LSU fans sound pretty confident...

Possibly. I think my pessimism stems from the last 4 games of last season. Where our kids should have shown growth but didn't.

We weren’t going to beat Clemson, and Wisky was a pikem with a top 5 team predicated on 3 plays, imo, a game we could have won, but a major disappointment.

You have to take a step back and look at 4 things, when looking at the end of last year.

One is the season as a whole was a success with some big wins.

Secondly, our 2 deep in terms of talent, taking into consideration we don’t have a complete roster (somewhere in the 70’s) - only 2 Richt classes onboard.

Thirdly coupling lack of depth with injuries to key offensive playmakers.

Finally and most importantly, the huge emotional/psychological letdown after 2 huge ‘superbowl” type wins at home. We barely got by Virginia at home, and were mentally absent for Pitt. No excuse for that, but it’s what an immature and inexperienced team does.

Against LSU, this is a more experienced team with which we will obviously have no problem being up for an opener.

My only concern vs LSU is the typical concern for most offenses at the beginning of the season, they’re notoriously slow to get untracked. As long as TOs are not an issue, and we don’t get a very bad QB performance, we should beat them.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We weren’t going to beat Clemson, and Wisky was a pikem with a top 5 team predicated on 3 plays, imo, a game we could have won, but a major disappointment.

You have to take a step back and look at 4 things, when looking at the end of last year.

One is the season as a whole was a success with some big wins.

Secondly, our 2 deep in terms of talent, taking into consideration we don’t have a complete roster (somewhere in the 70’s) - only 2 Richt classes onboard.

Thirdly coupling lack of depth with injuries to key offensive playmakers.

Finally and most importantly, the huge emotional/psychological letdown after 2 huge ‘superbowl” type wins at home. We barely got by Virginia at home, and were mentally absent for Pitt. No excuse for that, but it’s what an immature and inexperienced team does.

Against LSU, this is a more experienced team which which will obvyhave no problem being up for an opener.

My only concern vs LSU is the typical concern for most offenses at the beginning of the season, they’re notoriously slow to get untracked. As long as TOs are not an issue, and we don’t get a very bad QB performance, we should beat them.

:jordan:

Just a thought, but perhaps some of those slow developing routes over the middle would have never developed had their o-line not been allowed to basically break the rules all night.

Saying our LBs and Safeties were "exposed" when the QB regularly had 5 and 6 seconds to throw the ball is just flat out being overly critical of one aspect of the defensive play while at the same time completely ignoring another equally important one.
They weren't slow developing at all.

Advertisement
Our defense was mostly successful because of the big play abilities they had. One of which was being elite at getting to the QB. If that is completely negated then our D was susceptible, as many D’s are when the QB has time to throw. Also when WR’s can push off that also generally leads to a poor defensive performance. But Corch macho has watched the game a few times I’m sure he’s aware.

You're right, bro. Who am I to think that I know what I'm looking at when watching a football game? I only watch film every fvckin' day. I'm definitely mistaken. Their QB had a career day all because of a few missed holding calls.

You're right, bro. Who am I to think that I know what I'm looking at when watching a football game? I only watch film every fvckin' day. I'm definitely mistaken. Their QB had a career day all because of a few missed holding calls.

You may know what you're looking at. Mark D'Onofrio looks at film every day and I wouldn't necessarily trust his opinion on everything. You can't be serious in implying that only someone who watches film every day knows what is and what is not a penalty. The "career day" was by 2 yards, but keep repeating yourself, it's very dramatic.

You may know what you're looking at. Mark D'Onofrio looks at film every day and I wouldn't necessarily trust his opinion on everything. You can't be serious in implying that only someone who watches film every day knows what is and what is not a penalty. The "career day" was by 2 yards, but keep repeating yourself, it's very dramatic.

Who gives a fvck how many yards it was by?

Once again we allowed a mediocre QB to carve us up and a true Freshman WR to have 8 catches for 105 yards.

"We allowed a career day BUT ONLY BY 2 YARDS!"

