LSU Firepower

How much have you had to drink?

Underperforming, dude our defense is going to kill Malik, the last 4 years we had 4 different looks on defense, in an interview the other day it was said we have over 40 now... You are entitled to give you opinion and I am entitled to tell you you are ******* retarded, Oregon said the same thing in 2011 about being faster and more experienced and LSU beat the brakes off of them... it's going to be a good game... quit lying to yourself about being bigger, faster, AMD strong because yall aren't, you may be slightly faster but stronger and bigger is a false statement
This guy is still at it. Listen dude just because you keep repeating the same thing, it doesn't make it true.

Advertisement
Same goes for you and you're team
f2bab2b93d1cc663ff83065665a78b8f.jpg

Miami has the better experienced personnel, overall, and a better HC. LSU does have an advantage with their DL vs our OL.

One wildcard factor is Richt’s experience in the SEC. Miami does not have a rivalry with LSU, but does Richt?

Miami wins 34-14, but the game is close until the 4th. The turnover chain makes an appearance or two late and helps put the game out of LSU each.

How much have you had to drink?

Underperforming, dude our defense is going to kill Malik, the last 4 years we had 4 different looks on defense, in an interview the other day it was said we have over 40 now... You are entitled to give you opinion and I am entitled to tell you you are ******* retarded, Oregon said the same thing in 2011 about being faster and more experienced and LSU beat the brakes off of them... it's going to be a good game... quit lying to yourself about being bigger, faster, AMD strong because yall aren't, you may be slightly faster but stronger and bigger is a false statement

Slightly faster? Your fastest guy, whoever that may be, would still be diving at the heels of our 5th fastest. Your best players are your corner and linebacker, who are not better than Michael Jackson or Shaq. You have any Ahmon's on your team? How about any 6' 5" 220lb wr's? Any corners that can run with two sub 4.4 wr's or a linebacker who can cover a sub 4.4 rb?
You have any Joe Jackson's on your team? No, he left early for the draft.
Our QB who many think, but I do not, is the weak link of our team is head and shoulders above anything you have on your roster.

Put down your double shot of SEC bias, and smell the roses. LSU is the 4th or 5th best team in the SEC and will make a Bowl Game, but where would you place in the ACC. Clemson, Miami, FSU, NC State, VT are all better teams than LSU. You lost Saban, then you lost Les Miles, and now you have Eddie O, who was a good assistant at Miami, but who is not even a mediocre head coach.

The SEC is Alabama and Georgia, and the rest are all also ran's.

That's the reality, and it's not going to change anytime soon. Miami has a really good, if not great chance to have a special year, and LSU is going to be hoping to qualify for a Bowl Game, and I'm not talking Sugar Bowl, but one of those bowl games in early December. You know, the one's we went to for a decade under Shannon, and Al. At least we had a reason. **** for 5 years before Richt anybody with a pulse was signed because we couldn't even guarantee that we would have an upcoming season and had to have some kind of roster.

LSU's decline into mediocrity occurred because of your SEC bias and stupid fan base deluding themselves with grandeur that seems to occur only when certain planets align.

See, at Miami we know when we are good and why. We are good when we get the strongest, fastest, hungriest guys from the best recruiting region in the country, and we let them off the leash. It's not a flash in the pan sort of luck. It brought us 25 years of dominance and 5 National Championships under 4 coaches. We got away from that and went star gazing, then we had a wee bit of NCAA problems, but for 3 years we have gotten back to what made us dominant, and LSU is going to see that whup *** up close and personal.

Advertisement
Seeing a tightly contested game into the 4th when we finally break away and finish it, 27-13. I don’t see LSU’s offense being able to keep up and once we go up 7 I think Coach O gambles and it doesn’t payoff for the Tigers. Give me 2-3 Turnover Chains in the game overall and 450yds of offense for the Canes....

this game isn't going to be a blowout.both defenses are too good for that to happen.I see it as hard fought 4qtr game.

Scouting the SEC - LSU | Draft Analyst

It’s a vicious cycle at LSU- every April there’s a mass exodus of underclassmen into the NFL Draft which thins the roster. While there are still quality prospects at the top, this is the thinnest class of draftable prospects from the program I can remember in a very long time.
Cornerback Greedy Williams has incredible size and the athleticism to match. He’s fast, battles opponents and plays tough football. Engaging receivers at the line of scrimmage, he slows their release from the snap of the ball and battles throughout the action.

Williams is still very rough around the edges and I dare say he’s not NFL ready. The red-shirt sophomore is slow in his transition, struggles locating the pass in the air and does not show a real good feel for coverage at this point.

He has a great upside, which we are counting on him to meet in the near future.

