Major Applewhite

Advertisement
Advertisement
Is really just a terrible choice.

Below are the rankings for every offense he’s been a coordinator or co-coordinator for. Unlike Fedora, the guy simply doesn’t produce as an OC. There is no need for further analysis.

Rice- 58th
Alabama - 75th
Texas - 54th
Texas - 40th
Texas - 65th
Houston - 20th
Houston - 41st

What the **** are we supposed to do with this guy?

Pass. Let’s hope Fedora says yes or the second candidate isn’t some overhyped hilljack with a terrible record of producing offenses.
Not sold on Applewhite! And I hate the name. i saw a video of him in a camp footage and was not impress. I would pass on him just because he reminds me too much of low energy Richt! You can't build savages with that personality! JMO!

Starting to warm up to Applewhite as well. It may have been Briles calling plays this year, but remember when Houston had Tom Herman and Ward at QB a few years ago they beat FSU and Oklahoma. Wasn’t he calling plays then?
Applewhite was calling the plays then under Herman

Somebody answer me this....why did Herman take play calling duties away from Applewhite?

His resume really is all over the place. Is thought of well enough by Saban for him to hire him....then he cans him after only one season

He has two good seasons as OC in 2015 and 2016, then Herman takes over play calling duties.

I'm sorry, but at best he's a risky proposition. Something just feels off with him. It would be a major mistake for Manny to go this route with names like Canada, Harrell, Yost and the dude from Toledo still out there.

Hard pass

Advertisement
Can he exploit the middle of the field? Been over 10 years since I’ve seen this team do that. I’m sick of our OCs thinking the only green in play is outside the hash marks

They put up a lot of points didn’t they? It’s a shame they had a guy who shouldn’t be near a D1 team run the defense.
I think Back then in 2015 and 2016 they had Todd Orlando running the defense who followed Herman to Texas.

Is really just a terrible choice.

Below are the rankings for every offense he’s been a coordinator or co-coordinator for. Unlike Fedora, the guy simply doesn’t produce as an OC. There is no need for further analysis.

Rice- 58th
Alabama - 75th
Texas - 54th
Texas - 40th
Texas - 65th
Houston - 20th
Houston - 41st

What the **** are we supposed to do with this guy?

Pass. Let’s hope Fedora says yes or the second candidate isn’t some overhyped hilljack with a terrible record of producing offenses.

Where do you get these rankings? Houston had a higher ranked offense than Leach in almost every year Applewhite has coached there as a coordinator or HC.

You were almost certainly among the many who desperately wanted a Herman/Applewhite duo three years ago — when the entire football world was salivating over an offense called by Applewhite.

Guy isn’t a home run. But Jesus, enough with the hyperbole.

Advertisement
That Texas offense — after Herman rid himself of that albatross Applewhite — sure has looked lethal the last couple of years.

Here comes another quarterback draw as I type this.

That Texas offense — after Herman rid himself of that albatross Applewhite — sure has looked lethal the last couple of years.

Here comes another quarterback draw as I type this.

Yep. In the two seasons since Herman the "mastermind" took the Texas job, his offenses have been worse than his offenses in Houston where Applewhite was the playcaller.

Advertisement
Did some digging on Major and Saban. From what I have gathered Saban didn’t trust a young OC to run the show by himself and brought in another guy, it upset Major and they split at end of year.

Advertisement
Back