LSU Fall Practice Info Drop Thread

Advertisement
LSU dlineman Rashard Lawrence their best guy on the dline only had 1.5 sack 3.5 tfls....

Fehoko the transfer from Texas tech was a freshman all American in the big 12 and transferred. Suppose to be strong but he didn’t look that impressive in the spring game.

Glen Logan the de rumored to be transferring to Miami last year looks to be starting with Edwin Alexander not healthy.

Tyler shelvin is out of shape and 360 plus.

Klavon Chaisson is very talented but didn’t play a whole lot last year 4.5 tfls 2 sacks at outside linebacker.

Personally not seeing where all this depth they keep saying they have on the Dline especially behind the starters. When I watch Their film they don’t seem imposing at all. Mostly unproven talent and the ones who have played hasn’t made that much of an impact. Lawrence spent the whole year starting pretty much and only had 3.5 tfls and 1.5 sacks.

That's what I thought. I think overrated is the word I would use on a dline that has potential but hasn't sowed a thing

Whoever the QB selection is for the UM game...Is it safe to say they are on a short leash if things go south in a hurry...Or is Orgeron going to ride with whomever the chose is at least for that game..?

I think whoever wins the job will play the majority of the game no matter what. I think the same thing can be said for Rozier if he struggles.

Rashard was injured for a lot of last year and is healthy finally. Logan has a lot of talent, but he needed to grow up and it seems like Rashard has been a good influence on him and he has his act together academically and in the film room. Chaisson is a name you will hear a lot in the opener. He will have to be double teamed or Rosier will be on his *** a lot. Tyler looked unblockable in the spring game, but like I said before his weight is an issue and will only see a handful of plays until his weight gets under 350. Fehoko didn't look impressive in the spring game, but from all accounts from the media during fall camp he looks really good. Hoping that game was just a fluke.
Our tackles will be well tested, we have elite ends talent wise they are blocking every day like joe Jackson and Jon garvin

Advertisement
That is due to qb play and the lack of developing qb's under Miles. I think that will change with Burrow. If Orgeron wins 8 or less games this year, his seat will be super hot.
We will be happy to help turn up the heat on September 2nd.

Advertisement
How is Miami's special teams?
Lost our starting kicker, a freshman looks to be getting the job. Punter was very inconsistent as a freshman

We have talent at kick return but the blocking needs to be better. Punt return the same thing, loss our starter at punt return but have viable options. Our kick return coverage is pretty good and should be even better with more athletes on the field.

Last edited:
I actually think LSU has the same problem as Miami, your OL won't be great (Ed Ingram suspended) and we have a better DL than your OL. I think your DL will be better than our OL so that's a wash. Lets not get it twisted, LSU has a lot of talent. I know, I live in Lafayette, LA but you are talking about unproven QB, WR's, & RB's vs a veteran Miami team in the first game of the season. I think the QB play will decide the game and our guy has been in huge games (Notre Dame, Florida State, Clemson, & Wisconsin)
I’m in Lafayette too, LSU is going to be better than a lot of people think. Our defense has to be lights out and our offense has to be more efficient. Basically we can’t play like we did against Wisconsin

I say we run right at him & let’s see what he’s made of.
I compare him and Shaq a lot along with Devin Bush...watched their Spring game twice... the kid is good wanted to dislike him, but after watching his SEC Interview can't help but like him... but in the spring game he looked a bit sluggish ... he is up to 255 ...that may slow him down a bit... should be a good showing in Dallas

Advertisement
I think whoever wins the job will play the majority of the game no matter what. I think the same thing can be said for Rozier if he struggles.

Did Burrow ever get in, in a meaningful game while at OSU? If so, which game(s)?

I compare him and Shaq a lot along with Devin Bush...watched their Spring game twice... the kid is good wanted to dislike him, but after watching his SEC Interview can't help but like him... but in the spring game he looked a bit sluggish ... he is up to 255 ...that may slow him down a bit... should be a good showing in Dallas

This is a great observation as I noticed DWhite looked a little heavy too but then people started throwing around his testing numbers (4.47 40 yard dash and 39' inch vert) and I figured he was a freak at 255lbs and could hold his weight. We will see soon enough

Advertisement
Lawrence played with a high ankle sprain in 2017 if I'm not mistaken.

Advertisement
Back