Luke said he walked Amari Cooper and D.Freeman into UM

Because golden did let him walk, they gave him one of those lets see how the season goes, he wasnt rated that high, then he had a monster year and it was too late, golden ***ked up, as for freeman randy didnt recruit him, from what i heard golden tried to sway him when he was hired

Advertisement
Well, we all know that Freeman was dissed by us. We didnt want him early on and he didnt give Golden a chance to save. I think Freeman was Randys F up right? And by the time Golden got into CEN to mend the fences it was too late. At least thats what I remember the story being.

I have heard many contradicting stories on Coop. One story said we aggressively pursued him but gave him the "Denver Kirkland" ultimatum (either you sign on the dotted line today or you are out)...And he told us to f off and committed to ALA. Now we are hearing this story that it was between Waters and him..now Luke is saying we didnt want him at all.

Who knows..Only Coop and Golden know the truth. I know what Luke is saying. That UM would have been alot better off if guys like Freeman, Cooper, Cook, Skai Moore etc had never left and that is what the new coach needs to focus on. Keeping any and all elite prospects in SoFla home. Thats half the battle.

Look Luke uses one tidbit of fact out of 10. He'll use one anecdotal story that's sort of true and then say a bunch of nonsensical ridiculous things. I like him but I just hate that he gets a national platform to spout off on

And for the record, nobody could have known Devonta Freeman would have turned out as good as he is. He was great in HS but he wasnt Yearby/Cook great. When you start talking about the best Dade RBs of the last 10-15 years...His name never comes up. (I know because we have this debate on the recruiting board at least twice a year)

So I give Randy/Al a small pass for that miss BUT seeing that he is a local kid it goes back to the saying that we should NEVER allow an outside school to know more about our local kids then we do. And Jimbo was all over Freeman and EARLY. And we havent been able to get his a$$ out of Central since. Smh.

Luke is a cancer for a coach...HE divides every high school team he goes too... dude is selfish... he is one ****y SOB.....but he knows talent

Advertisement
Devonta was not offered by Randy then blew up senior year and Al went after him when he got the job kid said no thanks and stayed with FSU

Al sucked but he did not turn away Devonta

This dude love digging in other peoples closet for bones to toss out. Golden is gone and this **** here is old *** news. He should try for once in his life to STFU and disappear like his wack *** raps did.

Shannon ignored Freeman. Didn't recruit him. When Golden got the job, he went after Freeman. He was in his house the night before Freeman left for FSU asking him to stay home and play for the Canes. He was an early enrollee. It was too late. This one is on Shannon...not Golden.

They thought Waters was just as good as Cooper. That's why they pressured Cooper to commit or get out. Don't know the story on Freemam but I imagine it's similar.

"We don't want "me" players. Freeman didnt have the core values that we as a team, want, Joe. It starts with me"

Advertisement
Miami slow played Cooper until he went to camp and lit it up. Then his mom talked him out of committing after he earned an offer at camp. Went to Bama the next week, landed an offer and committed. Whether Luke took him to Miami, I have no idea but that kid would have been a Cane if Miami offered earlier.

Advertisement
Cooper committed to UM ... and for some reason, IIRC, he was told his offer wasn't solid.

He "decommitted" and moved on.....

That coRching STAPH is a hot mess. I watched Herbie on TV lyin about why we don't have players like other schools..he was ranting about facilities like some love struck teenager. When the truth is right there in front of your faces, Randy Shannon and Al Tin Foil cannot develop talent if the talent slapped them in their faces. ALL THIS MEANS IS THAT THEY (ESPN and SEC) ARE SCARED THAT WE ARE GONNA FIND THE RIGHT MAN TO LEAD US BACK. THEY SCARED!

Last edited:
Freeman said something exactly to that effect. Not the uncle luke part

Amari Cooper said the same thing...I can find it if you Folden sweethearts want me 2. A. Cooper was killing the competition at the Miami camps and his family was waiting to get the offer to commit, but Folden and his coal shoveling attitude basically ran him away from UM.

Advertisement
*****! Freeman. That chump choked a UM player at the bottom of a pile in 2011, and stole on Shayon Green in 2013. We ain't miss out on $h!t!

