guys are fast but just don't have those instincts/mindset to be a good WR. Gotta give them a shot, though, especially if he's athletically gifted. When Malik was recruited, I recalled him being a burner but when I looked up his track times, I noticed they weren't as fast as I remembered - 10.8 kid. Sure, fast, but not a blazer. JMO.

I think people forget how fast Phillip Buchanon was....He ran a 4.31 at the NFL Combine (tied for fastest that yr) and ran a personal best 10.5 100m at UM....he was one of the fastest Canes on the 2001 team...

This! Malik doesn't touch PBuch, just from the same area. PBuch was also electric with the ball in his hands in HS - Malik hasn't shown that.

I think people forget how fast Phillip Buchanon was....He ran a 4.31 at the NFL Combine (tied for fastest that yr) and ran a personal best 10.5 100m at UM....he was one of the fastest Canes on the 2001 team...
This board is nuts. How Phil Buchanan is even mentioned in the same thread as a guy who might never play a meaningful snap here is beyond me.

Advertisement
Everyone clamoring for Curtis to be a Wr, but his best tape in high school is returning kicks and punts. That is where he needs to be given run.

I personally don't think he is a better WR than Brinson, Smith, or George. He does have straight line speed. I'm still more intrigued by his long term development at CB. He was always going to be a 2-3 year developmental CB, but he has tools.

Malik gets 0-100 faster than any of our receivers. He could be used in situations, like jet sweep, deep threat, reverses and WR screens. Exciting offense great for recruiting WR.

If Malik is on the offensive side of the ball, Gattis will know how to use him in his offense. He’s shown and proven to maximize the talent available to him.

Malik gets 0-100 faster than any of our receivers. He could be used in situations, like jet sweep, deep threat, reverses and WR screens. Exciting offense great for recruiting WR.

That was my question. I honestly don’t know how fast Malik is. And I accept he’s not an elite WR overall. But if he can be a gunner at WR to blow the top off, that’s enough to force DCs to change their schemes. Forces safeties to respect the deep ball. Even if situational, it could be super helpful.

So again, does anyone know how fast this kid really is? Not a 100 meter, a 20-40 meter?

Advertisement
Back