Major Applewhite

So, Houston's offense put up

48 (QB gets hurt in 2nd quarter and is out for year)

To further that
Applewhite oc numbers at houston when he called plays

714196B4-A816-45DE-9FA9-7DD40C1B6EA2.jpeg

5B12A1DE-9138-4D7F-816B-A42759EFC294.jpeg

Advertisement
Coach Applewhite's grandfather died in the Ardennes Forest during WWII man. Apparently, as the story goes, his father had been trapped by the *****, but he managed to chew his way out the bamboo confines they put him in after 2 weeks in captivity. He escaped into the night but temperatures reportedly were unseasonably cold that night, below freezing. After a harrowing 15 hour walk completely nude he sadly expired, the elements took a ferocious grip and his days without proper nourishment and potable water had taken a brutish toll. The sad part of the story is in the night he walked through a small Flemish village and saw a young boy shivering next to a fetid goat pen, it smelled of scat, and he took off his jacket to provide the youngster warmth and respite from the blustery ghoulish winter. That decision, of course, ultimately may have cost Mr. Applewhite his life. Accordingly, Major is very sensitive when he sees guys wearing jackets in temperate climates. Oliver was lucky Major didn't throat-punch him. This will be a good warning for the young South Florida namby-pambies that shrivel up whenever they have to play in weather colder than a Manilla summer.

Was grand pops a major too?

I think I’m OK with either option, Fedora or Applewhite.

They both bring a lot of good qualities to the table I think Fedora might be a slightly better play caller but Applewhite to me seems like he would have many of the intangibles like relating to players, recruiting, and fitting in with our staff.

But I don’t get the people screaming every three post that’s Applewhite is terrible.

I’d love to give Sark a look but the one I want to stay away from is Coley.

Advertisement
I think I’m OK with either option, Fedora or Applewhite.

They both bring a lot of good qualities to the table I think Fedora might be a slightly better play caller but Applewhite to me seems like he would have many of the intangibles like relating to players, recruiting, and fitting in with our staff.

But I don’t get the people screaming every three post that’s Applewhite is terrible.

I’d love to give Sark a look but the one I want to stay away from is Coley.

Banda can mix Sark's drinks.

Advertisement
I'm Eric's sauce. Dude just parrots my PM's.

I can prove it. Watch, his next tweet will be about serious look at Lamar Thomas for WR coach.

Advertisement
We wanted a young, innovative OC and this guy happens to have HC experience. Oh, not to mention he was Kendal Briles' BOSS, the guy everyone wanted around these parts. Don't see why anyone is objecting

We wanted a young, innovative OC and this guy happens to have HC experience. Oh, not to mention he was Kendal Briles' BOSS, the guy everyone wanted around these parts. Don't see why anyone is objecting

The question is did he borrow from Briles and adapt his own philosophy?

The best offensive minds are always tinkering.

I can’t get a good read on Applewhite.

Advertisement
The question is did he borrow from Briles and adapt his own philosophy?

The best offensive minds are always tinkering.

I can’t get a good read on Applewhite.

not sure how he could have borrowed from briles since briles worked for him last year. if anything, briles had to adapt to applewhite.

Advertisement
Back