LSU Firepower

100% agree. They'll have the home crowd. But we have the advantage in terms of coaches and athletes. Rosier needs to avoid turnovers and just put the ball into our play-makers' hands, and we win this game. Only a handful of teams (if that) can handle our 4- and 5- man combinations of Homer, Richards, Thomas, Dallas, Cager, Pope, Highsmith, Harley. Someone will always be open. Just get the ball to them safely.

Highsmith? You mean Hightower I assume lol. Don't bring us back to those days.

Advertisement
100% agree. They'll have the home crowd. But we have the advantage in terms of coaches and athletes. Rosier needs to avoid turnovers and just put the ball into our play-makers' hands, and we win this game. Only a handful of teams (if that) can handle our 4- and 5- man combinations of Homer, Richards, Thomas, Dallas, Cager, Pope, Highsmith, Harley. Someone will always be open. Just get the ball to them safely.
THIS.....

We cant line up and overpower anyone on 3rd and 1. UNC included. LSU is a whole different animal. Going to be tough for us regardless.

Advertisement
Lol LSU is 10x more talented than Duke.. we just need to play well, start fast and dominate.. everything will take care of itself . Stop trying to over analyze every aspect on their roster..
Over analyze? Wasn't a think piece but ok.

In addition to what others are saying on UNC, Pitt smoked us with a true freshman QB in his first start. A Wisconsin QB that had very average numbers all season looked like the second coming of Joe Montana against us. Just as we will always be loaded with athletes regardless of what we lose to the draft, the same can be said at LSU. I think we will win but it will be an extremely tough game that comes down to the wire. I think our experience gives us the edge in the end.
I disagree but it is definitely possible.

Most freshman OL started last year due to injuries. Many good recruits and juco transfers came in this year. Same with D line. Its gonna be a good game... Fulton was out last year so he isnt necessarily missed.... Taylor was a back up to Phillips, Bakersville injury should take no more than 3 weeks to heel, Ingram wont be missed all that much but would be nice to have.

Offensive Line Starting Players and Rotation players
Class Height Weight
Adrian Magee- Jr. 6'4" 335
Badara Traore- Jr. 6'7" 323
Micheal Smith- So. 6'1" 331
Austin Deculus- So. 6'7" 321
Saahdiq Charles- So. 6'5" 305
garrett Brumfield- Sr. 6'4" 303
Lloyrd Cushenberry- So. 6'4" 309

Chasen Hines- Fr. 6'4" 336
Rory Luke- Jr. 6'4" 273
Cameron Wire- Fr. 6'7" 296
Justin Mikush- Sr. 6'4" 290
Jakori Savage- So. 6'6" 296
Cole Smith- Fr. 6'3" 285
Damien Lewis- Jr. 6'3" 322
Turner Simmers- Sr. 6'6" 304
Don Campbell- So. 6'4" 351

Doesnt seem atrocious this year

Its going to be a good game i believe
I understand your viewpoint. However, everything I have seen from this site posters, Coach Searels, and what shows on the field, most young offensive linemen struggle to even start years 1 and 2. IDK how much they could really improve especially having to replace two linemen from last years team.

Advertisement
Most freshman OL started last year due to injuries. Many good recruits and juco transfers came in this year. Same with D line. Its gonna be a good game... Fulton was out last year so he isnt necessarily missed.... Taylor was a back up to Phillips, Bakersville injury should take no more than 3 weeks to heel, Ingram wont be missed all that much but would be nice to have.

Offensive Line Starting Players and Rotation players
Class Height Weight
Adrian Magee- Jr. 6'4" 335
Badara Traore- Jr. 6'7" 323
Micheal Smith- So. 6'1" 331
Austin Deculus- So. 6'7" 321
Saahdiq Charles- So. 6'5" 305
garrett Brumfield- Sr. 6'4" 303
Lloyrd Cushenberry- So. 6'4" 309

Chasen Hines- Fr. 6'4" 336
Rory Luke- Jr. 6'4" 273
Cameron Wire- Fr. 6'7" 296
Justin Mikush- Sr. 6'4" 290
Jakori Savage- So. 6'6" 296
Cole Smith- Fr. 6'3" 285
Damien Lewis- Jr. 6'3" 322
Turner Simmers- Sr. 6'6" 304
Don Campbell- So. 6'4" 351

Doesnt seem atrocious this year

Its going to be a good game i believe
Another aspect to this is an extremely versitale defensive front in Miami can eat this young line alive, especially under the bright lights. If we did what we did to ND's first round Oline what happens vs this group?

