LSU Firepower

Advertisement
LSU lost alot last season in terms of firepower, including leading rusher and 2nd rounder Derrius Guice, Starting QB Danny Etling, Top defensive player and 3rd rounder Arden Key, leading receiver and 2nd Round pick D.J. Chark, 2nd round pick Donte Jackson.

This season, the attrition from their game one roster in a huge tilt versus the Miami Hurricanes continues. - rotational
soph LB Tyler Taylor was suspended indefinitely
- his backup Micah Bakersville just had foot surgery
- starting RG Ed Ingram has been suspended indefinitely by the team
- cornerback Kristian Fulton's two-year suspension was upheld
- starting tight end Jamal Pettigrew is out for the season after knee surgery

A team with this much missing from its 2017 team, including arguably the best two players on both sides of the ball, two 2nd rounders, a starting QB and a starting Guard from an already atrocious offensive line, in my eyes, does not bode well for LSU come Sept. 2nd. This smells to me, like a situation were a team in LSU depending on so many new starters and experiencing depth issues makes mistakes early and gets tired in the 3rd quarter. I feel like this game will be similar to what we experience against Duke, opening fast, leading the entire game and finishing strong.

Good report, but you put this out there to start some shiggitty. LSU recruits very well, this will be a 4 Qts game.

Advertisement
Watch you be right about what? The LSU game 13 years ago has absolutely nothing to do with this game. Your reasoning is putrid
Right it's not reasoning, and I am not making deductive logic champ.

What is your proof it is not? And it was not my point. It was a factor I believe, just like everyone who talks about any other team Miami plays. Or the games like playing Florida.

This game will be a close fight, that was my point. And I made it clear.

Right it's not reasoning, and I am not making deductive logic champ.

What is your proof it is not? And it was not my point. It was a factor I believe, just like everyone who talks about any other team Miami plays. Or the games like playing Florida.

This game will be a close fight, that was my point. And I made it clear.

No logic no reasoning. Just some dork who wanted to hear himself talk

Yeah, good response champ.

Do I need to make you my ***** verbally?

Let's go.

You going to record a voice message to tell is about how an insignificant bowl game 13 years ago between two teams that almost never play each other gives one of the teams an edge?

Please do. I can’t wait to hear it.

In 2005, Ali Highsmith was very intimidated by the beatdown the canes put on LSU in 1988!

******’ idiot.

Advertisement
Again an opinion, you can't get past that alone.

But I will dive in for flucks sake.

Maybe that LSU game meant nothing to you years ago.

Why would teams like ND, Florida, Ohio State, matter ? Why do other fans hate Miami? Why does Miami have it's reputation? It's based on prior experience, history , perception.

Like the game 13 years ago. For some fans it matters, others it doesn't. For me personally it cost me $1000 dollars as I smashed my laptop over my knee in the 4qt of that game.

If you disagree with me thats cool. But calling me a dork, saying it's gibberish and other **** like that is simply weak sauce.

Why does the TV coverage play up these past games?

Why is the Florida flop still brought up?

Or the wide rights? And more examples like OSU.

Wow the media talks about past match ups between the teams?!? No way?!?

That must mean that our players some of whom were in preschool during the Peach Bowl are going to be really intimidated!

Advertisement
Again an opinion, you can't get past that alone.

But I will dive in for flucks sake.

Maybe that LSU game meant nothing to you years ago.

Why would teams like ND, Florida, Ohio State, matter ? Why do other fans hate Miami? Why does Miami have it's reputation? It's based on prior experience, history , perception.

Like the game 13 years ago. For some fans it matters, others it doesn't. For me personally it cost me $1000 dollars as I smashed my laptop over my knee in the 4qt of that game.

If you disagree with me thats cool. But calling me a dork, saying it's gibberish and other **** like that is simply weak sauce.

What does any of that have to do with why the game would be close? Your original position was that this would be a tough game because of a random bowl game 13 years ago. You’re completely re writing your “argument.” Stop

What does any of that have to do with why the game would be close? Your original position was that this would be a tough game because of a random bowl game 13 years ago. You’re completely re writing your “argument.” Stop
My first post was not an argument, it was an opinion based upon really a feeling.

Upon re-reading it again my "argument". Or say" position " was that the talented SEC teams are tough. And LSU again I believe will be a challenge. Even into the 4 quarter, and after both teams fatigue it will come down to will and desire. This has been my point from last night to now .

I see from your other posts that your are a believer of analytics. That certainly has it's merit, just not all the time.

