Making the pieces fit on DL

Advertisement
Can you provide a room In past 15 years that was more deep? Because Goldens entire tenure is a wash and Manny/Richt’s rooms were very top heavy with limited depth. In my eyes the only rooms that have a shot are the Shannon era rooms.

I know he was a freshman but Jackson didn’t start for Maryland last year… he is not a penciled in starter yet, let’s temper the expectations
No need to temper the expectations. If he’s healthy he starts game one. He’s the best player on the team at his position. There’s a reason Ruiz paid so much money to get him to Coral Gables and fly his mom in on his new 767.

Advertisement
Does not matter who starts on the DL.

I have heard all spring that there is going to be a major rotation of guys so if that is truly the case it does not really matter who starts.

No need to temper the expectations. If he’s healthy he starts game one. He’s the best player on the team at his position. There’s a reason Ruiz paid so much money to get him to Coral Gables and fly his mom in on his new 767.
Better than the former 2021 #3 overall player in the country Leonard Taylor who had 9 tackles for loss as a true freshman himself in limited snaps? People keep forgetting that. Yeah some of you need to temper the expectations

Advertisement
I keep hearing words like versatile which I guess sounds good? but are all these new dudes established dogs? All the transfers are starters?

Yet maybe only one (?) of them showed they couldn't be taken off the field. I dont think any of them were playing behind first round all conference players either.

LT has somehow gone from being that dog with the most potential to being a second stringer?

Trying to get on the hype train with the rest of ya but something seems off. I am not sure if someone passed out some orange and green acid while I was away or if this hype is all legit.

Now can we do this to LB?

I don’t think it’s realistic that we will be carrying 17 guys on the DL.

Top Dogs - Mesidor, Agude, Harvey, Taylor, Jackson, Lichtenstein

Need to Step Up - JHH (if he stays), Roberts, Williams, Miller, Moultrie, Haye

Upside but still developing- Moss, Davis, Ismael, Kelly, Moten

Keys to the season:
Taylor and Jackson form a strong duo in the middle - both against the run and Taylor still making splash plays. There’s a lot of depth, but I feel these are the two with the highest ceiling.

Harvey, Agude, Mesidor, Williams are able to get pressure off the edge. Mesidor also brings flexibility to rush from the inside on passing downs. I’m intrigued by Davis getting some snaps on passing downs based on his get off and dip. Don’t think he’ll get too many, but brings something different.

Elijah Roberts missing most of sprint sucked because he also has the frame to be able to move around as a SDE/3T.

Competition in fall will be interesting. Also it will make our OL that much better.

Advertisement
Better than the former 2021 #3 overall player in the country Leonard Taylor who had 9 tackles for loss as a true freshman himself in limited snaps? People keep forgetting that. Yeah some of you need to temper the expectations

They're going to complement each other, both will benefit big time from the improved roster. ... And while Taylor had an impressive season last year for a true freshman, he was unreliable at the point of attack. I wouldn't crown him yet. Jackson was playing and ultimately starting as a true freshman, too, and his stats are equally impressive given his role at Maryland.

They both have a lot to prove as second years. We can't afford a sophomore slump.

Advertisement
I don’t think it’s realistic that we will be carrying 17 guys on the DL.

Top Dogs - Mesidor, Agude, Harvey, Taylor, Jackson, Lichtenstein

Need to Step Up - JHH (if he stays), Roberts, Williams, Miller, Moultrie, Haye

Upside but still developing- Moss, Davis, Ismael, Kelly, Moten

Keys to the season:
Taylor and Jackson form a strong duo in the middle - both against the run and Taylor still making splash plays. There’s a lot of depth, but I feel these are the two with the highest ceiling.

Harvey, Agude, Mesidor, Williams are able to get pressure off the edge. Mesidor also brings flexibility to rush from the inside on passing downs. I’m intrigued by Davis getting some snaps on passing downs based on his get off and dip. Don’t think he’ll get too many, but brings something different.

Elijah Roberts missing most of sprint sucked because he also has the frame to be able to move around as a SDE/3T.

Competition in fall will be interesting. Also it will make our OL that much better.

I agree. The deadline to put your name in the portal is this Sunday May 1st. We're definitely over the 85 man limit. Just wondering when were going to see the exodus of current players further down the depth chart enter.

Advertisement
Back