MacFarland to Maryland!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody need to chill. We got Robert Burns

Please neg me to oblivion for saying this but Burns reminds me of Gore. I'm not saying that he's going to be one of the best but his build and running style are very similar IMO. His durability on the other hand...

Advertisement
Nobody that big a recruit as Anthony has stayed in Maryland in forever. The fact they have that type of caliber athlete in their backyard, he has the whole state in the palm of his hand. It was kind of crazy for us not to look at all the pros and cons."

Stefon Diggs did in 2012. Maryland failed him so he sent his little brother to Alabama.

Please neg me to oblivion for saying this but Burns reminds me of Gore. I'm not saying that he's going to be one of the best but his build and running style are very similar IMO. His durability on the other hand...

lol... you never saw him in high school did you?

I saw him play vs Columbus when he was a senior and he ran for more in that game than Burns has in his entire high school and pop warner career.

What a load of bs, so Miami will play Gray over him since he's a hometown boy? Gtfoh

I guess Herndon, Njoku, Brad, Gall, Elder, Gus etc shouldn't of played over the " Florida boys".

Stupidest recruiting argument I've seen used by a staff.

Desperation from a JV staff. Surprised he and his family actually fell for that.

Nobody that big a recruit as Anthony has stayed in Maryland in forever. The fact they have that type of caliber athlete in their backyard, he has the whole state in the palm of his hand. It was kind of crazy for us not to look at all the pros and cons."

Stefon Diggs did in 2012. Maryland failed him so he sent his little brother to Alabama.

Who was the RB who went to Maryland with him? Don't remember him doing much at Maryland either

Advertisement
What a load of bs, so Miami will play Gray over him since he's a hometown boy? Gtfoh

I guess Herndon, Njoku, Brad, Gall, Elder, Gus etc shouldn't of played over the " Florida boys".

Stupidest recruiting argument I've seen used by a staff.

It's incredibly thin and stupid. Which is why Brown will murder it in home tonight and mail the carcass to the City of Maryland.

Still think the relationship with Thomas Brown will prevail in the end.

Advertisement

lol... you never saw him in high school did you?

I saw him play vs Columbus when he was a senior and he ran for more in that game than Burns has in his entire high school and pop warner career.

Again, his running style and body type, not his production.

Btw, I hope we land McFarland badly but what legacy are you going to build at Maryland? Bet 5th place team in the Big 10 East? I like Durkin but McFarland will be 0-6/8 vs Mich, OSU and PSU by the time he enters the draft

Who was the RB who went to Maryland with him? Don't remember him doing much at Maryland either

Wes Brown.

Advertisement

For real. Kid looks like a younger, faster version of Willis.

Lmao

Bruh, did you see his sophomore highlights? He looked like a **** SR stud at the age of 15. Man among boys. He's already 216lbs. He's gonna end up a 6'0 230lb battering ram with McGahee speed.

Yea, let's just hope he doesn't stub his toe on his way out to Greentree the first time.

Telling quote--- "we were all in with Miami". Pretty obvious that it's Maryland. ***** the Maryland coaches for that recruiting tactic.

Advertisement

For real. Kid looks like a younger, faster version of Willis.

Lmao

Bruh, did you see his sophomore highlights? He looked like a **** SR stud at the age of 15. Man among boys. He's already 216lbs. He's gonna end up a 6'0 230lb battering ram with McGahee speed.

Yea, let's just hope he doesn't stub his toe on his way out to Greentree the first time.
The most important attribute you can have as a player is availability. Doesn't matter how big and fast he is if he can't stay on the field. But we'll see, obviously hoping that he pans out.

I get the desire to stay close to home, play in front of family and friends, etc., as that is something that we always sell to the local South Florida recruits, and is something that people on this board expect to be a big factor when it's something that we're trying to use in our favor. However, despite the fact that we've been mediocre for 10+ years, we've still produced NFL talent that today's recruits know and still have a name brand in football, so when a kid decides to leave South Florida and go somewhere else, he is leaving that behind.

Maryland, on the other hand, cannot sell that in football. They don't have the history of success and certainly don't have the history of producing NFL running backs. Could McFarland establish his own legacy at Maryland? Sure, but what does that even mean? The bar for being the best RB to come out of Maryland is ridiculously low. Instead, he could join a legacy of running backs that is hard to match, play for an RB coach and head coach that he has a great relationship, and establish his legacy as a member of an elite group of players that football fans, both in college and the NFL, truly appreciate. Do you want to be mentioned in the same breath as Edge, Portis, McGahee, Gore, Lamar Miller and Duke Johnson, or with Bruce Perry, Da'Rel Scott and ...? And yes, I had to google Maryland NFL running backs, because, come on, who knows those guys offhand.

Dammit mane, this kid should be committed already! wtf is going here

Mu1wLii_zpse6dbbe3a.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back