MacFarland to Maryland!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The line about schools favoring in state kids is so garbage . The best teams in the country recruit nationally. Imagine if Bama, Ohio Taint, Michigan, Clemson , etc... only played the kids from their "home" states. They wouldn't be the best teams in the country then. Teams recruit talent, and Miami happens to be in the most talent rich state in the country. What a bs line the Fairyland coaches used on him and his pops. At least his dad recognized it as a crap line .

Advertisement
So Richt has coached Moreno,Gurley, and Chubb but McFarland is going to commit to the Terps??? I don't think so. I don't care how many bags Maryland or Under Armour drops on his doorstep, committing to the Canes is the ultimate business decision.

I of course would love to have him at the U. Having said that I would respect if he stays to play for the terps his hometown team. This is what we asked of Hartley, Henderson, Herbert, and why we are upset at Jeudy. Have no problem with the decision other than the timing but **** happens.

Advertisement
Maryland needs to calm down with that ****. Some of Miami's best players in school history aren't from Miami - Ray Lewis, Reggie Wayne, Ed Reed, Shockey, Winslow, etc... were starters here.

Recent key players like Njoku and Kaaya in this draft show that the most talented player will play.

Brown was supposed to be our great recruiter on staff, no? If he can't even land a RB he has had a relationship with for years who we have beeen the front runner with for a long time then that indicates a serious problem.

Brown did his job with mcfarland. The only other thing he could've done was announce and sign the dawn loi...this is strictly on the young man and his support staff. With that said, i say he brings his talents to south beach. He seems like a well structured and humble guy. He's a canes kinda guy. He will get his fair share of opportunities in this offence.

He is a Cane. I think he will be the most important/productive recruit in this class.

Advertisement
Didn't realize that MAryland has a pretty decent class. Ranked 18th. They're probably selling the heck out of that.

Starting QB = Cali
2nd string RB = New York
Starting TE = New Jersey
2nd string TE = Georgia
Slot WR & Punt Returner = Carolina
Starting CB = Tennessee

But don't come here if you're from another state. You don't play. LOL

As Folden stated, 'If you're looking then we're looking.' Same rules apply now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Everybody need to chill. We got Robert Burns

Please neg me to oblivion for saying this but Burns reminds me of Gore. I'm not saying that he's going to be one of the best but his build and running style are very similar IMO. His durability on the other hand...

lol... you never saw him in high school did you?

I saw him play vs Columbus when he was a senior and he ran for more in that game than Burns has in his entire high school and pop warner career.

Good lord was Frank something to see in high school. I'm probably forgetting a few (Willis & ty moss were good too)but only person I remember really doing it like Frank was troy Davis. Frank & troy at gables & the ridge were like using bo Jackson in tecmo bowl. **** just wasn't fair. You talk about a backfield in highschool. How many of yall remember that one sarge had. Troy & Darren Davis to go along with sed Irvin. Every last one of them could carve you up. ****** Lamont on d,Corey at corner. Used to hate those boys. For clarity obviously I mean down here & Broward. Otherwise I'd mention Travis Henry & Cedric Benson in tex.

Last edited:
What a load of bs, so Miami will play Gray over him since he's a hometown boy? Gtfoh

I guess Herndon, Njoku, Brad, Gall, Elder, Gus etc shouldn't of played over the " Florida boys".

Stupidest recruiting argument I've seen used by a staff.

Desperation from a JV staff. Surprised he and his family actually fell for that.

It's exactly what onion did when he was our coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back