Making the pieces fit on DL

Whoever told you Kevin Steele was going to base in an even front also sold you some stock in Nevin Shapiro's new business venture.
He's a mint front guy. Typically, Steele uses dudes like below:

4i/3 Tackle (270-285 range)
0/1 Nose (300+)
4i/5 End/Tackle (260-280)
Buck ("Jack" LB over the H/TE, can be replaced by an extra edge)
Star (nickel hybrid, can be replaced by an extra Edge guy)
FS Field Safety (Range)
BS Bdry Safety (C2 and will work into the box)
FC Field CB (1/3 guy)
BC Bdry CB (more of a C2 guy)

I was just watching these 2 players and I remember thinking I can't really tell if they are running a 4-3 or 3-4. Especially Texas A&M.

It's funny Shemar Stewart said he didn't want to play defensive tackle but in A&M defense that's exactly what he will be doing. Notice most of the time both these guys are lined up right over the tight end or tackle not really outside of them.

Advertisement

I was just watching these 2 players and I remember thinking I can't really tell if they are running a 4-3 or 3-4. Especially Texas A&M.

It's funny Shemar Stewart said he didn't want to play defensive tackle but in A&M defense that's exactly what he will be doing. Notice most of the time both these guys are lined up right over the tight end or tackle not really outside of them.

Did Stewart play in their spring game? Where’d he line up? I didn’t watch that closely

I'm just glad we finally have some quality depth along the dline. What Mario has done with this group in such a short period is crazy. None of the additions are stars, but there all bring something to the table and are not just bodies.

Jackson changes the entire room simply by giving a legitimate 1-tech. You are no longer playing your #7 DT at the 1-tech, or undersized guys trying to fill the role.

Getting Jackson cannot be understated if you want to compete against top competition.

Still want to unleash the pass rushers on 3rd and long, but I trust Steele will make it work regardless.

Advertisement

Leal was just drafted by the Steelers in the 3rd Rd I think. I like his game.

Silvera represented the Diaz MO of all fluff and little substance. I was at the game vs FIU at Marlins Park and he was barking pre-game. Watched him closely and he was being stale-mated by 270 lb Cuban kids from Southwest HS.
that night at Marlin Park was an absolute nightmare: you were watching a disaster unfold on sacred grounds

Whoever told you Kevin Steele was going to base in an even front also sold you some stock in Nevin Shapiro's new business venture.
He's a mint front guy. Typically, Steele uses dudes like below:

4i/3 Tackle (270-285 range)
0/1 Nose (300+)
4i/5 End/Tackle (260-280)
Buck ("Jack" LB over the H/TE, can be replaced by an extra edge)
Star (nickel hybrid, can be replaced by an extra Edge guy)
FS Field Safety (Range)
BS Bdry Safety (C2 and will work into the box)
FC Field CB (1/3 guy)
BC Bdry CB (more of a C2 guy)
What do you think our sub packages will look like based on the current roster and what Steele has done? It certainly looks more fun than it did when he was hired.

If we could have a gotten a top on lb in the portal after these dl additions I think Miami could have gone 11-1. I got us 9-3 10-2

Advertisement
If we could have a gotten a top on lb in the portal after these dl additions I think Miami could have gone 11-1. I got us 9-3 10-2
MLB will be okay not good or great. But the pieces around it are dramatically upgraded. I don’t think MLB alone is enough to determine 1-2 game outcomes.

What do you think our sub packages will look like based on the current roster and what Steele has done? It certainly looks more fun than it did when he was hired.
Stoked to see how he gets the 3 safeties out there together. Stevenson sliding inside for run support some. I think Labor Day weekend will look very different from spring

MLB will be okay not good or great. But the pieces around it are dramatically upgraded. I don’t think MLB alone is enough to determine 1-2 game outcomes.
It’s not a mlb so say it’s making the pieces around u work smoothly Csz unless chase smith pulls away in the fall we are gonna be struggle with speed and decision making there which is gonna Csz other guys to try and make up for creating holes in defense

Advertisement
Bout to hit the portal

1670363928781.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back