LSU fans sound pretty confident...

I wouldn't get overconfident. Last time we played them, we were favored by 5.5 and we completely got our a$$es handed to us. We lost our last three games and have no idea what we have on offense and lost some decent players on defense. I hope CMR has them ready to play but these games against pretty good SEC talent iare never a sure thing. There will also be 5 to 1 LSU fans to Miami so thisgame is no gimme for UM. I am hoping to get the fawk out of Dallas with a W. JMHO.

and that was with soft-minded clappy as coach, we have way less to worry about then them...so what they will have 5 to 1 fans, we will roll them. if we lose its on coaching and I don't see that happening. This will be like when we mud stumped them when former Cane Mike Archer as coach. We rolling!!!

Advertisement
That LSU D-Line is scary. No joke. That LB they have -- Chaisson -- is outstanding. He is basically just an extra Pass Rusher. They will send him at Malik four 4 Quarters.

Strangely enough, minus the Clemson, game our pedestrian OL rose to the challenge against the better teams and got pushed around by the inferior ones.
Yeah the clemson, Pittsburgh and unc games were unexplainable period.
They blocked well enough against defenses that were talented like va tech, FSU, Notre Dame, Wisconsin(that game wasn’t on the oline period). That’s what ease my mind about them, are they an elite group? No but they blocked generally well outside of 3 games or so on the season

I try to look at match-ups. I don't really care about records or stats as much.

Say whatever you want about their head coach or their record, at the end of the day LSU always has dogs on defense. Their front-7 versus our OL is not a match-up I like. This could easily be another Pitt game.
And as far as our "elite" defense versus their "anemic" offense is concerned, we allowed Wisconsin (a running team) to carve us up through the air, so there's no telling which defense will show up against LSU. You don't necessarily need to be a juggernaut on offense to succeed against our defense. There's holes to be exploited.

And unlike us, they sought help for their offense during the off season.

I'm not sure what makes some of you think that we'll just walk all over them.

LMAO. Yeah, if LSU can strangle our defensive ends all night they'll "carve us up" too.

Advertisement

Say whatever you want about their head coach or their record, at the end of the day LSU always has dogs on defense. Their front-7 versus our OL is not a match-up I like. This could easily be another Pitt game.
And as far as our "elite" defense versus their "anemic" offense is concerned, we allowed Wisconsin (a running team) to carve us up through the air, so there's no telling which defense will show up against LSU. You don't necessarily need to be a juggernaut on offense to succeed against our defense. There's holes to be exploited.

Valid points about their d-line or front 7 vs our O-line.

Comparison to Pitt game last year is way off. That’s a “one-of” that’s hard to compare to any future games, for various reasons, most which I won’t belabor here save one which is rarely mentioned but important nonetheless: attitude. You could feel the lack of urgency in that game from the jump.

Frame of mind going into Pitt for the entire team sucked going into that game, and anyone that doesn’t think that’s a factor doesn’t understand how important that aspect is. Not an excuse, but a fact of life in athletic competitions: letdown performances are a real thing.

That will not be an issue, obviously, in this game.

We'll never be fully back until the soft shouldered are clutching their pearls. Wait until I break out the "harsh" material in the various watering holes of Dallas.

I just pray you don’t experience what I did in 93 in New Orleans during the championship game lolol. Nah I don’t believe you will I truly believe we will roll them. Guy can’t coach and they don’t have the talent like in the past.

Coach I appreciate what you are saying, I find it funny what you are saying about them having dogs on defense, they are not the same dogs of a few years ago. Wisconsin is not even close to a good comparison.Aso we played with our best two offensive weapons in street close.

This game will be won/lost with the running games.IF we can run and IF we can stop theirs.

Don’t think our OL will be able to give Rosier a lot of time and I don’t think Richt is going to trust him to throw the ball all over anyways.

LSU is going to run at us because they DO have a good OL and are in the same boat at QB as we are..without much of one and that’s just what they do.

Run the ball and stop the run and we win.Not rocket science how you beat the Tiggers.

Advertisement
Coach I appreciate what you are saying, I find it funny what you are saying about them having dogs on defense, they are not the same dogs of a few years ago. Wisconsin is not even close to a good comparison.Aso we played with our best two offensive weapons in street close.
Best 3(walton, Herndon, richards) in addition to that I dont Like blaming the refs but they absolutely made game changing calls in that game period, the non holds and the non pass interference call that resulted in an int when he slingshotted himself to intercept malik. That **** added up and clearly affected that game

Best 3(walton, Herndon, richards) in addition to that I dont Like blaming the refs but they absolutely made game changing calls in that game period, the non holds and the non pass interference call that resulted in an int when he slingshotted himself to intercept malik. That **** added up and clearly affected that game

No one likes blaming the refs, but when they're scoring converting 3rd downs and scoring touchdowns instead of punting the ball, it affects the score and the "performance" of the defense. There was also an obvious push off on one of their TD's. The officiating was an absolute joke, we wouldn't have beaten many teams that night.

No one likes blaming the refs, but when they're scoring converting 3rd downs and scoring touchdowns instead of punting the ball, it affects the score and the "performance" of the defense. There was also an obvious push off on one of their TD's. The officiating was an absolute joke, we wouldn't have beaten many teams that night.
Exactly

Malik and this offense need to protect the ball. OL needs to play inspired; they dont have much depth after their starters so if we can establish a run game that would also be key. The D needs to forget those last three games and play like they practice, which should be 100%.

Anyone predicting a blowout must be mistaken. LSU doesn't allow a lot of points. We have to win the turnover battle.

Advertisement
Malik and this offense need to protect the ball. OL needs to play inspired; they dont have much depth after their starters so if we can establish a run game that would also be key. The D needs to forget those last three games and play like they practice, which should be 100%.

Anyone predicting a blowout must be mistaken. LSU doesn't allow a lot of points. We have to win the turnover battle.

We blew out way better teams than LSU last year. LSU is not good. Calm down.

Neither teams fans should be confident going into this game. Both teams have a lot of question marks. Same with the coaches.

Advertisement
Lol not at all. What a stupid comment.

Solid argument.

I also get tired of people pointing out that Richards wasn't playing late last year. He didn't play a lot last year and many of the games he got in for, it was temporary. Our coaches knew what they may or may not get out of him and their collective salaries say they should've planned appropriately.

We used to make fun of teams fans when they would list someone unavailable for our game. Now, a lot of you, have become those same fans we used to mock.

We blew out way better teams than LSU last year. LSU is not good. Calm down.
We also lost to a less-talented Pitt team. What's your point?

They are known to be a physical team. How have we've performed against physical teams recently? Not to mention they will most likely be the most talented team on our schedule outside of FSU and Clemson in the ACCCG.

I have to say this is strange... I can’t find a single person who thinks LSU will do something next year, I can find several experts who think we are/ close to top ten but we should be afraid of LSU?

Advertisement
Back