LSU Firepower

PittsburghCane

Redshirt Freshman
LSU lost alot last season in terms of firepower, including leading rusher and 2nd rounder Derrius Guice, Starting QB Danny Etling, Top defensive player and 3rd rounder Arden Key, leading receiver and 2nd Round pick D.J. Chark, 2nd round pick Donte Jackson.

This season, the attrition from their game one roster in a huge tilt versus the Miami Hurricanes continues. - rotational
soph LB Tyler Taylor was suspended indefinitely
- his backup Micah Bakersville just had foot surgery
- starting RG Ed Ingram has been suspended indefinitely by the team
- cornerback Kristian Fulton's two-year suspension was upheld
- starting tight end Jamal Pettigrew is out for the season after knee surgery

A team with this much missing from its 2017 team, including arguably the best two players on both sides of the ball, two 2nd rounders, a starting QB and a starting Guard from an already atrocious offensive line, in my eyes, does not bode well for LSU come Sept. 2nd. This smells to me, like a situation were a team in LSU depending on so many new starters and experiencing depth issues makes mistakes early and gets tired in the 3rd quarter. I feel like this game will be similar to what we experience against Duke, opening fast, leading the entire game and finishing strong.

Last edited:
Advertisement
LSU lost alot last season in terms of firepower, including leading rusher and first rounder Derrius Guice, Starting QB Danny Etling, Top defensive player and first rounder Arden Key, leading receiver and 2nd Round pick D.J. Chark, 2nd round pick Donte Jackson.

This season, the attrition from their game one roster in a huge tilt versus the Miami Hurricanes continues. - rotational

A team with this much missing from its 2017 team, including two first rounders, two 2nd rounders, a starting QB and a starting Guard from an already atrocious offensive line, in my eyes, does not bode well for LSU come Sept. 2nd. This smells to me, like a situation were a team in LSU depending on so many new starters and experiencing depth issues makes mistakes early and gets tired in the 3rd quarter. I feel like this game will be similar to what we experience against Duke, opening fast, leading the entire game and finishing strong.

Even with all that this team better not treat this game as a gimme.

I want to beat them when they are at their best. we roll no matter what.

Advertisement
LSU lost alot last season in terms of firepower, including leading rusher and first rounder Derrius Guice, Starting QB Danny Etling, Top defensive player and first rounder Arden Key, leading receiver and 2nd Round pick D.J. Chark, 2nd round pick Donte Jackson.

A team with this much missing from its 2017 team, including two first rounders, two 2nd rounders, a starting QB and a starting Guard from an already atrocious offensive line, in my eyes, does not bode well for LSU come Sept. 2nd. This smells to me, like a situation were a team in LSU depending on so many new starters and experiencing depth issues makes mistakes early and gets tired in the 3rd quarter. I feel like this game will be similar to what we experience against Duke, opening fast, leading the entire game and finishing strong.

I hear you, and I want to believe, but it's still LSU and those dudes are always loaded with talent. I'm not sleeping on those dudes, AT ALL- and I don't care about attrition, injuries....none of that. This will be a grown man game, and those guys will come to play.

UNC gave us all we could handle last year with a depleted roster and HALF the talent of LSU. This game is going to be a maalox masher...best believe that

In addition to what others are saying on UNC, Pitt smoked us with a true freshman QB in his first start. A Wisconsin QB that had very average numbers all season looked like the second coming of Joe Montana against us. Just as we will always be loaded with athletes regardless of what we lose to the draft, the same can be said at LSU. I think we will win but it will be an extremely tough game that comes down to the wire. I think our experience gives us the edge in the end.

They have some transfers and Juco players as well. Talent is there. The game comes down to Malik. We have to be able to move the chains and not turn the ball over. O-line is next critical component can't get manhandled like we did vs. Clemson

Also, LSU's coaching staff (much like our staff) have studying Miami film ALL spring and all summer - they've been preparing for this game since March. This is an extremely important game for both programs

Plus we have Rosier, a bi-polar QB that has a tendency to sleep through 2-3 quarters at a time, and will kill you with mistakes when you can least afford it. I don't trust that dude at all, and he could lose this game all by his-****-self, so I'm expecting a dogfight to the bitter end.

Keep thinking this game will be a gimme. You're going to be disappointed.

Advertisement
Lol LSU is 10x more talented than Duke.. we just need to play well, start fast and dominate.. everything will take care of itself . Stop trying to over analyze every aspect on their roster..

It's gonna be a dog fight game. If you over analyze it and try to think otherwise, you're wrong. Appreciate u looking at their roster and some of it's turnover, but lsu is gonna be more than ready to go.

Most freshman OL started last year due to injuries. Many good recruits and juco transfers came in this year. Same with D line. Its gonna be a good game... Fulton was out last year so he isnt necessarily missed.... Taylor was a back up to Phillips, Bakersville injury should take no more than 3 weeks to heel, Ingram wont be missed all that much but would be nice to have.

Offensive Line Starting Players and Rotation players
Class Height Weight
Adrian Magee- Jr. 6'4" 335
Badara Traore- Jr. 6'7" 323
Micheal Smith- So. 6'1" 331
Austin Deculus- So. 6'7" 321
Saahdiq Charles- So. 6'5" 305
garrett Brumfield- Sr. 6'4" 303
Lloyrd Cushenberry- So. 6'4" 309

Chasen Hines- Fr. 6'4" 336
Rory Luke- Jr. 6'4" 273
Cameron Wire- Fr. 6'7" 296
Justin Mikush- Sr. 6'4" 290
Jakori Savage- So. 6'6" 296
Cole Smith- Fr. 6'3" 285
Damien Lewis- Jr. 6'3" 322
Turner Simmers- Sr. 6'6" 304
Don Campbell- So. 6'4" 351

Doesnt seem atrocious this year

Its going to be a good game i believe

Advertisement
I still have nightmares of unc and their depleted roster so I’m not chalking anything up as a given

I was so ****ed off watching that game. I drank over 12 beers and kept saying to myself out loud “we are trying to lose, what the fucq”

How do you get suspended for two years? At that point you should probably just kick him off the team
He got caught trying to use someone elses **** for a drug screen then they made him **** in a cup and he passed the urine test.. However they got players beating woman, robbing stores and so on that get away with one season max... the system is screwed up in my opinion not just because its our player either.

Advertisement
He got caught trying to use someone elses **** for a drug screen then they made him **** in a cup and he passed the urine test.. However they got players beating woman, robbing stores and so on that get away with one season max... the system is screwed up in my opinion not just because its our player either.
Agree. You can be a Bama player caught with a gun and drugs and receive zero suspension and on top of that the DA doesn’t press charges

I like how when bringing up last year, our fans bring up Pitt and UNC as an indicator for what to expect from our team. Why not VT, or idk, ND games?

No one should expect it to be easy but we've shown we are capable
of playing well on the big stage (no I didn't forget Clemson/Wisc, which is why I said capable even though I think Wisc could have been different if we were at full strength)

Bottom line is I think the VT/ND games are better predictors of how I expect us to play then a couple of day time games that we expected to win and wasn't up for.

They return the lowest percentage of lettermen in the FBS and have among the lowest amount of returning starters in the FBS.

Every metric is in Miami’s favor.

100% agree. They'll have the home crowd. But we have the advantage in terms of coaches and athletes. Rosier needs to avoid turnovers and just put the ball into our play-makers' hands, and we win this game. Only a handful of teams (if that) can handle our 4- and 5- man combinations of Homer, Richards, Thomas, Dallas, Cager, Pope, Highsmith, Harley. Someone will always be open. Just get the ball to them safely.

Advertisement
Back