Major Applewhite

Advertisement
I don’t understand why he was so uptight about the jacket

Coach Applewhite's grandfather died in the Ardennes Forest during WWII man. Apparently, as the story goes, his father had been trapped by the *****, but he managed to chew his way out the bamboo confines they put him in after 2 weeks in captivity. He escaped into the night but temperatures reportedly were unseasonably cold that night, below freezing. After a harrowing 15 hour walk completely nude he sadly expired, the elements took a ferocious grip and his days without proper nourishment and potable water had taken a brutish toll. The sad part of the story is in the night he walked through a small Flemish village and saw a young boy shivering next to a fetid goat pen, it smelled of scat, and he took off his jacket to provide the youngster warmth and respite from the blustery ghoulish winter. That decision, of course, ultimately may have cost Mr. Applewhite his life. Accordingly, Major is very sensitive when he sees guys wearing jackets in temperate climates. Oliver was lucky Major didn't throat-punch him. This will be a good warning for the young South Florida namby-pambies that shrivel up whenever they have to play in weather colder than a Manilla summer.

Coach Applewhite's grandfather died in the Ardennes Forest during WWII man. Apparently, as the story goes, his father had been trapped by the *****, but he managed to chew his way out the bamboo confines they put him in after 2 weeks in captivity. He escaped into the night but temperatures reportedly were unseasonably cold that night, below freezing. After a harrowing 15 hour walk completely nude he sadly expired, the elements took a ferocious grip and his days without proper nourishment and potable water had taken a brutish toll. The sad part of the story is in the night he walked through a small Flemish village and saw a young boy shivering next to a fetid goat pen, it smelled of scat, and he took off his jacket to provide the youngster warmth and respite from the blustery ghoulish winter. That decision, of course, ultimately may have cost Mr. Applewhite his life. Accordingly, Major is very sensitive when he sees guys wearing jackets in temperate climates. Oliver was lucky Major didn't throat-punch him. This will be a good warning for the young South Florida namby-pambies that shrivel up whenever they have to play in weather colder than a Manilla summer.
tenor.gif

Advertisement
Everybody has a problem with something. I wanted Fedora as well, but Houston’s offense when Applewhite was calling plays was leaps and bounds ahead of the chit we were running this year. Applewhite is a fine hire if that’s the guy.

Weren't most of Larry Fedora's years as an OC spent at low-level G5 schools?

Is it more desirable to have a top 20 offense at Southern Miss or a top 40 offense at Texas?

I don't have a horse in this race, I'm really just playing devil's advocate.

Everybody has a problem with something. I wanted Fedora as well, but Houston’s offense when Applewhite was calling plays was leaps and bounds ahead of the chit we were running this year. Applewhite is a fine hire if that’s the guy.
LEAPS AND BOUNDS, imagine what he would do with Miami talent

Advertisement
All of you have fun being lied too. Welcome to the University of Mediocrity

two week old account telling this board "welcome." we've been mediocre for a decade and a half. if we get applewhite and he sucks, it's still an improvement over what we ran this year. if it wasn't for your avatar, you would've been written off a week ago.

two week old account telling this board "welcome." we've been mediocre for a decade and a half. if we get applewhite and he sucks, it's still an improvement over what we ran this year. if it wasn't for your avatar, you would've been written off a week ago.
All great points! Here I will take off the avatar just so you can do that.

Advertisement
3 actually. It's also run by 3 top 10 teams if Texas makes it that high.

I like Herman. But his Texas teams haven't exactly lit it up on offense. In fact, both his Houston and Texas teams were probably more defensive dominated than they were offensive dominated.

I'm not against the offense Houston had when Applewhite called plays. As I said with my initial post, we will score points with it.
But if you're picking the IDEAL Miami offense, you'd:

1. Want more tempo. Tempo favors the team with the talent advantage. The more plays that are run in a game, the most likely the team with the most talent is going to win. This is why teams like Army try to eat up the clock. The less plays run, the greater the chance the team with a talent disadvantage has to win.
Briles' hyper-speed offense is perfect for us. We usually play 1 or 2 teams with a equal talent to us in any given season. So ideally, we should be running an offense that maximizes the number of plays being run in a game.

2. Want more pre-snap motion. Confusing the defense more. Forcing them to reveal their hand. Getting athletes out in space. Constantly threatening jet sweeps. This favors our speed and athleticism.

I'll take the Houston offense under Applewhite as OC. But IDEALLY, I hope he incorporates more of the principles that Briles builds his offense on.

So, Houston's offense put up

48 (QB gets hurt in 2nd quarter and is out for year)

Advertisement
So, Houston's offense put up

48 (QB gets hurt in 2nd quarter and is out for year)

Yes.

That offensive coordinator has put up huge numbers at Baylor, FAU, Houston and has now been hired by FSU.

Again, for the role we are hiring Assh0lewipe in, he has fielded ONE TOP 25 OFFENSE IN 7 TRIES.

what is the style of offense he runs???
Tom Herman Ohio state like offense from 2014. Tom Herman taught him his offense and applewhite took that and called the plays for houston when Herman was there in 2015 and 2016. They were agressive and fun to watch

Tom Herman Ohio state like offense from 2014. Tom Herman taught him his offense and applewhite took that and called the plays for houston when Herman was there in 2015 and 2016. They were agressive and fun to watch

It's also been influenced by Meyer's offense from Florida which won 2 more Natty's.

Advertisement
Back