LSU Firepower

A diminished 2018 LSU team is not even comparable to ND, UNC VaTech. Orgeron is a dope, but when the 2018 season wraps up, they will be way better than every other team we play in 2018 besides FSU.

We got some posters trying to sleep on LSU
ND LSU.PNG

Advertisement
If we come out conservative trying to power run with them, we'll lose.

We're gonna have to be aggressive & kill'em with pace. More QB runs & more 4/5-wide sets. Keep them off balance & attack the **** out of them. I know everybody hates Spread, but that's basically what we'll have to run to beat them because we do not have the personnel to play phone booth football with them.

Don't play SEC ball with a SEC team, if we plan on running the ball a lot it will have to be out of the gun with the no huddle uptempo offense. If we line up I formation trying to stuff it down their throat we'll struggle immensely.

And we better get the ball out of Rosier's hands fast, because those LB's are going to bring heavy pressure.

On Defense, you stop the run, you stop LSU. They have some really tall WR's as well, so they're going to try & Deep Jump ball us a few times, but their bread & butter is always running the ball.

We have to get off the field on 3rd downs & whoever the other Corner opposite of MJ is will really have to hold their own, because they will attack that side of the field in the pass game with those tall WR's.
UCF vs Auburn basically.

I Usually ride with the team that has more upper classmen and returning starters and a more experienced QB.

I Usually ride with the team that has more upper classmen and returning starters and a more experienced QB.

Exactly. And we return our starting QB, 2 of our 3 WRs, our starting RB, 3 of our 5 starting OL, 1 of our 4 starting DL (but Willis would have started, IMO and Garvin was already emerging by the end of the year), all starting LBs and 3 of our 4 DBs (4 of 5 when in Nickle package) on a team that went 10-3 (11-3 if not for the hurricane).

LSU is not bad, we have to respect them to win, not play like we played against UNC or Pitt, or we're toast. But we should win.

Advertisement
LSU lost alot last season in terms of firepower, including leading rusher and first rounder Derrius Guice, Starting QB Danny Etling, Top defensive player and first rounder Arden Key, leading receiver and 2nd Round pick D.J. Chark, 2nd round pick Donte Jackson.

This season, the attrition from their game one roster in a huge tilt versus the Miami Hurricanes continues. - rotational
soph LB Tyler Taylor was suspended indefinitely
- his backup Micah Bakersville just had foot surgery
- starting RG Ed Ingram has been suspended indefinitely by the team
- cornerback Kristian Fulton's two-year suspension was upheld
- starting tight end Jamal Pettigrew is out for the season after knee surgery

A team with this much missing from its 2017 team, including two first rounders, two 2nd rounders, a starting QB and a starting Guard from an already atrocious offensive line, in my eyes, does not bode well for LSU come Sept. 2nd. This smells to me, like a situation were a team in LSU depending on so many new starters and experiencing depth issues makes mistakes early and gets tired in the 3rd quarter. I feel like this game will be similar to what we experience against Duke, opening fast, leading the entire game and finishing strong.

Good content.

Get up by 3 scores by halftime. Or expect a repeat of Wisconsin game.
Miami has elite skill players,, not so much on the Lines..

Advertisement
LSU’s awful coaching staff (besides Aranda) negates any talent advantage they may have.

If there is any fan base that should know this, it’s us.

We have always seemed to play to the level of competition...when we play good teams our intensity becomes unreal...makes for frustration as a fan but is what it is.

Last year is last year

Cant argue with this one... No reason with the LSU talent that we should not be in the mix every year...But we all know why, we got a DC that holds all the ground and well the other two you know the story
Swamp I think special teams will make big strides this year with the new kicker and a new special teams coach from the NFL. Esminger doesn't need to be all world with his play calling, he just can't be predictable at times and I hope and pray Coach O stays out of the playcalling.

Advertisement
Swamp I think special teams will make big strides this year with the new kicker and a new special teams coach from the NFL. Esminger doesn't need to be all world with his play calling, he just can't be predictable at times and I hope and pray Coach O stays out of the playcalling.
That prayer is what worries me lol

If thats the case that yall have an unproven O line against guys like Fehoko, Lawrence, Logan, and Farrel with guys like Chaisson and White behind them it can be a long game. It can go either way.. Sounds like both defenses will be ready and both offenses can fall on their faces. Should make for an interesting matchup
Our oline isn’t elite but it certainly isn’t “unproven”. 3 our of 5 starters returning including another guy who was our 6th man last year that played a lot the last half of the season In Hayden Mahoney.

Advertisement
LSU has a roster full of dogs...been that way for the last 13-14 years. You guys acting like these dudes are UVA, UNC or Duke. LSU is an entirely different animal, and they can go athlete for athlete with Miami. Don't get it twisted.

On top of that, we have Malik and an unproven O-line that struggled in the Spring. Rosseau, a true freshman, ate and got a belly full against our O-line in the spring, yet many of you feel confident that those **** hounds LSU will unleash upront, will be stifled?!?!?

Sleep on these dudes all you want.
Rousseau was going against backups. Did he eat vs st.louis or Donaldson? No...

I was so ****ed off watching that game. I drank over 12 beers and kept saying to myself out loud “we are trying to lose, what the fucq”

If the link works you can watch it again-though I'm not sure you can down 12 beers in 4 minutes.

Advertisement
Back