WTF? LOL

I'm watching the game right now just to verify and make sure I'm not wrong.

Wisconsin has 17 points so far, 5:49 left in the 2nd quarter, and I've seen MAYBE one missed holding call. (and he was nowhere near the QB anyway)
Both of Wisconsin's TD's were catch-and-throw with poor technique by our DB's.

Advertisement
Who gives a fvck how many yards it was by?

Once again we allowed a mediocre QB to carve us up and a true Freshman WR to have 8 catches for 105 yards.

"We allowed a career day BUT ONLY BY 2 YARDS!"

WTF? LOL

Because this is the real world and not ESPN. "Career day" means jack **** when it's by 2 yards. His performance against BYU was probably the best game of his career. Those 2 yards though. But I'll let you and Urban Meyer debate that over your morning coffee tomorrow before your film session.

The first 3rd down I got to there was a flagrant hold on the right tackle. Can't even imagine how much more you're missing. Maybe you should've picked a different career path.

LSU should be confident but not overconfident.

Their interior DL is big and talented. We wont get jack squat inside running the ball. Their LB white is an NFLer. Their DBs are fantastic.

Their OL is new but made up of high rated, talented guys which is more than you can say for us.They alwas seem to do a good job of putting out solid OLs especially in the run game.

Their skill positions are where they've taken a hit. QB will be new. They are predicting Burrows to be the starter with only a fall camp under his belt. No big time RB in the backfield. Wrs are meh. They are banking on a transfer from Texas Tech who made his stats in a Kingsbury offense and a true freshman in Terrance Marshal.

The three things that have to happen for a win:

1. Rosier plays error free or near error free
2. OL holds it own( at least in pass pro)
3.Diaz gets his head out of his *** and stops letting opposing QBs have career days against us.

Now how likely to happen is the above?

16:20 - 3rd down, easy catch-and-throw for a 1st down. Beat Bandy inside. (this was a common theme)
16:30 - We're beat deep. (not in the middle of the field, don't care though)
16:54 - Easy catch-and-throw. 1st down.
17:23 - The play that sticks in everybody's mind and makes them think that we were held the entire game. This is a legit missed holding call. Dean was torched anyway, but if we're not held then it's a sack. Still would like to see us cover a fvckin' soul. Problem is, we already gave up several easy catch-and-throws on this drive to allow Wisky to move the ball to this point.

Wisky has 17 points already and that^ play is the first legit missed holding call.

17:58 - Touchdown. Pitch and catch. No hold.

2nd HALF
23:24 - Catch-and-throw. WR beats Michael Jackson. Terrible technique.
24:07 - Missed holding call. Probably wouldn't have gotten the QB anyway, but still a missed call.
30:08 - Right down the teeth of our defense. Easy catch and throw. 1st down.
30:20 - Over the middle again, beating Redwine. 1st down.
30:42 - Middle of our defense again. Catch-and-throw. 1st down.
31:10 - Catch-and-throw. Touchdown.

Wisconsin - 34 points - 2 questionable calls - one of which they definitely benefited from.
Hardly the reason they won. Quit the bullsh!t.

Like I originally said, WE GAVE THEM ENOUGH PLAYS ON OUR OWN, without help from the refs.
And ultimately, the whole point of referencing the Wisky game was to say that our defense is not hole-less. So I don't know why we're chalking up LSU as a win. You MF's act like Wisky is the first time we allowed a lower tier QB to succeed against us.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The first 3rd down I got to there was a flagrant hold on the right tackle. Can't even imagine how much more you're missing. Maybe you should've picked a different career path.
Maybe your a$$ should watch the whole game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Then you're a bigger excuse maker than I thought.

LOL. This isn't my life man, I wasn't out on the field. I made the observations about what happened, it is what it is. The evidence isn't really disputable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• 9B0AAF42-2C0A-436C-BD61-5ED8A16F5B9A.jpeg
    9B0AAF42-2C0A-436C-BD61-5ED8A16F5B9A.jpeg
    124.5 KB · Views: 4
Advertisement
Back