Advertisement
You have any Ahmon's on your team? How about any 6' 5" 220lb wr's? Any corners that can run with two sub 4.4 wr's or a linebacker who can cover a sub 4.4 rb?
Actually we do
Devin White- 6'1" 255 runs a 4.49 40
K' lavon Chaisson- 6'4' 238 ran a 4.6 his freshman year but he is a totally different kid after another offseason in the weight room
Micheal Divinity- 6'2" 238 same as Chaisson

Greedy Williams has been clocked at sub 4.3 before
Terrance Alexander- 4.45 40 yrd dash
Kelvin Joseph- 4.3

Terrace Marshall- 6'4" 205
Stephan Sullivan- 6'7" 232
Dee Anderson- 6'6" 229
Drake Davis- 6'4" 220

Actually we do
Devin White- 6'1" 255 runs a 4.49 40
K' lavon Chaisson- 6'4' 238 ran a 4.6 his freshman year but he is a totally different kid after another offseason in the weight room
Micheal Divinity- 6'2" 238 same as Chaisson

Terrace Marshall- 6'4" 205
Stephan Sullivan- 6'7" 232
Dee Anderson- 6'6" 229
Drake Davis- 6'4" 220
So its a no on covering our players then? And before you say White's 4.49 our only back he could stay with is Dallas at 4.45.
Gray 4.37
Homer - 4.31
Lingard - 4.27

So its a no on covering our players then? And before you say White's 4.49 our only back he could stay with is Dallas at 4.45.
Gray 4.37
Homer - 4.31
Lingard - 4.27
There is no doubt if any of these guys get in the secondary it will be off to the races... LSU will have to bottle them up and win the battle in the trenches, im not saying yall arent fast, i actually said yall are a faster team, but speed IF contained and defended right can be stopped

speed IF contained and defended right can be stopped

Sounds like our last defensive coordinator. I'll take the speed.

LSU and the SEC are in decline. Bama and now UGA prop up the conference because of their boosters and bags. The SEC had the best coaches a few years back, that's not the case any more outside of $aban.

Serious headwinds for LSU as a program. Your head coach is not good, and the fish rots from the head down. Hurricane Katrina scattered a good amount of your talent; it's no coincidence what Herman was able to do at Houston. You're good. Like Pitt last year, you can beat us if we make mistakes. But you're a shadow of your former selves.

Advertisement
There is no doubt if any of these guys get in the secondary it will be off to the races... LSU will have to bottle them up and win the battle in the trenches, im not saying yall arent fast, i actually said yall are a faster team, but speed IF contained and defended right can be stopped
I don't know why but pleasantly surprised by your response, lol. Its going to be a speed vs system deal imo. Aranda probably knows that his defense won't have speed at all the positions necessary so he will need to control chunk plays and big plays to beat us. The edge rushers you guys have will be interesting to watch. They both have speed and seem like linebackers with their hands in the ground. If they control the edge, then LSU can sell out to the pass. However, Richt has done a great job of create space and using RPO to confuse the line. A split second is all it takes for Homer to get loose. FSU was a good example of a team doing what LSU needs to do to win and VT is a good example of similarly talented/disciplined defense that got confused and lacked the team speed to do it.
Biggest advantage is the Greentree (practice field) effect. Most teams don't have the speed and power combo Miami's front seven has.
- Joe Jackson, Jon Garvin are long, strong and have amazing first steps, 1st round talents
- D Jackson is very athletic as a former Bballer,
- Pat Bethel is a DT who was a former speed rusher,
- Greg Rousseau played WR and Safety in HS, but is now a 6'7 250 pass rusher
- Our LBs are well known as an elite trio
- The new striker position will feature former SS with tweener build (think Derwin build) and create a difficulty replicated wrinkle as either an extra rusher or Nickel/Dime LB

Ultimately what we see here will have a prepared for most teams, and why I think LSU struggles to control the LOS. As well our interior lineman who do well vs interior rush.

Right it's not reasoning, and I am not making deductive logic champ.

What is your proof it is not? And it was not my point. It was a factor I believe, just like everyone who talks about any other team Miami plays. Or the games like playing Florida.

This game will be a close fight, that was my point. And I made it clear.

Nothing you write is clear

Slightly faster? Your fastest guy, whoever that may be, would still be diving at the heels of our 5th fastest. Your best players are your corner and linebacker, who are not better than Michael Jackson or Shaq. You have any Ahmon's on your team? How about any 6' 5" 220lb wr's? Any corners that can run with two sub 4.4 wr's or a linebacker who can cover a sub 4.4 rb?
You have any Joe Jackson's on your team? No, he left early for the draft.
Our QB who many think, but I do not, is the weak link of our team is head and shoulders above anything you have on your roster.

