LSU fans sound pretty confident...

Advertisement
Lol what a freak.
Meh...I give @Coach Macho a hard time on occasion because he's totally against Manny's defensive philosophy, and he doesn't even really try to hide it anymore. Manny's defense is a high risk/high reward system that is going to risk some plays and give up yards in order to make those drive killing plays; TFLs, sacks, and TO's. Macho doesn't really see the payoff and therefore doesn't understand the risk. He sees us getting nickled and dimed up and down the field, and he has a legit *****. I don't think Manny has the personnel to fully implement what he's trying to do...guys who can play that striker position and long, rangy DB's who can hold their own a little better in one on one situations.

I just don't think Macho is ever going to be happy with a system that will purposefully risk giving up a 3rd and 9 in order to get a sack or force a TO.

I'm okay with the risk. Those sacks...they mess with a QB. The TO chain is in everybody's head. Remember Brian Kelley giving his guys a speech about it before the ND game? ****, even a holding penalty...a 3rd and 9 that's suddenly 3rd and 19 can change the entire complexion of a game. It can push a team out of FG range, or it can push them into a bad punting position.

I'd like to see us cover the field better, and I think we will.

16:20 - 3rd down, easy catch-and-throw for a 1st down. Beat Bandy inside. (this was a common theme)
16:30 - We're beat deep. (not in the middle of the field, don't care though)
16:54 - Easy catch-and-throw. 1st down.
17:23 - The play that sticks in everybody's mind and makes them think that we were held the entire game. This is a legit missed holding call. Dean was torched anyway, but if we're not held then it's a sack. Still would like to see us cover a fvckin' soul. Problem is, we already gave up several easy catch-and-throws on this drive to allow Wisky to move the ball to this point.

Wisky has 17 points already and that^ play is the first legit missed holding call.

17:58 - Touchdown. Pitch and catch. No hold.

2nd HALF
23:24 - Catch-and-throw. WR beats Michael Jackson. Terrible technique.
24:07 - Missed holding call. Probably wouldn't have gotten the QB anyway, but still a missed call.
30:08 - Right down the teeth of our defense. Easy catch and throw. 1st down.
30:20 - Over the middle again, beating Redwine. 1st down.
30:42 - Middle of our defense again. Catch-and-throw. 1st down.
31:10 - Catch-and-throw. Touchdown.

Wisconsin - 34 points - 2 questionable calls - one of which they definitely benefited from.
Hardly the reason they won. Quit the bullsh!t.

Like I originally said, WE GAVE THEM ENOUGH PLAYS ON OUR OWN, without help from the refs.
And ultimately, the whole point of referencing the Wisky game was to say that our defense is not hole-less. So I don't know why we're chalking up LSU as a win. You MF's act like Wisky is the first time we allowed a lower tier QB to succeed against us.

We didn't get enough pressure with the D line, their QB was masterful at sliding in the pocket to buy time, and there were several incredible pitch and catch plays Wisconsin made for TDs; their QB flat-out played a **** of a game and put the ball on his dudes over and over.

When you're playing against that you'd at least hope to have a blatant holding penalty call, especially at a critical point in the game.

Also, anyone who watched that game and thinks Richt can't coach offense hasn't got a clue. What he was able to get out of Malik has been nothing short of amazing and I can't think of anyone who could have done better. Absolutely incredible job Richt has done with an offense that can't convert 3&1. If our OL can hold blocks just a little longer, we're gonna be a tough team to beat this year.

16:20 - 3rd down, easy catch-and-throw for a 1st down. Beat Bandy inside. (this was a common theme)
17:23 - The play that sticks in everybody's mind and makes them think that we were held the entire game. This is a legit missed holding call. Dean was torched anyway, but if we're not held then it's a sack. Still would like to see us cover a fvckin' soul. Problem is, we already gave up several easy catch-and-throws on this drive to allow Wisky to move the ball to this point.

Wisky has 17 points already and that^ play is the first legit missed holding call.

2nd HALF
24:07 - Missed holding call. Probably wouldn't have gotten the QB anyway, but still a missed call.

Wisconsin - 34 points - 2 questionable calls - one of which they definitely benefited from.

Like I originally said, WE GAVE THEM ENOUGH PLAYS ON OUR OWN, without help from the refs.
And ultimately, the whole point of referencing the Wisky game was to say that our defense is not hole-less. So I don't know why we're chalking up LSU as a win. You MF's act like Wisky is the first time we allowed a lower tier QB to succeed against us.

LSU d coordinator is licking his lips knowing his has safe Mark Richt in his cross hairs.

Advertisement

2nd HALF

You nailed this and we've talked about this via text...good post

I try to look at match-ups. I don't really care about records or stats as much.

Say whatever you want about their head coach or their record, at the end of the day LSU always has dogs on defense. Their front-7 versus our OL is not a match-up I like. This could easily be another Pitt game.
And as far as our "elite" defense versus their "anemic" offense is concerned, we allowed Wisconsin (a running team) to carve us up through the air, so there's no telling which defense will show up against LSU. You don't necessarily need to be a juggernaut on offense to succeed against our defense. There's holes to be exploited.