And LMFAO! @ Shannon missed on those kids. Shannon kept tabs on kids, that's probably why He didn't offer Finnie. That whole Shannon missed on kids is a load of crap. Who are ya'll mad at that He didn't offer...Todd Chandler?, LMFAO!...Jose Jose?, LMMFAO! FOHWTBS!

Last edited:
He'd always dreamed of winning national championships in Miami, but Monday's showdown with No. 1 Notre Dame wasn't necessarily the vision.

"Growing up, I always wanted to go to the University of Miami," Cooper said after catching the game-winning touchdown in the Tide's 32-28 SEC title game win over Georgia.

Alabama receiver Amari Cooper returns to Miami roots for BCS title game - tribunedigital-sunsentinel

Oct 7 2015 (Luke)

"Speaking as a high school coach in my seventh year, Miami has had an issue going back to even Randy Shannon. You get the pick of the litter. Take for instance one of my kids, Emmett Rice [a 2016 FSU linebacker commit from Norland]. All his goal was to go to Miami. I’ll give you a better one than that. Amari Cooper. Same thing as Freeman. We’d take these kids to the [Hurricanes] camp. Freeman wanted to go Miami, him, Amari Cooper too. So I call ‘em up and say, 'Hey man, this kid is GOOD. Y’all better take a look at him.'"

He affects a nasal voice to imitate a coach: "'Well, bring him to the camp. If he possibly does good, we’ll give him an offer.'"

"And what ends up happening? [Cooper] goes to the camp, turns the place inside out and no one can stop him. And [if] they offer him, he commits right there. Calls Mama right there. 'Mom, they just offered me.' She’s crying, he’s crying, everybody's crying. Then they go up to [the Miami coaches'] office, and then they he say, ‘Uh well, we really don’t want to announce it right now.’

"So then we ending up hopping on the road because we do the same road trip every year. The next day we get on the road, we go to Tallahassee, then Alabama. And what does he do? He tears up everything. Nick Saban’s like, 'I want him right now. I want him and Artie Burns right now.' Nick stayed on him. Jumped on it. Kid went there."

"I’m more friends with everyone on that staff at FSU than I am here. It’s crazy. One thing about it: I let it be known. Every year I go to their camp and cuss them like a sailor, talking trash. 'Yeah we’re gonna get you this year.' And they talk trash to me. One thing about it, though: if I tell ‘em [FSU] about a kid, 99 percent of the time they offer and they won’t hesitate."

"I told [Miami running backs coach] Hurlie Brown last year, 'I ain’t gonna turn you on to no garbage.' I know as a coach, not everybody can go to Miami. There’s only a certain type of kid that can go to Miami, Florida State, Alabama these type places. Now I’m talking to [Florida State assistant] Tim Brewster about a kid. Brewster offers the kid, and then Miami is, ‘Oh we really want Emmett Rice! We want Rayshad Jackson [2015 Florida signee from Norland]. And the kids went to Miami's camp last year. Last year, not this year, laaaast year."

"Every kid's goal is to play for University of Miami here. Right now they're hearing, 'If Florida or Florida State offers you, then we’ll come back.' By then, you’ve just hurt that kid’s feelings. Most kids in Miami are in a single-parent household. Mama’s there, little brothers. Little brothers are playing football on the weekend, and they don’t want to leave here. Most of the high school coaches here, they know how Miami will do a kid. They’ve hurt so many kids' feelings by not getting to them at the right time."
2 Live Crew's Uncle Luke brought swagger to Miami. Now he's ****ed it's being erased. - SBNation.com

Last edited:
I love bagging on Al, and if it's true about what happened during Amari Cooper's recruitment, then fck Al Golden. However, Freeman was entirely on Randy Shannon as Golden was still coaching at Temple during Freeman's recruitment. Last I checked, Luke is still sticking up for Randy, his boy. Luke even went as far as saying that Randy would've won a national title at Miami the next year if he weren't fired. LOL

Why is this clown on national radio with a guy that hates UM to talk about UM like he is some representative, employee, former coach or player? I'll tell you why. So the Cowherds of the world can turn right back around and joke how incompetent UM is and some perceived association with clown Luke.

Cowherd doesn't need any help from Luke to talk about the Miami Admin and BoT being incompetent.

Unfortunately, they have taken care of that all by themselves by being a complete and total clown show for many years.

The latest talk of Cristobal being their guy is the latest example of their idiocy.

Advertisement
Back