Luke said he walked Amari Cooper and D.Freeman into UM

Advertisement
Advertisement
Oh, Lord, couldn't Luke go with Al. Two sides of a bad penny. We so need Butch. His cred will protect him from Luke and others claiming every local kid wants to turn down SEC and FSU $$$$ to play at THE U and that ONLY local kids should get offers. I want whoever the heck Butch picks for 4 years. Then someone can ***** if they stink.

Luke is fkin crazy, but if what he says is true...... all I can do is smfh. No wonder we're looking for a coach right now! ****!!!

Update -- did some digging...

Pee Wee Allen was involved in the recruitment of Cooper.

• Class of 2012 recruit Herb Waters. Allen called Waters seven times on June 11, 2011, and received one call from Waters on the same day. The former Hurricanes staffer said Allen was working the third session of Golden's summer football camp on this day and was tasked with making sure Waters attended the practice. The staffer said Miami was vying for a commitment from either Waters or Amari Cooper for one open recruiting slot at receiver. Waters committed to Miami in July of 2011.

• Class of 2012 recruit Amari Cooper. Allen called and/or received a total five calls from Cooper on June 13, 2011, and July 4-5, 2011. Cooper committed to Alabama. A spokesperson for Alabama declined comment, citing Nick Saban's policy of barring freshmen from speaking with the media.

So Golden got Waters instead of Cooper....

WTF (2015_07_03 03_36_12 UTC).jpg

Advertisement
Why is this clown on national radio with a guy that hates UM to talk about UM like he is some representative, employee, former coach or player? I'll tell you why. So the Cowherds of the world can turn right back around and joke how incompetent UM is and some perceived association with clown Luke.

look man i like luke but he needs to shut his mouth. at this point badmouthing golden makes you look extremely little.

Advertisement
Wow. Grandpa Luke talking to Cowturd. I'd actually prefer to listen to Alfredo explain a red zone defense again than that useless junk.

They thought Waters was just as good as Cooper. That's why they pressured Cooper to commit or get out. Don't know the story on Freemam but I imagine it's similar.

Advertisement
Lordy, Lordy, Lordy... Alabama has Finebaum and we got Luke. God help us... Atleast it's a good laugh on Friday!

Luke say's former players should be able to help find coach.......... ROFLMFAO......... ( NOT A GOOD IDEAL LUKE ) U just prepare getting the hoe's on the boat my friend, I have no problem with that!!!

look man i like luke but he needs to shut his mouth. at this point badmouthing golden makes you look extremely little.

Cowherd asked him where do the young Miami kids want to play, FSU, UF or Miami and Luke said the kids he coaches want to play for Miami.

Then he said Cooper and Freeman wanted to be Canes. He said he walked Cooper and Freeman in to see the coaches and they didn't get signed.

He said Cooper would practice everyday with Miami gear on at NW and the coaches would tell Golden's staff that this guy is legit but they did not really listen to the local HS coaches much.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back