LSU Fall Practice Info Drop Thread

Richt's offense typically sputters against defenses with elite talent. Points are gonna be hard to come by imo. Only way we beat them handily (by double digits?) is if we hold their offense to less than 10 points imo.

Advertisement
I come in peace and want to learn a little about this Miami team I know nothing about and maybe share some info on the tigers. I think it will be a great game. Seeing the comments on the RB situation at LSU. Yes it isn't near the quality of the last few teams, but the talent is there. CEH is a stud. He's been waiting his time and will be a handful for Miami. Behind him it's average at best. I'm not a fan of Brossette, but Curry I think will do well at LSU once he learns the offense. Leonard Fournettes younger brother is a serviceable back and I think will get some playing time if given the opportunity. The reason you are hearing LSU focus more on the WR's is because they are loaded. Chase is going to be a real good player and may even start as a true freshman. He just has it. Giles, the transfer from Texas Tech had to sit out last year and he has been awarded the #7 jersey which doesn't mean anything to fans from opposing teams, but that means he will be the face of the WR core. This is probable the deepest they have been in a while and IMO more loaded then the couple years we had Jarvis Landry and Beckham. The entire defense is really good this year. Even better than last year and the draft took a lot of talent. The Dline for the first time in a while has a lot of depth so they will be fresh all game where last year it wasn't the case and it had a big impact in a couple games. The LB core is lead by Devin White and will be an early 1st round pick after the season barring injury. The secondary is lead by Greedy Williams who is our lock down corner and another early 1st round pick, but the talent drops after him unless the NCAA reinstates Fulton (was the top DB come out of high school a few years ago) which I believe is looking at his appeal any day now. IF he plays this season he will be the starter opposite Greedy which would be huge for LSU. If both defenses live up to their hype I don't see either team scoring more than 20 points. I'm really thinking about dropping a grand on the under for this game.
Get your Ragin Cagin a** out of here!

Just kidding. If Fulton isnt reinstated, who starts opposite Greedy? Also, is Fulton allowed to work out with the team while he's under investigation?

I forgot to mention LSU's qb situation. I think Burrow will be solid at the position, but it will be a tough spot to play him in game 1 against an elite defense. He is very mature and smart so I don't think he will have a problem learning Esminger's offense. I think he would have started at Ohio St had he stayed, but I think he bolted when he wasn't told by Urban he would be the guaranteed starter. The fact he graduated in 3 years and wouldn't have to sit out made his decision to seek another school a lot easier. Am I concerned he hasn't started any games? You bet I am. But he has the size and talent to get it done. The little film I've seen of him has me excited. Question on your Oline. Reading some of your posts it seems like many Miami fans are concerned about the Oline. I really think LSU can take advantage of that. I believe Richt will have to scheme and call a lot of short routes and throws early to really assess how the line is holding up.

Advertisement
Richt's offense typically sputters against defenses with elite talent. Points are gonna be hard to come by imo. Only way we beat them handily (by double digits?) is if we hold their offense to less than 10 points imo.

Lsu is capable of holding itself to ten points.

Fulton has been practicing the entire time and I think he's just as good as Greedy. If he isn't reinstated then I think Kary Vincent starts opposite Greedy. Netherly could get the start as well. Both are talented and will play in a dime package if Fulton plays.

Advertisement
I come in peace and want to learn a little about this Miami team I know nothing about and maybe share some info on the tigers. I think it will be a great game. Seeing the comments on the RB situation at LSU. Yes it isn't near the quality of the last few teams, but the talent is there. CEH is a stud. He's been waiting his time and will be a handful for Miami. Behind him it's average at best. I'm not a fan of Brossette, but Curry I think will do well at LSU once he learns the offense. Leonard Fournettes younger brother is a serviceable back and I think will get some playing time if given the opportunity. The reason you are hearing LSU focus more on the WR's is because they are loaded. Chase is going to be a real good player and may even start as a true freshman. He just has it. Giles, the transfer from Texas Tech had to sit out last year and he has been awarded the #7 jersey which doesn't mean anything to fans from opposing teams, but that means he will be the face of the WR core. This is probable the deepest they have been in a while and IMO more loaded then the couple years we had Jarvis Landry and Beckham. The entire defense is really good this year. Even better than last year and the draft took a lot of talent. The Dline for the first time in a while has a lot of depth so they will be fresh all game where last year it wasn't the case and it had a big impact in a couple games. The LB core is lead by Devin White and will be an early 1st round pick after the season barring injury. The secondary is lead by Greedy Williams who is our lock down corner and another early 1st round pick, but the talent drops after him unless the NCAA reinstates Fulton (was the top DB come out of high school a few years ago) which I believe is looking at his appeal any day now. IF he plays this season he will be the starter opposite Greedy which would be huge for LSU. If both defenses live up to their hype I don't see either team scoring more than 20 points. I'm really thinking about dropping a grand on the under for this game.

Don't be a puhssy, put that grand on lsu to win. All that talent, should be easy money.

This is a game that should be penciled in as a win. LSU isn't even ranked. There is a reason for that. They are questionable at best on O and there D will have the carry them. Now I don't think anyone should be saying this will be a blowout, but this should be a game that we feel comfortable saying is a W.

I've heard, read, and understand the points you have made. But we have a major questions on offense as well. OL and QB are Major points of concern against good defensive teams which LSU always is. I'm not buying the notion that LSU has 0 playmakers and we are playing 11 vs 0. Just like we have some unproven guys at CB , offensive line, and honestly at the WR spot outside of Ahmon. They have guys who will fill their voids and lineup as do we.