Look man, if the Canes are up by more than 10 points going into the 4th I will buy you a shirt. Send it to an Amazon Locker or something. A Canes shirt, your choice. If you are right, means I will be happy, so long as the Canes don't blow it.

Advertisement
This is going to be a butt whipping. Miami 48 LSU 10.
We have the bigger, stronger, hungrier, faster, experienced and more talented team across the board. Everyone's worried about Malik, but if you put him in the SEC he's one of the top qb's. He's a returning senior starter for a team that had it's best season in over a decade. People automatically assume the SEC is a superior conference, with superior talent. It hasn't been that way for years. You have 2-3 teams at the top and the rest are a hot mess. Just like in every conference.
LSU is not one of those 2-3 teams at the top, especially this year.

We have a ton of talent on our team, and it's not ACC or SEC quality talent it's NFL talent.
Including freshmen, which I understand are difficult to judge since they haven't played a lick in college, I believe half our current roster is eventually going to be on an NFL roster. There are more guys on this team who will play in the NFL, then there are guys who won't.

I heard a coach on sports talk radio say, "It's not about the X's and O's it's about the Jimmy and Joe's."
We are now in the upper echelon with regards to talent., and it's not just our 1st string. The talent is spread throughout the roster, which was a major reason for us fading the past half decade. You need quality depth to get past injuries. It's easy to say, "next man up," but when your next man is really an inexperienced boy with nowhere near the talent of your downed starter, then you are going to have serious problems, particularly when that substitute needs to be spelled. Our coaching is good to excellent, and most importantly we are a hungry team. We don't have a roster full of underperforming 4-5 star entitled divas. As far as I can tell we don't have any of those cancers.

Again, it's going to be a butt whipping on National television.

And here I was thinking this thread was about what happens after the team holds a chairty gumbo eating contest.

Backblast area clear!

This is going to be a butt whipping. Miami 48 LSU 10.
We have the bigger, stronger, hungrier, faster, experienced and more talented team across the board. Everyone's worried about Malik, but if you put him in the SEC he's one of the top qb's. He's a returning senior starter for a team that had it's best season in over a decade. People automatically assume the SEC is a superior conference, with superior talent. It hasn't been that way for years. You have 2-3 teams at the top and the rest are a hot mess. Just like in every conference.
LSU is not one of those 2-3 teams at the top, especially this year.

We have a ton of talent on our team, and it's not ACC or SEC quality talent it's NFL talent.
Including freshmen, which I understand are difficult to judge since they haven't played a lick in college, I believe half our current roster is eventually going to be on an NFL roster. There are more guys on this team who will play in the NFL, then there are guys who won't.

I heard a coach on sports talk radio say, "It's not about the X's and O's it's about the Jimmy and Joe's."
We are now in the upper echelon with regards to talent., and it's not just our 1st string. The talent is spread throughout the roster, which was a major reason for us fading the past half decade. You need quality depth to get past injuries. It's easy to say, "next man up," but when your next man is really an inexperienced boy with nowhere near the talent of your downed starter, then you are going to have serious problems, particularly when that substitute needs to be spelled. Our coaching is good to excellent, and most importantly we are a hungry team. We don't have a roster full of underperforming 4-5 star entitled divas. As far as I can tell we don't have any of those cancers.

Again, it's going to be a butt whipping on National television.

How much have you had to drink?

Underperforming, dude our defense is going to kill Malik, the last 4 years we had 4 different looks on defense, in an interview the other day it was said we have over 40 now... You are entitled to give you opinion and I am entitled to tell you you are ******* retarded, Oregon said the same thing in 2011 about being faster and more experienced and LSU beat the brakes off of them... it's going to be a good game... quit lying to yourself about being bigger, faster, AMD strong because yall aren't, you may be slightly faster but stronger and bigger is a false statement

How much have you had to drink?

Underperforming, dude our defense is going to kill Malik, the last 4 years we had 4 different looks on defense, in an interview the other day it was said we have over 40 now... You are entitled to give you opinion and I am entitled to tell you you are ******* retarded, Oregon said the same thing in 2011 about being faster and more experienced and LSU beat the brakes off of them... it's going to be a good game... quit lying to yourself about being bigger, faster, AMD strong because yall aren't, you may be slightly faster but stronger and bigger is a false statement

I keep seeing LSU fans compare this to their game with Oregon in 2011. 2018 LSU is a shell of 2011 LSU talent wise, not to mention the huge downgrade at HC. The only thing this game will have in common with 2011 is the location.

Advertisement
Back