Luke said he walked Amari Cooper and D.Freeman into UM

You can hate on Luke all you want, but he's absolutely telling the truth on Cooper. Cooper was dying to be a Cane until Folden played games with him and fcked it up.

Advertisement
Freeman said something exactly to that effect. Not the uncle luke part

Amari Cooper said the same thing...I can find it if you Folden sweethearts want me 2. A. Cooper was killing the competition at the Miami camps and his family was waiting to get the offer to commit, but Folden and his coal shoveling attitude basically ran him away from UM.

He said it on the dan le batard show. That he always grew up withbdreams of being a hurricane and if it isnt alabama he will alwaysnroot for the canes

Advertisement
Cooper was pretty clear about not wanting to be drafted by Miami because he always wanted to get away.....i was fairly certain he wanted to get away from Miami way back in HS and that's why he went to Bama b/c he could have gone anywhere.

They thought Waters was just as good as Cooper. That's why they pressured Cooper to commit or get out. Don't know the story on Freemam but I imagine it's similar.

Golden's evaluation skills are unmatched.

You can hate on Luke all you want, but he's absolutely telling the truth on Cooper. Cooper was dying to be a Cane until Folden played games with him and fcked it up.

Maybe, but he will be telling this story that irrelevant at this point for 10 more years.

Advertisement
Cooper was pretty clear about not wanting to be drafted by Miami because he always wanted to get away.....i was fairly certain he wanted to get away from Miami way back in HS and that's why he went to Bama b/c he could have gone anywhere.

He was quoted as saying he always wanted to go to UM.

After getting away for 3 years and seeing other places, he may have broadened his horizons and preferred to be a pro away from home. He could definitely afford to return when he wanted to being a pro, so saying he doesn't want to pay for the Dolphins is not the same as being home to play for his dream school in college.

Last edited:
Why is this clown on national radio with a guy that hates UM to talk about UM like he is some representative, employee, former coach or player? I'll tell you why. So the Cowherds of the world can turn right back around and joke how incompetent UM is and some perceived association with clown Luke.

Yep.
Luke thinks he is valued by Cowherd as some expert on UM football.
Cowherd looks at him as some form of a Minstrel Show...more
material for how he wants to frame his (and many people's perception) of
the UM.

Look Luke uses one tidbit of fact out of 10. He'll use one anecdotal story that's sort of true and then say a bunch of nonsensical ridiculous things. I like him but I just hate that he gets a national platform to spout off on

Your diatribe here make no sense! anecdotal stories are "sort of true"? They aren't true. Blow Luke all you want, but dude is putting witnesses out there to back his statements. If you want to bust his chops, then look up the NW coaches when Amari played, and let them tell you whether Amari was working out with UM gears on, or not. Until then you're the anecdotal pun. You're supporting not one thing of what you are spouting, yet you want to say all Luke and the NW coaches vouching that Cooper wanted to come to the U ain't true. Let's just see how Butch owns people walking ballas to UM and find out what a real boss does.

Advertisement
When Luke tells the next staph to call a kid, they need to call the kid. He is a braggart, a loudmouth, and all that baggage, but the man knows top shelf D-1 talent when he sees it.

Luke loves the Canes.

Always has.

[video=youtube;MapmxTJ6mvg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MapmxTJ6mvg[/video]

Golden told Cooper we were going to have a top 5 class with or without (his exact words)...cooper already being ****** lesser WR were offered before him, went to bama.

Advertisement
When Luke tells the next staph to call a kid, they need to call the kid. He is a braggart, a loudmouth, and all that baggage, but the man knows top shelf D-1 talent when he sees it.

It's about as close to a sure thing as you can get in recruiting. Luke gets top prospects from the parks to go play for him and he looks out for them off of the field. He loves UM and he'll push those kids to UM, before any other program. Just give that prospect some attention, because Luke's giving you the opportunity to be the first school that recruits him, which at times can be advantage.

I didn't listen to Luther, but my understanding was he was trying to convey that kids from south Florida still want to go to Miami. A lot of kids that leave are the result of bungled recruitments and poor evaluations. Not sure he was trying to slam staff...and we know he's not going to criticize Randy.

Jfc.
First he goes on Cowherd and says golden didn’t want Cooper.
Now he’s saying they did want him but didn’t want his commitment to go public cause Herb Waters would decommit.
I agree with what he’s saying from the competition standpoint. But why is the story different.

He’s never 💯 If his lips are moving he’s lying. The truth is he wanted to commit, but his mother asked him not to. He went to Alabama and Nick locked him up. We wanted him at CB “but” we would let him play at which ever position he wanted to. He made the right decision for himself and it worked out. No one gave a **** about Luke then or now. Respect to him and his mother.

Advertisement
Back