Major Applewhite

WhatTheHell

"WE CANT DEMAND PERFECTION.”
Banned
Is really just a terrible choice.

Below are the rankings for every offense he’s been a coordinator or co-coordinator for. Unlike Fedora, the guy simply doesn’t produce as an OC. There is no need for further analysis.

Rice- 58th
Alabama - 75th
Texas - 54th
Texas - 40th
Texas - 65th
Houston - 20th
Houston - 41st

What the **** are we supposed to do with this guy?

Pass. Let’s hope Fedora says yes or the second candidate isn’t some overhyped hilljack with a terrible record of producing offenses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
tenor.gif

Advertisement
Fedora #1 target for me at this point.

Side coach that might be intriguing
Look at Josh Gattis co oc/receiver coach at bama and previously penn state who has had both schools receivers playing at an elite level recently and is a great recruiter.

I'll riot if it's either of those to be honest.

Fedora.....or move on and expand the search

It's really an easy call. I'm betting on Diaz simply having reached out to an ex-colleague of his as any coach would do and some ******* at the Hecht wanting Coley and now everyone in the media is running with those names like their on a shortlist. No way Coley or Apple are legit contenders.

Advertisement
Tom Herman coaching tree. Young and hungry. Knows Manny. Did hire Briles and working under Herman you know his playbook is going to be light years ahead of Richt's. I'd be good with him and a co-OC like a Seider or Coley. Former HC and worked under some really good coaches. Not my first pick but definitely in top 3.

Is really just a terrible choice.

Below are the rankings for every offense he’s been a coordinator or co-coordinator for. Unlike Fedora, the guy simply doesn’t produce as an OC. There is no need for further analysis.

Rice- 58th
Alabama - 75th
Texas - 54th
Texas - 40th
Texas - 65th
Houston - 20th
Houston - 41st

What the **** are we supposed to do with this guy?

Pass. Let’s hope Fedora says yes or the second candidate isn’t some overhyped hilljack with a terrible record of producing offenses.

ABR

Sadly with that production we probably have one loss last season

Seriously though we can and should do better

Sean McVay or bust for me. However, I can probably be talked into settling with Sean Payton/Kyle Shanahan/Andy Reid. If I'm having a good day, I'll even take Doug Pederson. Anything less than these names should be viewed as a major failure by this staff and I expect heads to roll. If heads do not roll for this inexcusable failure, fold the **** program once and for all.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Last 4 years at Houston....not so crappy.

2015 20th called plays
2016 41st called plays
2017 40th
2018 7th

Coached under Saban, Mack Brown, Tom Herman, and also had Kendall Briles playbook.

Not a horrible choice but not my #1 by any means.

Last 4 years at Houston....not so crappy.

2015 20th called plays
2016 41st called plays
2017 40th
2018 7th

Coached under Saban, Mack Brown, Tom Herman, and also had Kendall Briles playbook.

Not a horrible choice but not my #1 by any means.
2018 was all Briles.

My UH buddies said we don’t want Applewhite. “Vanilla and predictable playcalling.”

Advertisement
2018 was all Briles.

My UH buddies said we don’t want Applewhite. “Vanilla and predictable playcalling.”

Thus the part about having Briles playbook. The guy has worked with 2 of the best offensive coaches in CFB, has called plays, and has had a top 20 offense when he did call the plays. None of that is chop liver my friend. That's about as good as you can hope for in an OC hire. If we get better than Applewhite we rollin.

ABR

Sadly with that production we probably have one loss last season

Seriously though we can and should do better

True, but you wonder how those offensive rankings change with a better defense that can give you the ball back and give you better field position? Like I have mentioned elsewhere he was considered somewhat of a wunderkind by Saban and Brown who put him in high level positions at a relatively young age. Herman literally plucked him out of a basement having conversations with him over beers to be his OC at Houston. Next thing you know he is an HC and despite the brain fart hiring D'NO, he did bring a young offensive innovator to be his OC in Briles that we would have salivated over as our OC.

Probably brings an extensive play book with spread concepts and tempo. We could do worse.

Advertisement
Back