LSU has a roster full of dogs...been that way for the last 13-14 years. You guys acting like these dudes are UVA, UNC or Duke. LSU is an entirely different animal, and they can go athlete for athlete with Miami. Don't get it twisted.

On top of that, we have Malik and an unproven O-line that struggled in the Spring. Rosseau, a true freshman, ate and got a belly full against our O-line in the spring, yet many of you feel confident that those **** hounds LSU will unleash upront, will be stifled?!?!?

Sleep on these dudes all you want.

Advertisement
We just need to be more consistently dominant on both sides. Level of opponent didn't really seem to matter all that much in our struggles/success. We are an enigma.
Right as rain. I'm hoping that with the maturity of each group OL/DL where you want it for thse units, and depth behind them growing, we will have consistently strong lines that turnover clean each year. We have been waiting for the OL to mature and I think that they have. The coaches over the past two years have been quick to call them out but this summer there has been tons of praise.

LSU has a roster full of dogs...been that way for the last 13-14 years. You guys acting like these dudes are UVA, UNC or Duke. LSU is an entirely different animal, and they can go athlete for athlete with Miami. Don't get it twisted.

On top of that, we have Malik and an unproven O-line that struggled in the Spring. Rosseau, a true freshman, ate and got a belly full against our O-line in the spring, yet many of you feel confident that those **** hounds LSU will unleash upront, will be stifled?!?!?

If thats the case that yall have an unproven O line against guys like Fehoko, Lawrence, Logan, and Farrel with guys like Chaisson and White behind them it can be a long game. It can go either way.. Sounds like both defenses will be ready and both offenses can fall on their faces. Should make for an interesting matchup

Advertisement
If we come out conservative trying to power run with them, we'll lose.

We're gonna have to be aggressive & kill'em with pace. More QB runs & more 4/5-wide sets. Keep them off balance & attack the **** out of them. I know everybody hates Spread, but that's basically what we'll have to run to beat them because we do not have the personnel to play phone booth football with them.

Don't play SEC ball with a SEC team, if we plan on running the ball a lot it will have to be out of the gun with the no huddle uptempo offense. If we line up I formation trying to stuff it down their throat we'll struggle immensely.

And we better get the ball out of Rosier's hands fast, because those LB's are going to bring heavy pressure.

On Defense, you stop the run, you stop LSU. They have some really tall WR's as well, so they're going to try & Deep Jump ball us a few times, but their bread & butter is always running the ball.

We have to get off the field on 3rd downs & whoever the other Corner opposite of MJ is will really have to hold their own, because they will attack that side of the field in the pass game with those tall WR's.

We're gonna have to be aggressive & kill'em with pace. More QB runs & more 4/5-wide sets. Keep them off balance & attack the **** out of them. I know everybody hates Spread, but that's basically what we'll have to run to beat them because we do not have the personnel to play phone booth football with them.

Don't play SEC ball with a SEC team, if we plan on running the ball a lot it will have to be out of the gun with the no huddle uptempo offense. If we line up I formation trying to stuff it down their throat we'll struggle immensely.

And we better get the ball out of Rosier's hands fast, because those LB's are going to bring heavy pressure.

On Defense, you stop the run, you stop LSU. They have some really tall WR's as well, so they're going to try & Deep Jump ball us a few times, but their bread & butter is always running the ball.

We have to get off the field on 3rd downs & whoever the other Corner opposite of MJ is will really have to hold their own, because they will attack that side of the field in the pass game with those tall WR's.

Agree with everything you wrote...100%

A diminished 2018 LSU team is not even comparable to ND, UNC VaTech. Orgeron is a dope, but when the 2018 season wraps up, they will be way better than every other team we play in 2018 besides FSU.

We got some posters trying to sleep on LSU

Upvote on the new avi!

Advertisement
Back