Major Applewhite

Advertisement
Advertisement
hqdefault.jpg

Hopefully it is true. Young, can recruit, not washed, has had recent success play calling. Opposite for Fedora really

ALL IN on either Applewhite or Fedora.

Both will run an modern offense with a lot of spread and motion concepts involved and will get our athletes in space. Give me a top 25 D next year and a top 40 offense please.

Advertisement
Barry saying Fedora preferring to be HC but Diaz loves him

What can ya do

MAJOR TIME

I can respect that....but you know if Fedora ends up taking an OC job this whole thing is going to be second guessed and perpetually compared until both men are retired.

Personally, I'd wait. It's more important to get the decision right than rush into anything for the sake of trying to save a recruiting class that at this point likely cannot be saved.

Hoping for the best....but Apples wasn't my first, second, or 10th choice.

Advertisement
There are other ways to look at this: people are calling out Applewhite for losing the UL-Monroe game and not being much more successful than Richt as an OC. The guy was 29 years old in only his third year ever at a non-GA coaching position when at Alabama under Saban of all people. He had moved up too quickly. Then he was co-oc at Texas for a bit while he developed as a playcaller.

Houston in 2015 and 2016 is the best way to actually judge him, IMHO. Total offense rankings were mentioned: 20 and 41 in those years. Scoring offense they were 10th and 26th in those two years which is really good (40.4 and then 35.8 ppg). Plus he had the sense to actually hire Briles as an OC this past year so maybe that will indirectly influence his playcalling.

Otherwise I agree on the stupid behavior with Oliver this past season. He was trying to enforce his authority on the sideline and looked like a total douche over a simple jacket.

Advertisement
This is the Miami program that I have grown to know. I guess Manny's "shot in the arm" meant "a small kick to the nuts."

Advertisement
Back