M BUNCHE

jevoasis

Addicted to ****
Was a little disappointed with his play this season, for someone with his strength numbers he should've been more productive (run and pass protection). He just looked a little stiff. Question, does he keep developing into a top flight LT, or is he out of position (RT maybe)?

Advertisement
I don't think he's a LT athletically. He'll make a good swing tackle/utility lineman IMO.

I don't think he's a LT athletically. He'll make a good swing tackle/utility lineman IMO.

I agree. He has a very tough time with speed rushers. I expected Henderson to take his spot at some point, but apparently he is not as quick on the left side.

I'm hopeful it will be Henderson on the left, flowers on the right, with Bunche spelling both next year.

He'd probably be a beast on the right side, but on the left he's a liability against speed rushers. You have to be able to trust your LT to win one-on-one battles and he can't be trusted.

Advertisement
Bunche is a guard if I've ever seen one. Unfortunatley for him, Linder and Feli are ALL ACC type guards. We needed an extra OT bcuz of Seantrell's facebook frineds dying all of a suddenly and he did well except for one play vs K State where Morris almost lost his life.

The oline allowed the 2nd fewest sacks in the ACC iirc.

I think there's a decent chance Flowers takes his spot at LT and Bunche becomes our top backup. He can play every position except C, so that would be ideal.

I think he played better then some of you are giving him credit for. We had a pretty **** good pass blocking line.

That said he's more of a OG, maybe RT in the NFL. It will be really interesting to see how the OT situation plays out in 2013 if Henderson stays

Last edited:
Advertisement
Good player, but he plays a little stiff. He's one of our strongest guys, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's one of our most athletic guys, and you need great feet and bend (aka athleticism) to be a top LT.

Bunche
Feli
McDermott
Linder
Trel

Wheeler and Flowers as the backups

LT - Trell
G - Feli
C - McDermmot
G - Linder
RT - Flowers

I think this is what everyone is hoping for, though Henderson hasn't shown LT ability yet. If he returns the prospects of being a LT and being far far more valuable to the NFL might bring that ability out of him.

I think Flowers takes over for Bunche at LT. Seantrel has stated that he doesnt feel 'comfortable' at LT and the coaches have accommodated him and left him at RT. Bunche will end up being the 6th guy that can play anywhere along the line..

Advertisement
Dmoney has stated several times that Henderson has a physical limitation that does not allow him to play LT.

Dmoney has stated several times that Henderson has a physical limitation that does not allow him to play LT.

Its gotten better since spring. He actually played some snaps at LT late in the year.

Advertisement
Its Hendersons back and that causes him pain on his left side when he tries the kick out of his stance when playin LT

When he plays RT his left hip & back arent exposed so he will always be a RT until it gets fixed but doubt thats happening

**** be a RT & a good one if he comes back & develops

Its Hendersons back and that causes him pain on his left side when he tries the kick out of his stance when playin LT

When he plays RT his left hip & back arent exposed so he will always be a RT until it gets fixed but doubt thats happening

Thx.

Thx.

Pretty sure he had surgery on his back and that he did play some snaps at LT last year. I don't think he has any physical limitation that stops him from playing LT at this point.

Bunche is definitely a capable starting tackle and has a lot of talent. He seems a little limited for a LT though as he doesn't seem to have great bend and flexibility. While I don't consider Bunche a liability as a starting OL, I do think it will be hard to justify starting him with the monster talents of Flowers and Henderson.

With that said, I think Bunche is the vocal leader of the OL and that may come into consideration for his role this coming season.

We have a great top 6 Olinemen for next season

Advertisement
Back