And unlike us, they sought help for their offense during the off season.

I'm not sure what makes some of you think that we'll just walk all over them.

The truth!

Our defense is too much feast or famine.

Hold 5.png

Hold #1 - 18 yard reception

Hold 3.png

Hold #2 - 6 yard reception. Would've put them at 1st & 20. They scored on this drive, but I'll just deduct the 6 yards.

PI 1.png

Blatant push off from WR. 16 yard reception + TD

hold 1.png

Hold #3 - 21 yard reception. Would've been 3rd and 21, and they scored on this drive as well. Will deduct the 6 yards and TD that followed.

This was just from the first half. Hornibrook's numbers are already down to 192 yards and 2 TD. But keep going with the "Career day" and the penalties (or lack thereof) played no role. No point in even doing the 2nd half.

Advertisement
Meh...I give @Coach Macho a hard time on occasion because he's totally against Manny's defensive philosophy, and he doesn't even really try to hide it anymore. Manny's defense is a high risk/high reward system that is going to risk some plays and give up yards in order to make those drive killing plays; TFLs, sacks, and TO's. Macho doesn't really see the payoff and therefore doesn't understand the risk. He sees us getting nickled and dimed up and down the field, and he has a legit *****. I don't think Manny has the personnel to fully implement what he's trying to do...guys who can play that striker position and long, rangy DB's who can hold their own a little better in one on one situations.

I just don't think Macho is ever going to be happy with a system that will purposefully risk giving up a 3rd and 9 in order to get a sack or force a TO.

I'm okay with the risk. Those sacks...they mess with a QB. The TO chain is in everybody's head. Remember Brian Kelley giving his guys a speech about it before the ND game? ****, even a holding penalty...a 3rd and 9 that's suddenly 3rd and 19 can change the entire complexion of a game. It can push a team out of FG range, or it can push them into a bad punting position.

I'd like to see us cover the field better, and I think we will.

Huh? I don't have a problem with Manny's overall philosophy. Only thing I ever gripe about is our inability to cover the middle of the field, mainly due to the fact that our LB's stare at the QB rather than getting their eyes to the receivers.

I'm fine with pretty much everything else we do.

View attachment 60884

Hold #1 - 18 yard reception

View attachment 60883

Hold #2 - 6 yard reception. Would've put them at 1st & 20. They scored on this drive, but I'll just deduct the 6 yards.

View attachment 60885
Blatant push off from WR. 16 yard reception + TD

View attachment 60886

Hold #3 - 21 yard reception. Would've been 3rd and 21, and they scored on this drive as well. Will deduct the 6 yards and TD that followed.

This was just from the first half. Hornibrook's numbers are already down to 192 yards and 2 TD. But keep going with the "Career day" and the penalties (or lack thereof) played no role. No point in even doing the 2nd half.
Good post.
The int where the db slingshotted himself with cager when we were in the end zone too

Both are right, the d didn’t play good but the non penalty calls definitely impacted the game period

Last edited:
Advertisement
The int where the db slingshotted himself with cager when we were in the end zone too

No doubt there were missed calls on offense too. This was just to show why the Wisconsin QB had a "career day" since corch missed them on his numerous film reviews.

Good post.

Both are right, the d didn’t play good but the non penalty calls defintiely impacted the game period
That was a terrible no-call but if Rosier puts the ball where it's supposed to be it's a non issue. Just like the missed holding calls are a none issue if we cover Wisconsin's 4.7 forty skill players.

No doubt there were missed calls on offense too. This was just to show why the Wisconsin QB had a "career day" since corch missed them on his numerous film reviews.
I didn't miss them. I noted **** near every play for you a few posts up. (not subjective screenshots either)
You actually referenced a couple plays that I already commented on. SMH

Advertisement
Ultimately, you guys are so focused on defending the **** Wisky game that you're missing the original point. This defense is far from flawless and the Wisconsin game is not the first time we've struggled to defend the intermediate/middle of the field.

Get off the Wisky game.

There were several of us that wanted Beardy Ryan to take over for Doritos half way through....It's documented.

I didn't miss them. I noted **** near every play for you a few posts up. (not subjective screenshots either)
You actually referenced a couple plays that I already commented on. SMH

You should look up what subjective means. The screenshots were showing the penalties, which is what I was talking about. Your interpretation of the plays in your post is what is subjective.

Anyway, you "noted" the one holding call (the 21 yard reception on 3rd down). I added it in because I was showing you the degree to which the penalties impacted the QB's final stats. If you don't believe those were penalties, then that's a different story. But if you believe those were penalties and that they STILL did not cause him to have a "career day", then you're just someone that facts cannot convince.

Ultimately, you guys are so focused on defending the **** Wisky game that you're missing the original point. This defense is far from flawless and the Wisconsin game is not the first time we've struggled to defend the intermediate/middle of the field.

Get off the Wisky game.

If you would've just admitted it was a bad example and said this instead, we could've agreed a long time ago.

Advertisement
Back