LSU fans sound pretty confident...

Our 1st thru 3-4 teams must prepare as if all teams are starting and seeing action.

I’m banking on platooning relentlessly so everyone get on the field that has talent to compete.

Over all our 78 is Bigger , faster , more talented and in better shape then there 85.

This I was basically trying to explain , we cannot be afraid to throw the playbook at them ATTACKING in all phases till they fall apart.

GOCANES

Advertisement
We should beat them.

Something like 24-14, but since its the opener and at their house, probably 24-20.

Dont underestimate SEC refs and LSU home advantage.

Terragon , awesome point WOW I failed to take this into account.

We’ve got to prepare for refs attacking also .

Glad you brought this up in team meetings 🙌🙌🙌.

GOCANES

Troy won 11 games last year, 10 the year before.
Neal Brown is an up & coming coach..

Name the teams Troy beat other than LSU.
South Alabama isn't one of them. They beat Troy.
LSU was their only P5 win.

We should honestly be hoping to blow them out. That LSU team probably finishes 4th or maybe even 5th in the SEC west. Alabama, A&M, Auburn, Miss St could all be better then LSU given they lost a bunch of key guys. They probably are 5th-6th of in the SEC because Georgia will be good and South Carolina could be good this year.

0 & 1 over the last 13 years..

Haha!....what?

My point was how pointless all-time records are, especially when the last game was played 13 years ago.
ZERO impact. None.
But you "wouldn't be surprised" LSU wins because of our 3-9 record against them.

While we're in the history books, go to the game before the '05 game.
Where the '88 Canes gave the Tigers one of the worst beatin's at home in the history of their program.
Good times, no?

Advertisement
Haha!....what?

My point was how pointless all-time records are, especially when the last game was played 13 years ago.
ZERO impact. None.
But you "wouldn't be surprised" LSU wins because of our 3-9 record against them.

While we're in the history books, go to the game before the '05 game.
Where the '88 Canes gave the Tigers one of the worst beatin's at home in the history of their program.
Good times, no?
If all time records are pointless, why keep them?
A lot of sports pundits are saying LSU will have the best defense we will see this year.
That is why i wouldn't be surprised if we lost. ?QB, OL are major concerns.
I actually feel FSU will be the best D we see..

Name the teams Troy beat other than LSU.
South Alabama isn't one of them. They beat Troy.
LSU was their only P5 win.
Look up the Sunbelt Conference, I'm not your step & fetch it.
In 2016, they stayed within 6 points of Clemson,, something we haven't done in recent memory..

Advertisement
If the teams were

Uhh, it's neutral site game and the refs will likely not be from either conference.

I think most people are saying home advantage because of attendance. While I think we’ll have a good showing, probably our best ever other than the postseason, we’re still probably talking, and I’m guessing here, 15k max.

Compared to probably somwhere in the neighborhood of 45k-50k at least for LSU fans who have to travel from a much closer distance, either a short flight or even a 6 hour drive. Plus much bigger school, they travel better, etc, etc.

Yea, we’ll be outnumbered 3 to 1. Or more. Please somebody prove me wrong because I hope I am.

In 2016, they stayed within 6 points of Clemson,, something we haven't done in recent memory..

Oh wow, impressive! Same 2016 team that needed a last minute TD to beat App State? Yeah, I think so. Wonder what would've happened if we played App State in 2016. Bunch of high quality teams.

It’s going to be a tight game. Opening day, the offenses will be behind and sloppy and factor that with the D-Line talent on both sides and were looking at a 17-13/14-10 type game.

Only way it gets out of hand if QB on either side completely ***** the bed throwing picks.

This is a tough game to predict there are a lot of unknowns. LSU's front 7 against our OLINE is a match up the scares me anyone saying otherwise isn't being realistic. We should be able to stifle there offense but Kurt Benkurt and Pickett from Pitt looked like all Americans against us so I'm not as confident as others that we are going to just shut them down completely. We have the more talented team overall but the issues on the oline concern me. If Boulware can come in provide a physical upgrade that would go along way for both this game and the season overall. We need Malik to come out and not sh** the bed otherwise we are in trouble and I'm not sure he is going to play well against a defense of there caliber. I think we win but it's going to be a dog fight unless Rosier has made some serious strides this off season

Advertisement
I wouldn't get overconfident. Last time we played them, we were favored by 5.5 and we completely got our a$$es handed to us. We lost our last three games and have no idea what we have on offense and lost some decent players on defense. I hope CMR has them ready to play but these games against pretty good SEC talent iare never a sure thing. There will also be 5 to 1 LSU fans to Miami so thisgame is no gimme for UM. I am hoping to get the fawk out of Dallas with a W. JMHO.

I'm definitely in that camp. Different time, different place, but I can remember leaving ATL after getting ****canned by L$U feeling almost as ****ed as the last game at the OB.

They believe that we are not up to $EC "standards" in S&C and like many UFag, UGA and other fans, don't believe Richt presents that big of a challenge. Add a very mediocre Senior QB and underwhelming OL...and they feel superior with a transfer QB, like what Auburn pulled off last year.

We need to punch them in the face fast and apply foot to ****** throat.

UM

No you didn't,, what does a UF game from 4 yrs ago have to do with LSUs 2018 defense?
Nothing,, which is why i rated your post as DUMB..

So, it's not okay

Your all over the map.
Troy is a "nice" team...FROM THE SUNBELT CONFERENCE.
Who cares is they stayed close to Clemson.
THEY LOST TO SOUTH ALABAMA.

Throw a team at me like Syracuse, who actually beat Clemson.
Never mind...we beat Syracuse.

Advertisement
If all time records are pointless, why keep them?
A lot of sports pundits are saying LSU will have the best defense we will see this year.
That is why i wouldn't be surprised if we lost. ?QB, OL are major concerns.
I actually feel FSU will be the best D we see..

Those are valid reasons why you think we would lose.

Not:
9-3 LSU alltime.
Wouldn't surprise me if they won.

All time records are not pointless.
I get into stats and records.

The LSU/Miami all-time record, with the last game being 13 years ago, has zero impact on this game.

Wait, even better....

In 2016 Troy stayed within 6 points of Clemson, so that makes them a decent program, in your mind, and you see it acceptable that LSU lost to Troy.
Got it.

Pittsburgh BEAT Clemson in 2016.

"With a 10-0 record,, we lost to Pitt.
PITT? Are you kidding me?
After that Egg Lay, i won't Diss any opponent.."

This is a tough game to predict there are a lot of unknowns. LSU's front 7 against our OLINE is a match up the scares me anyone saying otherwise isn't being realistic. We should be able to stifle there offense but Kurt Benkurt and Pickett from Pitt looked like all Americans against us so I'm not as confident as others that we are going to just shut them down completely. We have the more talented team overall but the issues on the oline concern me. If Boulware and Reed can come in provide a physical upgrade that would go along way for both this game and the season overall. We need Malik to come out and not sh** the bed otherwise we are in trouble and I'm not sure he is going to play well against a defense of there caliber. I think we win but it's going to be a dog fight unless Rosier has made some serious strides this off season
FIFY

Advertisement
Back