Major Applewhite

Advertisement
As an oc 8 out of 11 seasons his offenses were ranked top 25 in the country
I'm not even sure what his philosophy on offense has been... A spread? I seem to remember a stable of backs constantly in the backfield

Not my top choice by any stretch but would still be better than Coley. I wonder if Matt Canada is being considered? He would be a great choice.

Advertisement
Did we really need this post. Applewhite ain't going to be our OC . Him as anything else is freaking awesome.

Is really just a terrible choice.

Below are the rankings for every offense he’s been a coordinator or co-coordinator for. Unlike Fedora, the guy simply doesn’t produce as an OC. There is no need for further analysis.

Rice- 58th
Alabama - 75th
Texas - 54th
Texas - 40th
Texas - 65th
Houston - 20th
Houston - 41st

What the **** are we supposed to do with this guy?

Pass. Let’s hope Fedora says yes or the second candidate isn’t some overhyped hilljack with a terrible record of producing offenses.

This guy is ***!

When Applewhite is hired you will hear the slurping... it will go a little something like this... "Atleast hes better than Richt" ***** you guys, if it isnt ELITE it's not Miami!

Advertisement
2018 was all Briles.

My UH buddies said we don’t want Applewhite. “Vanilla and predictable playcalling.”

2018 was also by far the most talented offense he had.

Really they were great in 2017 and 2018 when D'Eriq King was QB. They struggled both years without him

When Applewhite is hired you will hear the slurping... it will go a little something like this... "Atleast hes better than Richt" ***** you guys, if it isnt ELITE it's not Miami!

His offenses at Houston were 20th, 41st, 40th, 7th.

better than Richt?

Thats quite the understatement. We were 104th this year

Advertisement
Starting to warm up to Applewhite as well. It may have been Briles calling plays this year, but remember when Houston had Tom Herman and Ward at QB a few years ago they beat FSU and Oklahoma. Wasn’t he calling plays then?

Advertisement
Starting to warm up to Applewhite as well. It may have been Briles calling plays this year, but remember when Houston had Tom Herman and Ward at QB a few years ago they beat FSU and Oklahoma. Wasn’t he calling plays then?

I can’t believe people are on Briles nuts so hard that they think Applewhite is a bum hire? Lol. They run the same **** playbook which happens to be Tom Herman’s! Wtf offense you think he is bringing here??

I'm not even sure what his philosophy on offense has been... A spread? I seem to remember a stable of backs constantly in the backfield

Usually 3 wide, 1 back, 1 TE

Uptempo

Variety of routes, likes to attack middle of field, big use of TE, deep shots when he has the talent

^^Fedora

So, basically the only time he’s had decent offenses was when he had another offensive savant on staff with him. I don’t care if Applewhite called plays under Herman, Herman was the brains behind that offense.

Advertisement
Back