Put down your double shot of SEC bias, and smell the roses. LSU is the 4th or 5th best team in the SEC and will make a Bowl Game, but where would you place in the ACC. Clemson, Miami, FSU, NC State, VT are all better teams than LSU. You lost Saban, then you lost Les Miles, and now you have Eddie O, who was a good assistant at Miami, but who is not even a mediocre head coach.

The SEC is Alabama and Georgia, and the rest are all also ran's.

That's the reality, and it's not going to change anytime soon. Miami has a really good, if not great chance to have a special year, and LSU is going to be hoping to qualify for a Bowl Game, and I'm not talking Sugar Bowl, but one of those bowl games in early December. You know, the one's we went to for a decade under Shannon, and Al. At least we had a reason. **** for 5 years before Richt anybody with a pulse was signed because we couldn't even guarantee that we would have an upcoming season and had to have some kind of roster.

LSU's decline into mediocrity occurred because of your SEC bias and stupid fan base deluding themselves with grandeur that seems to occur only when certain planets align.

See, at Miami we know when we are good and why. We are good when we get the strongest, fastest, hungriest guys from the best recruiting region in the country, and we let them off the leash. It's not a flash in the pan sort of luck. It brought us 25 years of dominance and 5 National Championships under 4 coaches. We got away from that and went star gazing, then we had a wee bit of NCAA problems, but for 3 years we have gotten back to what made us dominant, and LSU is going to see that whup *** up close and personal.

I had to laugh at this. Your are telling me Shaq and Jackson are better than White and Greedy?????? Come on man take off the Miami glasses. Majority of our WR’s are over 6’ with some 6’4”+. Chaisson will get your attention real quick and you’ll be like **** he reolaced Arden Key????
If Miami was in the SEC west you wouldn’t sniff a title much less a playoff. Be thankful you are in a weaker conference.

Advertisement
I don't know why but pleasantly surprised by your response, lol. Its going to be a speed vs system deal imo. Aranda probably knows that his defense won't have speed at all the positions necessary so he will need to control chunk plays and big plays to beat us. The edge rushers you guys have will be interesting to watch. They both have speed and seem like linebackers with their hands in the ground. If they control the edge, then LSU can sell out to the pass. However, Richt has done a great job of create space and using RPO to confuse the line. A split second is all it takes for Homer to get loose. FSU was a good example of a team doing what LSU needs to do to win and VT is a good example of similarly talented/disciplined defense that got confused and lacked the team speed to do it.
Biggest advantage is the Greentree (practice field) effect. Most teams don't have the speed and power combo Miami's front seven has.
- Joe Jackson, Jon Garvin are long, strong and have amazing first steps, 1st round talents
- D Jackson is very athletic as a former Bballer,
- Pat Bethel is a DT who was a former speed rusher,
- Greg Rousseau played WR and Safety in HS, but is now a 6'7 250 pass rusher
- Our LBs are well known as an elite trio
- The new striker position will feature former SS with tweener build (think Derwin build) and create a difficulty replicated wrinkle as either an extra rusher or Nickel/Dime LB

Ultimately what we see here will have a prepared for most teams, and why I think LSU struggles to control the LOS. As well our interior lineman who do well vs interior rush.
Thanks
I think it will be a fun game, it will definitely be interesting if both offenses struggle, both offensive lines seem to have question marks and both defensive lines are monsters. I love a good defensive battle

I had to laugh at this. Your are telling me Shaq and Jackson are better than White and Greedy?????? Come on man take off the Miami glasses. Majority of our WR’s are over 6’ with some 6’4”+. Chaisson will get your attention real quick and you’ll be like **** he reolaced Arden Key????
If Miami was in the SEC west you wouldn’t sniff a title much less a playoff. Be thankful you are in a weaker conference.

Probably not better, but the gap is a lot closer than you are acknowledging. Even accounting for Greedy (who I understand hasn't practiced yet?) Miami's secondary is definitively deeper. You don't have a safety even close to the caliber of Johnson (plus after Greedy the corners are meh). Joe Jackson would easily be your best DL. Miami LB core is stronger overall as well.

I agree that I think Miami’s linebackers are better overall. That wasn’t said. White will be the best LB in the field that game no question.
Delpit is no slouch at safety. He’s a good one. I do think Miami’s back field is better, but not by much.

Jackson is a beast, but our Dline in my opinion is better overall. Jackson is a special player though.

Thanks
I think it will be a fun game, it will definitely be interesting if both offenses struggle, both offensive lines seem to have question marks and both defensive lines are monsters. I love a good defensive battle
Totally agree. It has all the makings of a Steelers Ravens game IMO.

Advertisement
Back