Yes we have mad talent and depth but to this date if you are an LSU fan you really only get scared by Ahmon Richards. He's a household name. Berrios and Richards were household names. We got guys more than capable of stepping up as do they. Your not getting scared or game planning around dudes with less than 400 yards. As of today we have Ahmon and a bunch of other guys fighting to lock down the rest of the spots. I wouldn't be surprised to see a freshman emerge as the number 2 WR.

That's all to say that this game shouldn't be taken for granted one of our biggest games in years and opportunity to make a statement for all the SEC fanboys of the world. Winning this game would give our kids loads of confidence for the season. Even Mark Richt doesn't take the game lightly but our fans do? On the interview a few weeks back Richt said "Oh man I guess we scheduled that game"

We SHOULD win. But don't take these cats lightly they've been horrible on offense for many years now and still was winning 10 and 11 games.

Advertisement
I forgot to mention LSU's qb situation. I think Burrow will be solid at the position, but it will be a tough spot to play him in game 1 against an elite defense. He is very mature and smart so I don't think he will have a problem learning Esminger's offense. I think he would have started at Ohio St had he stayed, but I think he bolted when he wasn't told by Urban he would be the guaranteed starter. The fact he graduated in 3 years and wouldn't have to sit out made his decision to seek another school a lot easier. Am I concerned he hasn't started any games? You bet I am. But he has the size and talent to get it done. The little film I've seen of him has me excited. Question on your Oline. Reading some of your posts it seems like many Miami fans are concerned about the Oline. I really think LSU can take advantage of that. I believe Richt will have to scheme and call a lot of short routes and throws early to really assess how the line is holding up.
I actually think LSU has the same problem as Miami, your OL won't be great (Ed Ingram suspended) and we have a better DL than your OL. I think your DL will be better than our OL so that's a wash. Lets not get it twisted, LSU has a lot of talent. I know, I live in Lafayette, LA but you are talking about unproven QB, WR's, & RB's vs a veteran Miami team in the first game of the season. I think the QB play will decide the game and our guy has been in huge games (Notre Dame, Florida State, Clemson, & Wisconsin)

I've heard, read, and understand the points you have made. But we have a major questions on offense as well. OL and QB are Major points of concern against good defensive teams which LSU always is. I'm not buying the notion that LSU has 0 playmakers and we are playing 11 vs 0. Just like we have some unproven guys at CB , offensive line, and honestly at the WR spot outside of Ahmon. They have guys who will fill their voids and lineup as do we.

Yes we have mad talent and depth but to this date if you are an LSU fan you really only get scared by Ahmon Richards. He's a household name. Berrios and Richards were household names. We got guys more than capable of stepping up as do they. Your not getting scared or game planning around dudes with less than 400 yards. As of today we have Ahmon and a bunch of other guys fighting to lock down the rest of the spots. I wouldn't be surprised to see a freshman emerge as the number 2 WR.

That's all to say that this game shouldn't be taken for granted one of our biggest games in years and opportunity to make a statement for all the SEC fanboys of the world. Winning this game would give our kids loads of confidence for the season. Even Mark Richt doesn't take the game lightly but our fans do? On the interview a few weeks back Richt said "Oh man I guess we scheduled that game"

We SHOULD win. But don't take these cats lightly they've been horrible on offense for many years now and still was winning 10 and 11 games.
I agree with everything you said, we should win. I think it all comes down to QB play for both teams, best QB wins. I do think we have a better change to win with average QB play when compared to LSU just because they have unproven talent. It's okay for some foolish fans to take this game lightly but as long as the players and coaches don't we will be on the right track.

Advertisement
Fulton has been practicing the entire time and I think he's just as good as Greedy. If he isn't reinstated then I think Kary Vincent starts opposite Greedy. Netherly could get the start as well. Both are talented and will play in a dime package if Fulton plays.

A few questions..

How does the fanbase feel about McMillan overall as a QB? Is he a game manager or a guy who can make things happen?

In your opinion, is LSU going to a 3-4-5 WR set offense because of the lack of an elite RB to carry the offense or was it something Coach O has been wanting to do?

We hear a lot about White and Williams..Who are some guys across the DLine that LSU folks are excited about?

And is it true that LSU is looking to play 2 true freshmen at WR? Is that because they are just better then the other guys or lack of depth?

I appreciate you posting, I'd just recommend hitting this key on occasion

main-qimg-6f9609c0b67e610fa7ba88caea7a7fc2-c.jpg

f*uck off!!

Good questions. Coach O stated they were going to 5 wide sets regardless of the RB situation. That has a lot of LSU fans excited over the Les stagnant offense days. The reason LSU may start two freshman is they are that good. Hard to keep them off the field especially Chase. He has really good size and is picking up the offense really quick. I also watched a little fall practice tape on him and he looks really good in his route running and has excellent hands.

There are several Dlinemen I'm excited about this year. Glen Logan, Tyler Shelvin, but he has to get his weight down more or he won't last more than 15 plays. Fehoko is the other and he's really solid. He had to sit out last year after transferring and we really needed him.

In regards to the qb situation, McMillan is a serviceable qb. More of a game manager. He has good feet and can get you some yards if the play isn't there, but his arm is average at best. Narcisse is the dual qb on this team. I think Esminger will try and get him into the game in a wildcat formation and he has a cannon arm that can beat you over the top, but he doesn't have near the touch that Burrow has. I like Brennan, but he has to put weight on and I don't think he can beat out Burrow. Right now it looks like it's between McMillan and Burrow to start against Miami

Advertisement
Back