LSU fans sound pretty confident...

If all time records are pointless, why keep them?
A lot of sports pundits are saying LSU will have the best defense we will see this year.
That is why i wouldn't be surprised if we lost. ?QB, OL are major concerns.
I actually feel FSU will be the best D we see..

What did they say about Notre Dame last year?

Advertisement
This game is the perfect barometer for our program at this point in time.

We will know a lot afterwards.

I think this too.

Then I also think sometimes early games are not always necessarily great barometers.

Take Ohio State and their 2014 home opener vs Vag Tech, a team they should have easily beaten AT THEIR OWN HOUSE. They lost by two touchdowns. Then went on to win the NC. While VagTech went on to go 7-6, including a blowout loss to an Al Golden Hurricanes team at Lane stadium on a Thursday night!

So that particular game literally told us nothing. In fact, it told us the opposite.

Those are valid reasons why you think we would lose.

Not:
9-3 LSU alltime.
Wouldn't surprise me if they won.

All time records are not pointless.
I get into stats and records.

The LSU/Miami all-time record, with the last game being 13 years ago, has zero impact on this game.
What did they say about Notre Dame last year?
They had 2 first round O-lineman,,& they did.
Is this supposed to be a pop quiz?.

Advertisement
So, it's not okay

Your all over the map.
Troy is a "nice" team...FROM THE SUNBELT CONFERENCE.
Who cares is they stayed close to Clemson.
THEY LOST TO SOUTH ALABAMA.

Throw a team at me like Syracuse, who actually beat Clemson.
Never mind...we beat Syracuse.
We beat Syracuse because i prayed harder.
Being all over the map makes me harder to hit..

The game is won or lost on Malik’s performance as most of Big games will be.

Manny does need to tighten up the defense a bit aswell. But I think they will be ready considering most starters have been in the system for 2+ years.

hahaa shoutout lord sear i still can't listen to homie lol i rock with rude jude tho

Haha same bro. Sear just has an annoying *** voice that sounds exactly like that dude in the video. I think he talks like that on purpose though because I seen some other videos and he doesn't sound like that lol. Jude is my guy though. I am glad he got his own show without sear. Whenever I am in the car around 4-6 I will listen to it lol.

Advertisement
Just saying. Our Defense, although good, wasn’t one of the top D’s as you previously put it. If Wisconsin, Clemson, Virginia, Toledo, can light up our Defense, LSU has a shot to be successful against us. In fact, their D was better than ours. Hopefully, our Defense takes that next step and dominates their mediocre Offense.

Isn’t LSU favored for this game? Not sure why Miami fans are so overconfident.

You comparing LSU offense to those, that’s funny as ****.

The game is won or lost on Malik’s performance as most of Big games will be.

Manny does need to tighten up the defense a bit aswell. But I think they will be ready considering most starters have been in the system for 2+ years.

No coverage busts no problems for us.. We beat ourselves a lot on defense last year

Advertisement
I try to look at match-ups. I don't really care about records or stats as much.

Say whatever you want about their head coach or their record, at the end of the day LSU always has dogs on defense. Their front-7 versus our OL is not a match-up I like. This could easily be another Pitt game.
And as far as our "elite" defense versus their "anemic" offense is concerned, we allowed Wisconsin (a running team) to carve us up through the air, so there's no telling which defense will show up against LSU. You don't necessarily need to be a juggernaut on offense to succeed against our defense. There's holes to be exploited.

And unlike us, they sought help for their offense during the off season.

I'm not sure what makes some of you think that we'll just walk all over them.

Malik should play well and the defense should play fast based on experience coming back. We already know what []__[] can do with a poor offensive line, streaky QB, and limited depth at offensive skill positions; which was good enough to compete at a fairly high level last season.

Come 9/2 I expect Miami's offense to be more fluid and consistent with execution, a little better at run-blocking, and have more playmakers across the board on offense. I say that based on the talent infusion, another offseason in the strength & condition program, and position depth that creates better competition. We should be able to create and exploit 1 on 1s all over the field, and I hope (as a theme) Richt gets the ball to playmakers in space early on.

These first games are about having an identity offensively and knowing what you do well, playing a disciplined game without excessive penalties or turnovers, and not giving up big plays on specials or defense. Nothing particularly ****.

I think, as a program, Miami has been building toward a consistent style of play (like it or not) for the last couple years and shown incremental improvement along the way. The offensive line and QB position are not where they need to be but I think we're getting closer to where Mark Richt wants to go and should see better play this season.

Meanwhile, LSU has their 3rd OC in 3 years as they try to evolve from pro-style (I formation Les Miles ran) to spread concepts started by Matt Canada (out after 1 year) and now continued by Steve Ensminger. Despite the evolving offense they recruit talented players and Ensminger has been there in some capacity since 2010, both of which should help buffer the growing pains come game one.

I see Miami as the program with a little more identity come 9/2 and expect that to be the difference in the game.

Advertisement
I try to look at match-ups. I don't really care about records or stats as much.

Say whatever you want about their head coach or their record, at the end of the day LSU always has dogs on defense. Their front-7 versus our OL is not a match-up I like. This could easily be another Pitt game.
And as far as our "elite" defense versus their "anemic" offense is concerned, we allowed Wisconsin (a running team) to carve us up through the air, so there's no telling which defense will show up against LSU. You don't necessarily need to be a juggernaut on offense to succeed against our defense. There's holes to be exploited.

And unlike us, they sought help for their offense during the off season.

I'm not sure what makes some of you think that we'll just walk all over them.
I don't think anyone said the game would be a cake walk however just like they have their advantages we have ours as well. Their oc they just brought in is a downgrade compared to Matt Canada period

That LSU D-Line is scary. No joke. That LB they have -- Chaisson -- is outstanding. He is basically just an extra Pass Rusher. They will send him at Malik four 4 Quarters.

Strangely enough, minus the Clemson, game our pedestrian OL rose to the challenge against the better teams and got pushed around by the inferior ones.

Advertisement
Back