Luke said he walked Amari Cooper and D.Freeman into UM

My memory is they offered Waters & Cooper at the same time and it was a bad misevaluation by Golden thinking their talent was the same.

Freeman was another miseval - Barrow made a hard run at him but we got in in too late in the game.

Advertisement
My memory is they offered Waters & Cooper at the same time and it was a bad misevaluation by Golden thinking their talent was the same.

Freeman was another miseval - Barrow made a hard run at him but we got in in too late in the game.
Bet if waters went to Bama and Cooper came here you would be saying the opposite lol. Golden couldn’t develop talent just like every other coach here since you know who lol 😂

Correct me if I’m wrong, big homie, but didn’t both the Cooper & Freeman situation cause a great domino effect that kicked us in the *** for future prospects?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Jfc.
First he goes on Cowherd and says golden didn’t want Cooper.
Now he’s saying they did want him but didn’t want his commitment to go public cause Herb Waters would decommit.
I agree with what he’s saying from the competition standpoint. But why is the story different.

Luke is a pathetic liar always has been. Cooper was a high end kid(ESPN TOP 100), he wasn't some random 2 star no one knew about. Miami lost out to Bama, wouldn't be shocked if someone got taken care of and Miami couldn't match.

Luke is a pathetic liar always has been. Cooper was a high end kid(ESPN TOP 100), he wasn't some random 2 star no one knew about. Miami lost out to Bama, wouldn't be shocked if someone got taken care of and Miami couldn't match.
He was taken care of. We absolutely could have matched. Alabama could have done nothing and he would have gone there. It wasn’t a difficult decision for him.

Bet if waters went to Bama and Cooper came here you would be saying the opposite lol. Golden couldn’t develop talent just like every other coach here since you know who lol 😂

Cooper would still be in the NFL, and Waters wouldn’t. You can’t develop talent that isn’t there. Cooper just has it, and he’s a hard worker anyway so he would’ve made it in the league, would’ve had some great numbers here

Advertisement
The Cooper saga is annoying as **** and it's a bad look for a few people, but Luke always leaves out the part of the story where his boy Randy Shannon royally f---d things up, too.

That’s an incredibly stupid thing to say, even for Luke. God I hate that guy for making me defend al golden multiple times.

He's all that and more. But one thing has nothing to do with the other. He's not lying about this.

Cooper would still be in the NFL, and Waters wouldn’t. You can’t develop talent that isn’t there. Cooper just has it, and he’s a hard worker anyway so he would’ve made it in the league, would’ve had some great numbers here
Maybe but all the kids we got were ballers and hard workers in high school. You put them in our program very few elevated their game unfortunately. Waters stuck around the league a while, at CB at that! If we got both and put Waters at CB which many people felt was where he belonged he would have had a better career but we would have put Cooper at CB instead 🤣

Advertisement
Maybe but all the kids we got were ballers and hard workers in high school. You put them in our program very few elevated their game unfortunately. Waters stuck around the league a while, at CB at that! If we got both and put Waters at CB which many people felt was where he belonged he would have had a better career but we would have put Cooper at CB instead 🤣

Yeah probably, but how much you wanna bet back then, he didn’t want to be a CB. Not making excuses for golden and that crew, I hate what they did, but I just think Cooper would have killed it here anyway because he’s that good. Simple as that.

We were not developing people but I don’t know how much of a difference it was making for them in terms of the next steps. The problem the last 15 years or so has been talent acquisition, our classes haven’t been that great. Bad coaching, bad developing, yes. But we weren’t getting talent like we were used to, why are we optimistic with the guy we have now, because of his perceived recruiting ability, as well as hopefully bringing back some toughness and stronger work ethic.

Can anyone answer this question.. How many of Luke high-school players has went to THA []_[]. Just curious because he is supposed to be a super fan but I can't recall us taking any of his players but I'm probably completely wrong

Cooper Definitely would of balled here if Dorsett balled and got drafted in the 1 rd here under Golden imagine what cooper would of done

Advertisement

That herb waters,cooper cituation doesn’t make much sense when that class Miami signed 6 wide receivers.counting Angelo Jean louis who didn’t make it in

Can anyone answer this question.. How many of Luke high-school players has went to THA []_[]. Just curious because he is supposed to be a super fan but I can't recall us taking any of his players but I'm probably completely wrong
Artie Burns, Mike Smith & he coached Duke Johnson in Liberty City Optimist ball for the Warriors.

They dont and thats the problem.

He tries to sell us on any and every kid. His list is long of kids he pushed to um that ultimately went elsewhere. **** Luke was calling Ryan Mayes soft/overrated when he got him at MNW and he was right ont hat 1.

Currently Ray Ray Joseph plays for him at Edison.

Advertisement
Back